Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:00:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691075
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 804
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 6
Guests: 720
Total: 726

Recent

Author Topic: Ral Partha Fantasy size?  (Read 4315 times)

Offline Gibby

• Scatterbrained Genius
Ral Partha Fantasy size?
« on: April 22, 2013, 08:48:53 PM »
Hi chaps,

As a few of us in Lincoln are starting an Oldhammer project, I thought I might do a Chaos army. I quite like Ral Partha's "Chaotic Imperium" types, but I wonder at what sort of size they are in comparison to other fantasy ranges? I have GW Beastmen (some old metals and current plastics) to add to the force so hopefully they aren't far off that size. Does anybody have any pictures or advice regarding this?

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
  • There are hostile eye watching us from the arroyos
Re: Ral Partha Fantasy size?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2013, 09:22:58 PM »
Don't have any of those but I have tons of RP dwarves/Goblins/many Orcs mixed in with my Der Kriegspieler forces.  My humans from past RPG days include some RP PC types.   8)

Former are 18 - 25 mm tall in general, humans were "true" 25 to some "true 28" types if I recall.  The "Heroic 25," 28 mm, and "Heroic 28 mm" style figures come about a decade after my initial (and current) 1978 - 1980's fantasy armies  IIRC., much less the current essentially 30 mm figures I am seeing in stores.   ::)

I never "upgraded" because dwarves/gnomes/goblins/orcs are... well... not humans.  If the Humans are taller that doesn't change the shorter but cooler races heights.   ;)   lol

Hope that helps.    :)

Gracias,

Glenn
Viva Alta California!  Las guerras de España,  Las guerras de las Américas,  Las guerras para la Libertad!

Offline sundayhero

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2013, 09:36:08 PM »
If you want, I can measure my ral partha miniatures. I've got some of diferent races :

http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=52664.0

Let me know ;)

Offline aiteal

• Librarian
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2013, 10:29:16 PM »
You might get the info you are after here
http://www.frothersunite.com/files/rob/Cksc/Cksc1.htm

although I can't see anything on the relative sizes of the RP Chaos ranges tbh

edit:
http://www.frothersunite.com/files/rob/Cksc/Cksc2.htm
The Fantasy Armies range are moulded onto varying sizes of lead base, but the Crucible figures are slotta and easy to rebase; all are 28mm.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 10:34:15 PM by aiteal »

Offline Damien

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2013, 01:00:10 AM »
I think I have a couple, let me look and I'll post up some pics soon.

Damien

Offline Imp522

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2013, 01:37:44 AM »
They'll fit on 25s with relatively no problem, I think a few I had to trim their bases. I think hight wise they'll be close to the older GW but a tad more slender. I imagine on the table in separate units they would look fine.
Having trouble posting them here but you can see the army I did with them here
http://s1357.photobucket.com/user/Imp522/library/Chaos%20Imperium?sort=3&page=1
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 01:39:40 AM by Imp522 »

Offline Damien

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2013, 04:16:31 AM »
OK.... I found the mini I wanted to post, it only took me 2hrs, goddamn I think I came to the realization that I have wayyy to many miniatures. I will post some pics tomorrow as it is too late now. Hold tight and I'll get you some cool pics.

Damien

@Imp, photobucket keeps going to 'white screen' when I follow your link; that is one of the reasons I dropped it and went to imgur. Can you try and post your pics, they look very interesting and I'd like to see them.

Offline Gibby

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2013, 06:57:18 AM »
Thanks guys, I appreciate it!

Offline Imp522

• Scientist
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2013, 01:33:17 PM »
@Damien weird, well until I figure it out here is a link to them on my blog http://imp522shouseofwargaming.blogspot.com/search/label/Chaos%20Imperium

Offline Gibby

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2013, 07:22:10 PM »
Cheers for the pics there :D

They look quite slight it seems, and maybe won't fit in all that well with the other stuff I will be using. That said, they will be sharing a table with Mirliton stuff etc so it could be ok! I may order a few to see.

Offline aiteal

• Librarian
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2013, 08:51:20 PM »
If you're looking for something a little more 'heroic' scale to fit in with your old RoC minis, have you considered Avatar's of War various Warriors of Apoc boxed sets?

http://www.avatars-of-war.com/eng/web/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=85&Itemid=120

Offline Damien

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2013, 03:22:26 AM »
Hello again, OK here we go, here are some pics of a few mini companies not only Ral Partha:

Here we have, left to right, GW Chaos warrior, RP Chaos Archer w/long bow, Metal Magic(from Mega Minis) Chaos Warrior and RP Barbarian 'Tyrant'.

Left to right again, Metal Magic(Mega Minis) Chaos warrior, GW Chaos Sorcerer, Metal Magic Chaos Sorcerer, Heartbreaker Wizard.

I have added a lot of different companies for size comparison because I personally like a lot of variation in my warbands/armies. I love Metal Magic and find that they are very underrated, unfortunately Mega Minis are going out of business soon but offer 7$ shipping around the world and these minis sell for only 2$ and mounted Chaos warriors for 6$. My other love is RP and hope that you find the size very comparable to GW because I would very much like to see a painted RP Chaos army posted here soon.

Let me know if you have any questions,
 Damien

P.S. I posted the RP Barbarian 'Tyrant' because I think a unit of these guys would make some awesome old school Chaos Thugs.

Offline Gibby

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2013, 07:00:12 AM »
Fantastic! They will do the trick I reckon! I suspect the Beastmen of the army will tower over some of the Chaos Warriors but then they are mutants and the rules don't differentiate between types.