Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:49:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: AD&D Ral partha still in production  (Read 2324 times)

Offline Donpimpom

• Mad Scientist
    • Tabletop Fantasy
AD&D Ral partha still in production
« on: April 12, 2013, 11:42:49 AM »
I'm looking for a few minis from Ral PArtha AD&D range.
apart from
http://ironwindmetals.com
and
http://www.ralparthaeurope.co.uk/
there is someone else still producing ral partha stuff?

to be more specific i'm after these guys

« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 12:19:49 PM by Donpimpom »

Offline Braxandur

• Mastermind
Re: AD&D Ral partha still in production
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2013, 12:42:35 PM »
As far as I know the entire TRS Ral Partha range was under license and is not produced anymore. A real shame since there were/are quite some gems in the serie
Why aim for gold if you can get lead?

Offline Drunkendwarf

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2013, 12:54:01 PM »
It's a pity. I have been looking for the top figure on ebay but the prices are a bit to high :'(

DJ

Offline Donpimpom

• Mad Scientist
    • Tabletop Fantasy
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2013, 01:12:19 PM »
yes thats the problem,  i'm not willing to sell my kidney to beat a collector or an ebay broker.
I dont mind paying for a new casted model or even a recast, my interest is on the sculpt itself, i'm a gamer, not a collector of rarities

Offline gnomehome

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2013, 01:39:40 PM »
I'm looking for a few minis from Ral PArtha AD&D range.

These have indeed been discontinued and are quite collectible and rather expensive though prices have dropped considerably the last two years.

I *might* have a spare genie (I'll check) and I'm quite certain I have one of the golems from that range (though it might be a hammer golem, again I'll have to check).
I like my games like my orange juice: pulpy with no added sugar or artificial sweeteners

Offline Cherno

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2013, 02:29:48 PM »
Furthermore, all RP AD&D molds were ordered destroyed when RP lost the license :(

Offline Donpimpom

• Mad Scientist
    • Tabletop Fantasy
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2013, 03:05:11 PM »
Oh my! every new bit of info sinks me deeper in my misery!
Looks like the next post will explain how the ones in charge to destroy the molds where killed and buried in a secret place

Gnomehome if you find something drop me a Pm please

Offline Braxandur

• Mastermind
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2013, 03:29:03 PM »
It was indeed a sad day that the molds were destroyed... I immediatly spend a lot of money on quite some sales, but am still missing quite some models from the range, sadly also the earlier shown genie...  :'(

I especially liked the models from the Dragonlance, Ravenloft and planscape series. Of the last one some models were released just before the license was discontinued, which was a real shame. Luckily after the news went out I managed to collect almost all the boxed sets, so I can't complain to much  :D

Offline Delaney

• Scientist
  • With great power comes great power bills.
    • Delaney King
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2013, 04:10:20 PM »
The ad&d license moulds where destroyed when Fasa stepped in.
I emailed wizards from many different angles about reproduction rights for long lost minis...  but cannot get a response.  You get trapped in a nasty hasbro licensing website loop when you chase up licensing via their site.  If anyone knows how to get a reply out of them I am still keen to explore this ressurecting of classics.

The plan I proposed was to restore figures from my own collection, including changing the bases for thin, rebadged tags and fixing known problem areas (like the loose weapons on the bugbears really need the hands attached to make them sturdy enough to game with).  The rebasing would cut down a great deal of weight and collectors would be able to tell the recasts from the genuine originals.

Sigh.  Tragic any moulds got destroyed.  Unless you count nagash... that should have been burnt, shredded and carried ti the four corners of the world.

Delaney King:  Digital Artist, Sculptor, Character Artist, TransDimentional Spatula Wielder, Sandwich.
My retro mini blog:  http:www.kingsminis.blogspot.com       My own minis and games:  www.darklinggames.com

Offline Donpimpom

• Mad Scientist
    • Tabletop Fantasy
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2013, 04:43:54 PM »
Have you tried to directly contact anyone working on the Ip dept of Hasbro using Linked In?

Offline Cherno

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2013, 06:13:16 PM »
It was indeed a sad day that the molds were destroyed... I immediatly spend a lot of money on quite some sales, but am still missing quite some models from the range, sadly also the earlier shown genie...  :'(

I especially liked the models from the Dragonlance, Ravenloft and planscape series. Of the last one some models were released just before the license was discontinued, which was a real shame. Luckily after the news went out I managed to collect almost all the boxed sets, so I can't complain to much  :D

Here's a secret I'm sharing with you:

This obscure German webshop still has lots of old RP miniatures, I managed to buy a Dark Sun boxed set last year and he also has other manufacturers... Worth a look.

http://www.without-name.de/Seiten/s01303.html

Offline Delaney

• Scientist
  • With great power comes great power bills.
    • Delaney King
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2013, 10:19:40 PM »
Linked in.  Nifty thinking!

A couple of those golems are up on ebay right now. (Not my listing btw just a headsup)
 I have a pair and they are very cool minis.  Just painted their fellow flesh and clay golems too... also wonderful!