Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:33:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690619
  • Total Topics: 118340
  • Online Today: 866
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Ghosts of Hefei Funded! get in while you can.  (Read 8263 times)

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
  • There are hostile eye watching us from the arroyos
Re: Ghosts of Hefei reaches 50% funded with 15 days to go.
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2013, 02:51:53 AM »
backers
$6,600
pledged of $10,000 goal
days to go

Getting close to the end date and looking not so sure.

:(

And while I am not interested in the game it seemed like an interesting concept.

Hopefully it will finish strong.

Gracias,

Glenn
Viva Alta California!  Las guerras de España,  Las guerras de las Américas,  Las guerras para la Libertad!

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The dog, the dog, he's at it again
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2013, 07:16:19 AM »
Well, it doesn't look too good but on the plus side it does seem I'll still be able to get my Tong and Ruski hackers even if the KS tanks. That's mighty fine. As is the fact that apparently you will be able to mix and match figs from different sets 8)

Offline therepoman

• Scientist
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2013, 04:23:43 PM »
Well, it doesn't look too good but on the plus side it does seem I'll still be able to get my Tong and Ruski hackers even if the KS tanks. That's mighty fine. As is the fact that apparently you will be able to mix and match figs from different sets 8)

The artwork may be lacking a little, but the figures posted look great, especially the 15mm ones. If you figure that a good piece of artwork can cost $100-300, and if the whole point of the kickstarter is to get the game looking better and completed, it makes sense to pledge if you like the general concept and the greens.

It's not like the game is asking a lot in terms of a buy-in. you'd spend more than that on a single box set.

If the kickstarter tanks, the company gets NONE of the money from the kickstarter, and for a small company, that can make the difference between the game going on, and giving up on it.

I have no personal interest in the company, and have never even talked to the guy doing it, but I think that when you look at the 2 million dollar plus kickstarters that are just using it as a shopping cart for recycled ideas, vs the small guys who really need and deserve your support to get off the ground, it's clear where you should be putting your money.

Smaller companies with good ideas can really use your support, especially in the age of the mege-kickstarter, and a difficulty getting e-sales outside of that web site.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 04:25:57 PM by therepoman »
post-collapse tabletop adventures: www.wreck-age.net

Offline HRE Joseph III

• Librarian
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2013, 06:53:20 PM »
Hi Guys,

Thanks Repo man for the support. You're right, we're a very small company (just 5 guys spread between the US and Europe)and we're working hard to make the game a reality.

I take your point about the art and that is something that we're working on. I comission what i can afford out of my pocket and do what painting I can do myself. But I'm more of a graphic designer than an illustrator.

If the Kickstarter does not succeed, we will continue on with the game, it will just take a lot longer to produce the range that we want to do. What we have now is two sculpts in each scale, the oni figure is cast and we are working on the rules. We'll have to do this the old fashion way and gradually fund the range with existing sales.

The game will be made regardless of the kickstarter, you just may have to put up with more of my artwork.  :)

But we're not done yet. I worked on the Goalsystem Delves campaign and that made $2500 in two days, so I'm still confident that this can be done.
Holy Roman Emperor Joseph III
Rex Germanorum

Offline HRE Joseph III

• Librarian
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2013, 06:58:15 PM »
We've changed the figure selection options for all backer levels that contain figures. We've moved to a more Ala Carte model.

As is stands if we don't make any of the strech goals, we will be producing 10 figures. We've decided to cast up the Russian and Tong hackers along with the 6 Yakuza gang members. We are also producing custom figures for the two premium backers we have so far.

What we are going to do is allow backers to customize which figures they would like along with their pledge. So you won't be limited to multiples of the Yakuza if your pledge includes several gangs.

So if you purchased two gang sets you can select 12 figures in whatever combination of figures that you want. You could select 1 Yakuza boss, 6 fabricants, 2 yakuza hackers and 3 of the special characters. 

Here is the first of those special characters. This figure will be sculpted as part of our initial goal and all backers can choose this figure as part of their rewards.

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2013, 06:46:31 AM »
The artwork may be lacking a little, but the figures posted look great, especially the 15mm ones. If you figure that a good piece of artwork can cost $100-300, and if the whole point of the kickstarter is to get the game looking better and completed, it makes sense to pledge if you like the general concept and the greens.

It's not like the game is asking a lot in terms of a buy-in. you'd spend more than that on a single box set.

If the kickstarter tanks, the company gets NONE of the money from the kickstarter, and for a small company, that can make the difference between the game going on, and giving up on it.

I have no personal interest in the company, and have never even talked to the guy doing it, but I think that when you look at the 2 million dollar plus kickstarters that are just using it as a shopping cart for recycled ideas, vs the small guys who really need and deserve your support to get off the ground, it's clear where you should be putting your money.

Smaller companies with good ideas can really use your support, especially in the age of the mege-kickstarter, and a difficulty getting e-sales outside of that web site.
Preaching to choir, mate.

