Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:58:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: First Look - Battlegroup Overlord!  (Read 2218 times)

Offline V

• Mastermind
First Look - Battlegroup Overlord!
« on: April 16, 2013, 09:14:18 PM »
After a bit of logistical jiggery-pokery, I got a set of the two new books direct from the printers today! The rest of the books will be arriving at PSC GHQ sometime Thursday, just in time for the trip to Salute on Friday!

As I have them, I figured I'd give a quick run-down on them along with some poor pics by me, so you get an idea of the book and whats its like.

Firstly, Battlegroup Overlord is the same size and format as Battlegroup Kursk, another weighty tome filled to the brim yet again! The book starts with the usual run through of the campaign and then gets straight into the extra rules and army lists for the period. The first batch of lists for 'D-Day' is followed by a few scenarios and then we move into the second part of the book looking at the campaign after the initial landings and the lists associated with these. Again these are followed by more scenarios.

The scenarios are a mix of more generic ones and some more historical scenarios. All are set out in the usual format and give a wide range of combatants. For those using the lists for 'pick up and play' games, 'Beachhead' and 'Recce Screen' are added to the generic scenarios from the main rules. We also have the rules sections dealing with specific Normandy issues plus a few more special rules to give the differing armies their 'flavour'. Plus of course all the vehicle and gun stats.

There is not much more I want to say at the moment, as well, I dont want to spoil it for people really! So I will just leave it to the pics for now (sorry they aint great) and let people see what they think when they get their copies!

The mini rulebook is a nice little handy size, and is basically the rules taken out of Battlegroup Kursk and presented on their own with the generic scenarios. The pics have been updated along with the special rules to cover the release of Overlord as well as Kursk.

I think this little fella will prove an easy reference book for players...

So thats all, just a quick sneak peek at the two new books.

Offline moiterei_1984

• Mad Scientist
    • My hobby blog
Re: First Look - Battlegroup Overlord!
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2013, 09:29:45 PM »
Looking forward to get my copy ...
Why does the supplement on the first pic look taller than the core-book?

Offline tomek917

• Mad Scientist
    • Anabasis
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2013, 10:34:13 PM »
Wow, these look fantastic! Need to put in an order asap!

Offline gorgarrak

• Bookworm
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2013, 03:47:52 AM »
I can't wait, and as for the core book size, It is like the mini WFB and 40K mini rule books that come with the core game, as the main rules all appear in BGK but not in BGO so to use just BGO Warwick didn't want to say you MUST own a copy of BGK.
Without going too deep into it and not using to many abbreviations  o_o the mini rule book WILL be needed for BGO, BGFotR, BGB and all subsequent WW2 Battlegroup releases

Mike
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 03:52:10 AM by gorgarrak »