Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:17:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Crisis Point 2 - Arctic Strike  (Read 1502 times)

Offline Cueball

• Assistant
Crisis Point 2 - Arctic Strike
« on: April 15, 2013, 10:34:24 PM »

Hi All,

This weekend I was lucky enough to attend 'Crisis Point 2 - Arctic Strike'; a Cold War Commander Mega-game.

The link below is to one of the organisers blog; Richard Phillips, and shows photo's taken over the 2 day event.

http://arcticstrike2013.blogspot.co.uk/

We played in 6mm on 1 large and 2 enormous tables, with an approximate total of 100K points - which I don't believe includes the vast amount of aircraft present, which could easily add another 20K.

Held in the hall at Dungworth Primary School, near Sheffield UK, it continued the story of Crisis Point 1 which was a WW3 Central Front scenario set in 1985. Crisis Point 2 was inspired by the book 'Arctic Strike' and gamed the Northern Flank. Rumour has it that Crisis Point 3 will do Southern Front, but that's another story, as yet unwritten....

The result however was an overall Warpac victory with Bodo airfield in the firm hands of the Soviet Airborne and Naval Infantry, who held it against a combined UK/Dutch/USMC force, Bjerkvik held also by Naval Infantry and Para's despite the attempts of a Norwegian/Swedish/US Rangers assault force and a slim NATO victory on the Northern most table, which depicted an area to the south east of Tromso. This force consisted of 1 Norwegian and 1 Finnish brigade. Intended as a forlorn hope, with orders to hold and delay as long as possible, they nevertheless prevented any significant Warpac forces leaving the table to reinforce elsewhere, despite the Finnish Brigade being dangerously close to breaking.

A great weekend spent gaming, with plenty of ups and downs, interspersed with lashings of beer, pie, chips and gravy- courtesy of the Dave's and their lady-folk at the Royal Hotel in Dungworth.

I hope you like the pictures and indeed the blog/story of the road to Arctic Strike, as much as I enjoyed being part of it!

Offline Marine0846

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Re: Crisis Point 2 - Arctic Strike
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2013, 03:51:59 AM »
Great photos.
Lots of love in doing all the figures.
Love it.
Semper Fi, Mac

Offline Hobbit

• Scientist
Re: Crisis Point 2 - Arctic Strike
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2013, 12:43:26 PM »
I've been watching this progress from afar across a number of forums and blogs - I hadn't joined any discussions previously as I knew I wouldn't be able to attend. But it looks like it was really, really good and I take off my hat to all of those who were involved - I particularly like the little vignettes put together as command stands and the like.

Maybe I'll make Crisis Point 2014  :)