Offline HRE Joseph III

• Librarian
Re: Ghosts of Hefei Special Character Concept Art Posted.
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2013, 08:13:42 AM »

Per the request on some forums, I've painted up some of Dave's concept art for the Yakuza. Hopefully this will give people a better idea what we are trying to do in terms of miniatures.

and speaking of miniatures, there was a great idea by a backer on the comments section. As of now, you can select the existing Department miniatures as part of your reward. These are 15mm only (sorry 28mm guys). But if you are into 15mm, you have 16 figures to choose from!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1931671462/ghosts-of-hefei-tabletop-near-future-gang-warfare

You can see more  of the department figures below.

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Ghosts of Hefei Special Character Concept Art Posted.
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2013, 08:24:01 AM »
Per the request on some forums, I've painted up some of Dave's concept art for the Yakuza. Hopefully this will give people a better idea what we are trying to do in terms of miniatures
Yep, it does. I see no significant movement in the KS pledge level over the last week or so but hopefully this new concept will inspire at least a few more people to join in.

I like the Yakuza hacker kidz idea a lot, hoping to see (and be able to get) the minis soon.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 08:25:46 AM by tnjrp »

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
Re: Ghosts of Hefei Updated Yakuza Concept Art Posted.
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2013, 09:52:56 AM »
Decided that 20$ for two gangs and rules is pretty damn awesome, especially with international shipping being included.

Also, is it me or would the rebel minis Shalur Mercenaries make for some pretty good replicants. Now I havn't read the rules yet of course but seems to me that with a game set in a city known for being full of replicants having a bucketload of the things on hand could be useful, even if just for having a few scrapped ones lying around as scenery.

3d designer, sculptor and printer, at your service!

3d files! (here)

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
  • There are hostile eye watching us from the arroyos
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2013, 11:32:44 AM »

Allow me to respectfully disagree with you:

1) "... it makes sense to pledge if you like the general concept and the greens..."

Actually no.  I have been playing (not counting toy soldiers since the 1950s) table top miniature war games since the 1970s and I am at the point where I am preparing for retirement (reducing miniatures/games) by focusing on what meets my goals for the remaining (hopefully) 20 plus years of living.

2) "... you'd spend more than that on a single box set..."  

The number of times I have bought a boxed set was once for the Halo Terrain.  Regretted it afterwards.  I am not a "corporate kid" for pretty much anything in my life but especially not war games.  Built all my own worlds for OD&D type thing.  I buy to fill niches and develop settings.

3) "...when you look at the 2 million dollar plus kickstarters that are just using it as a shopping cart for recycled ideas, vs the small guys who really need and deserve your support to get off the ground, it's clear where you should be putting your money..."  

Hell, no, it isn't.  I should put my money where my interests are - unrepentant free market capitalist that I am, I should only buy what fits  my interests and artistic preferences.

4)  "... smaller companies with good ideas can really use your support, especially in the age of the mege-kickstarter, and a difficulty getting e-sales outside of that web site...."  

I haven't seen more than three that have inspired my money so far.  And at least one of those would probably fir your idea of "recycled ideas" but it put several wants into one "buy-in" amount of money.

If they can't sell the idea they don't deserve my money.

Gracias,

Glenn

Offline Dentatus

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Stalker7.com
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2013, 01:51:21 PM »
My opinion is it's an excellent idea that needs more substance. I don't need a t-shirt or another set of rules, but as previously mentioned, I'm certainly interested in good 28mm cyberpunk/urban figs. I'm just not sufficiently convinced to plunk down $$$.

Perhaps this project needs to be reassessed and approached in smaller increments. 

workerBee

« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2013, 03:03:52 PM »
My opinion is it's an excellent idea that needs more substance. I don't need a t-shirt or another set of rules, but as previously mentioned, I'm certainly interested in good 28mm cyberpunk/urban figs. I'm just not sufficiently convinced to plunk down $$$.

Perhaps this project needs to be reassessed and approached in smaller increments.  

A fair evaluation and response.  Very well said.

Despite my criticism, I wish them success.

Gracias,

Glenn

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2013, 06:31:52 AM »
The KS has picked up somewhat 8)

Offline HRE Joseph III

• Librarian
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2013, 07:36:57 AM »
Yep the Kickstarter has picked up somewhat. We can still make it, so don't be shy about pledging. :)

In the meantime, we have a cool freebie for everyone to use in Hefei and other cyberpunk games.

Everyone loves signs, and here is a whole page of them. All you need to do is print them, cut them out and stick them to some foamcore. These will add cool cyberpunk accents for your gaming table.

You can download the file from the Kickstarter. It comes as a printable PDF

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1931671462/ghosts-of-hefei-tabletop-near-future-gang-warfare/posts/463083

here is a low res preview

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Ghosts of Hefei Free Printable Cyberpunk Signs Posted.
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2013, 09:16:12 AM »
Google translated Chinese -- such fun, I'm sure! 8)