Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:25:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Captain Blood's Western Desert: P.125 - SdKfz10 half-track with 2cm Flak 30  (Read 276535 times)

Offline Ray Rivers

• Galactic Brain

I've also just invested in an airbrush...

Taking your painting to another level, I see.  ;)

Although this will take my WW2 Western Desert / Syria collection to almost 50 vehicles and AFVs.

You're going to need a bigger board. I mean... a much bigger board.  o_o

Offline CapnJim

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Gainfully unemployed and lovng it!
That's quite the collection of vehicles so far.  So far, so good!
"Remember - Incoming Fire Has the Right-of-Way"

Offline voltan

• Mastermind
Hmmm. There's only one Rubicon Valentine kit for all variants as far as I can see. You can build a II / III / IIICS / IV or V from it. But there are several guns included which aren't referenced anywhere in the actual assembly instructions. Which seems uncharacteristically incomplete for Rubicon, who are usually incredibly thorough about absolutely everything.
Ah well, no matter... I've built the version I wanted anyway :)

Had a look on their forum, sometimes have to keep chasing something down :P, there's a second kit for the IX / X / XI, the only difference is the sprue for the turret.

Anyway back to being well jelly of your painting.
Yvan eht nioj!

Offline Blackwolf

• Potato Cup 3 winner
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Fantastic  :-*
I think you’ll pick up using an airbrush pretty quickly, then nothings going to stop you :)
May the Wolf  Walk With You
http://greywolf1066.blogspot.com.au/

Painting Clubs Joined: APC,MPC, PPC,PAPC,LPC.

Offline NurgleHH

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spacelord
    • Victory Decision Vietnam
Richard, it seems you want to prepare a 1:1 game for the desert. So many vehicles! I think your collection is growing to the whole german and british army of WW2.
Victory Decision Vietnam here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=43264.0

Victory Decision Spacelords here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=68939.0

My pictures: http://pictures.dirknet.de/

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
Haha! Thanks Dirk.

Fantastic  :-*
I think you’ll pick up using an airbrush pretty quickly, then nothings going to stop you :)

Thanks Guy.
The last airbrush I had was a Humbrol one, circa 1975. It was useless. Strangely, I still have the black plastic box it came in. The box proved a lot more use than the airbrush.

I’ve now bought an Iwata airbrush and compressor. Just starting to get the hang of it. Bulk spraying is clearly easy enough. Using it for fine detail is clearly an acquired skill. But we’ll see.
The main problem is, because of the residual spray atomized into the air, I don’t really want to use it inside the house. And it’s absolutely freezing here at the moment, so I don’t really want to spend time spraying in the garage lol

Had a look on their forum, sometimes have to keep chasing something down :P, there's a second kit for the IX / X / XI, the only difference is the sprue for the turret.

Anyway back to being well jelly of your painting.

Aha. I’d completely missed that they had this other kit out for later Valentines. That explains it. Odd, they don’t seem to have made much of it. There again, the Rubicon forum seems at death’s door. Hardly anything on there nowadays. Not even all the Rubicon news  ::)

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
They seem to have moved all such news to Mr Zuckerberg’s diabolical engine. Probably cheaper but not a great understanding of their market’s demographics.
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline CapnJim

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Gainfully unemployed and lovng it!
They seem to have moved all such news to Mr Zuckerberg’s diabolical engine. Probably cheaper but not a great understanding of their market’s demographics.

Right?  Count me as one who tries his utmost to avoid so-called "social" media...

Offline ARKOUDAKI

• Mad Scientist
Gosh Richard, are you still flogging this dead horse lol lol lol lol Seriously, impressed as always by your creativity! And try that Tamiya Extra Thin glue, as it is really good. The one by MigAmmo is also good. :) Keep up the great work! I expect to see your vehicle pool all painted to your usual high standard by next week, so get on with it!

Offline Redmist1122

• Scientist
Whenever I see this post re-surfacing...gotta stop what I'm doing to see the latest from Captain Blood.  Your models are looking good.  I too have 2 x IPAC vehicles.  I went and 3D printed them to 1:48 scale.  This scale match all of my collection. I had a couple of extra Perry 8th Army figures and some Indian heads and mounted them similar to what you've done.
Greg P.
Tucson, AZ, USA

Offline David H

• Scientist

The last airbrush I had was a Humbrol one, circa 1975. It was useless. Strangely, I still have the black plastic box it came in. The box proved a lot more use than the airbrush.

I’ve now bought an Iwata airbrush and compressor.

I did exactly the same! Except mine was a Badger not Humbrol. Dreadful thing with a can that never seemed to last long enough to complete the job.
I just use my Iwata for base coating on the whole, it speeds things up.

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
Thanks. Yes, it’s definitely a fast way of getting the basics done. A good investment I think.

Redmist - those carriers look great  :-*

Offline Axebreaker

• Mastermind
Excellent builds Captain and if your airbrush work looks anything like your painting they will look amazing 8)

Christopher

Offline Redmist1122

• Scientist
Thanks. Yes, it’s definitely a fast way of getting the basics done. A good investment I think.

Redmist - those carriers look great  :-*

Thank you!  The pigments and weathering hide most of the 3D printed textures. Your modifications with figures are very inspiring.

Speaking of airbrushes, I use a Iwata Neo double action gravity fed from Hobby Lobby.  It's a a double action one and works like a champ!  Had it now for 6+ years.  It was cheap at Hobby Lobby when they had their 40% off coupons.  I had to replace the needle and tip twice...rookie mistakes.  Back in the day when I was little I had an 'ol school badger syphon fed...uuugh...worked but what a pain. Love my Iwata.

Offline Eclaireur

• Scientist
the Rubicon forum seems at death’s door. Hardly anything on there nowadays. Not even all the Rubicon news  ::)

sorry to say the Rubicon business seems to have been hard hit by supply chain problems - everything seems to have slowed down, release wise, and large amounts of the range show as Sold Out in the webstore. Not surprisingly the forum has ebbed away because of that
EC