Forum > Weird Wars

reading about Secrets of the third Reich painting question

(1/2) > >>

slobberblood:
So reading through Secrets of the third Reich, There seems to be a lot of room to use my warzone mini’s for the factions in this war. I do have the Soldats for the faction Sons of Rasputin that I want to paint up as Russian heavy infantry, but I’m at a loss at what color scheme to use, does anybody have any ideas.

slobberblood:
no takers?

Pappa Midnight:
I don't know which minis you are talking about I'm afraid........My knowledge of Warzone was limited to Capitol and some Vulkan Walkers I use for my German forces.

If they are in "Uniform" I would look up Russian uniforms on the net ( plenty of examples), mainly muted browns and greens. If they are "Armored" I would go for a Russian Tank colour scheme ( Green or Whitewash?) as it will match any heavy vehicles they've got and give a sense of uniformity to your force.
Personally I tend to associate my Ruskies with cold weather and so would go for pale greys, white with red insignia.

Regards
PM

Svennn:
exactly as Pappa Midnight says. Grey/White winter look is the way I would go. Search through and see some of his posts of his work - some awesome examples of this colour scheme.

If you go the green brown route they will not be so easily distinguished from the other nations.

The other scheme I may consider is communist red but that is a bit in your face really

slobberblood:

--- Quote from: "Pappa Midnight" ---I don't know which minis you are talking about I'm afraid........My knowledge of Warzone was limited to Capitol and some Vulkan Walkers I use for my German forces.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the info...
here are some photos...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version