Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:29:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691047
  • Total Topics: 118365
  • Online Today: 809
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: (KICKSTARTER) Robotech Tactics  (Read 26708 times)

Offline Dr. Zombie

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Robotech Tactics Kickstarter
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2013, 04:31:50 PM »
I am soo tempted by this.
Robotech was my first love. When I was a young boy I got up at the crack of dawn every saturday morning to watch it on Sky.

Unfortunately I have just spend waaay to much money on Zombicide. If I spend any more on this the missus would hunt me down and kill me.

Offline Jaeger

• Scientist
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2013, 04:44:20 PM »
You can always hide out at my place.  ;)
Too many projects... not enough time...

Offline King Tiger

• Scientist
  • the levels of derp are astounding.
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2013, 07:11:38 PM »
Still no VF-1D though, they have to do it at some point surely, its a main veritech of episode 1 and can still be used afterwards by players.

Offline Jaeger

• Scientist
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2013, 09:12:27 PM »
Aye.

Not to mention the male/female powerarmour, Armoured Veritech, Super Veritech and perhaps some of the more conventional earth forces like the Commancero helicopter would be cool. Maybe even some Zentradi troopers in bodyarmour with assault rifles?

Lots of options left.

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2013, 11:35:36 PM »
Based on the animated series you have:

VT-1D/VF-1D Veritech
VF-1A
VF-1J
VF-1S
Armored Veritech
Super Veritech
Spartan
Tomahawk
Monster
Defender
Phalanx
+Various shuttles/space fighters etc.

Regult Pod
Regult Light Missile Pod
Regult Heavy Missile Pod
Scout Pod
Fighter Pod
Officer's Pod
Male Power Armour
Female Power Armour
"Cyclops" Recon Ship
Light Foot Soldier
Heavy Foot Soldier
+Landing Ships/Shuttles etc.

If anything, it's actually a very small range, with a huge potential variety (different levels of skill for pilots = endless possibilities).  I have no doubt eventually the entire line "should" be produced.  The VT-1D could very easily be made with a VF-1J modified very simply.  There are no substantial differences in the design of the Veritech other than the head (split two-level visor).

^I actually have all of the above in 1/200 scale with the exception of Zentraedi foot soldiers.  There is no excuse not to flush out the full line in 1/285.  Also, as announced a long time ago Palladium stated firmly they would be doing all three Robotech series (Macross/Southern Cross/Invid).  I'm not sure if they're still planning this. 
2024 Painted Miniatures: 203
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline Jaeger

• Scientist
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2013, 12:32:19 PM »
I just Wonder how much of this stuff will make it on the kickstarter. Guess we'll just ave to wait and see.

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2013, 10:48:52 PM »
EDIT: They changed the wording since the last time I looked, so it may actually be four destroids...my mistake.  That's much better thankfully.

It also makes the destroids $10 a pop...for a single plastic figure.  The Veritechs are $15 for three, or half the cost.  Remember, at 1/285th the models are scarcely bigger than a 28mm figure.  For injected molded plastic models, $10 a piece is getting quite absurd.  I'm afraid to see the non-kickstarter price of some of this stuff.

I'm really hoping the stuff will be available from a retailer who can shave some of the cost off.  The initial box set/game seems very appropriate (31+ models for $80 + rules and dice and cards).  I'm a little wishy-washy on the way they're pricing things...
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 10:57:10 PM by Elbows »

Offline kalamadea

• Librarian
    • Image Gallery
« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2013, 05:43:58 AM »
yeah, destroids are $5 each for the addon. But with all the recent stretch goals we should be getting 4 more in the base box set anyways. the $140 is really shaping up to have a good amount of freebies. Nothing Mantic or Reaper Bones level, but a good amount of extras.

I just hope we see more Zentraedi soon, we need those infantry and power armor more than the RDF needs VF-1Ds and Super/Armored Veritechs. Battle pods (besides the Glaug) = meh
~Kalamadea
(aka Ember)
My Image Gallery

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2013, 06:16:23 AM »
While I don't expect everything in the starter box...it would be inexcusable to not have the full line above.

I'm still concerned with the prices...seeing that the Spartan destroid set is actually $10 a piece as I had feared...and $40 for a single MkII Monster!?  The Monster model is still going to be quite small...I have no idea how in the world it'll be worth $40.

I hope the prices are inflated to cover eventual freebies or something.  I'm just excited to see attention being paid to Robotech, one of my all-time favourite IP's.

Also, if this goes for sale on proper retailers, and say you can get the full starter box for...say...$65 from Warstore or something, it'll represent a very good gaming value.  Time to introduce kids to real cartoons!  :)

Offline Jaeger

• Scientist
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2013, 07:32:22 AM »
I think it's all part of the kickstarter strategy. The other Destroids got bumped to 4 in a box.

Two destroids more in the box and two more at 430K makes a whole lot of miniatures in that box imo.

I really don't think the whole line will be available in the box though. Compared to other start-boxes that would be utopia.

As for the Monster being small:

With the veritchs being about 40mm (this could be the Guardian mode though), that could be quite a large model. Compared to models from f.eks. GW it's more or less the same. Seen the Price for a Rhino or a Sentinel lately?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 07:53:44 AM by Jaeger »

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2013, 08:58:13 AM »
Oh, no I don't mean the entire line in the box...I just mean the entire line should be available and at a reasonable cost when everything is said and done.

I know the Monster's size...but at 1/285th...depending on how they scale it, it could still be quite a small, simple model.  If it's the size of a dreadnought etc...it better have detail to warrant the cost.  I can buy a quality Bandai kit in 1/200 for $20...so I'll have a hard time swallowing this one.

I also suspect we're seeing a "well...you only need one of these, so it's a bit pricier..." thing here.  :D  Though at 1/285th you may be fielding more than one Monster.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 09:01:40 AM by Elbows »

Offline Jaeger

• Scientist
« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2013, 06:20:17 PM »
Ah I see. :)

Well the Male Power Armour seems to be the NeXT, so one less for the wish list. Hope they'll get around to the female power armour soon. :)

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2013, 07:21:00 PM »
I will be shocked if they break more than half a million to 600k at most...they really spread out their freebies and are going a bit too happy on upgrades...they should have put the $ upgrades to the MAC, Power Armor (male and female), Super Veritech, etc...then tossed in quietly some extra mecha like veritechs, destroids and pods including the missile pods...then opted for people to buy a few add ons if they wanted extras.

Instead they are making it too pricey and greedy which isn't making people open their wallets....freebies open up wallets as they will buy some upgrades to get free, but they won't pay to get the ability to buy something...just not good biz...look at Reaper and how they fueled they fire....Ninja is hoping the fanboys will open their wallets up no matter what.
Check out my blogs!

Warhammer 40k, Fantasy and more!: http://armyoftheweek.blogspot.com

Warhammer Historicals: Legends of the High Seas and Old West, Gladiator: http://diceoflegends.blogspot.com/

Strange Aeons: http://strangeraeonsadventures.blogspot.com

Offline Love_the_Lash

• Librarian
« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2013, 07:47:34 PM »
I think the monster is easily going to be as big as a 40k scale dreadnought see...

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rrpgt/robotech-rpg-tacticstm/posts/462601 for scale with the other miniatures and...

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rrpgt/robotech-rpg-tacticstm/posts/460317 for veritech scaled against a marine.

There's no way that isn't going to be a big model!

Offline Jaeger

• Scientist
« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2013, 08:31:13 PM »
Indeed as the Monster is even taller and much wider than a Pod.

@styx: I've heard this greedy argument before, but to me it doesn't compute. Seems like tere's a ton of models in the Battle Cry starter already, but this is the first kickstarter I've ever followed, so I have nothing to compare with.