Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 11:08:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Khurasan releases 28mm Federal Army  (Read 11203 times)

Offline Khurasan Miniatures

• Mastermind
  • Miniature manufacturer to the stars
    • Khurasan Miniatures
Khurasan releases 28mm Federal Army
« on: April 23, 2013, 02:22:58 AM »
We are very pleased to release our latest models, and the first 28mm models we have released in a while, the 28mm Federal Army.  These are 28mm versions of our extremely popular 15mm Federal Army range.

This first release has infantry as well as vehicles -- the vehicles are entirely resin, the infantry are all one piece pewter castings.  Our goal was to provide infantry with both the recession-busting price of plastics (about $1.30 a figure) and the strength, heft and ease of one-piece pewter pieces, and we hope you like the results.

The Federal Army is the largest military force in the Federation.  Federal Army Heavy Infantry wear extensive carapace protection and carry a variety of weapons, most common being the pulse rifle.  One soldier in each fireteam will usually have a plasma grenade launcher attached to his rifle as well.  The 28mm Federal Army Rifle Set has nine unique poses -- a squad leader, two team leaders, two riflemen with grenade attachment (these are the five poses to the left in the above image), and four riflemen.

Fire teams often have one or two squad rapidfire riflemen with the larger and much more powerful, but heavier, rapidfire pulser.  The 28mm Federal Army Squad Rapidfire Weapons Set has four models in four unique poses.

Attached at higher level are infantry heavy weapons -- the 28mm Federal Army Heavy Weapons Set has a missile team of loader and missileman, a plasma gunner, and a marksman with heavy anti-material rifle.  

The model of the Polecat Armoured Command/Utility Vehicle is approximately 102mm long and comes with a missile launcher which may be swapped with the rotary gun turret -- it's not shown here but is identical to that on the 15mm vehicle.  

The model of the massive Caiman Heavy APC is approximately 190mm long and has an adjustable starboard door.  This massive, heavily armed and armoured vehicle can carry a reinforced squad directly into the centre of the battlefield, then support them on to victory.

As were their 15mm versions, the 28mm infantry were sculpted by Mike Broadbent.  The vehicles (and the infantry shown with the vehicles for comparison) were painted by dwartist and the infantry in the standalone photos were painted by Chris Yaro.

Available now, at the link below.  

http://khurasanminiatures.tripod.com/28mmscifi.html

Federal Army Infantry with tripod mounted heavy weapons will be a future release -- they are already well underway.  If this line proves popular we will certainly release more of our 15mm vehicles in 28mm scale.  Happy gaming!
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 02:25:58 AM by Khurasan Miniatures »
Khurasan Miniatures

Like us on Facebook for updates:
http://www.facebook.com/khurasanminiatures

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
Re: Khurasan releases 28mm Federal Army
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013, 02:44:16 AM »
I have no use for them - but pretty lovely stuff.  Perhaps a nice civilized opponent to the Eisenkern fellas?  I don't care much for the super-short wheel based APC...that thing would be a huge pain in the ass to drive like that!  :?

Cool figures, and it's nice to see a full line released, instead of a single blister of four models every couple of months.  If I had any need I'd definitely consider them.  I like the less-is-more poses of some of the basic troopers.  I don't particularly love the plasma/laser cannon which looks gigantic and a bit too GW though.

As a whole, top quality stuff guys.
2024 Painted Miniatures: 203
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline Michka

• Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2013, 05:28:53 AM »
I love these!!! Simply love them. I'm curious to see what kind of looks you could get out of these troops with a lighter base color. Maybe Sand or even White. They are for science fiction games after all. There's no reason to muddy the water with reality.

Offline CompanyB

• Mastermind
    • http://www.companyb.biz
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2013, 05:34:43 AM »
Sigh..and I was just getting some money from the sale pages...

and it's gone!

Offline bandit86

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2013, 06:26:46 AM »
Really nice, those.
Barbarella: What's that screaming? A good many dramatic situations begin with screaming...
http://bandit86.blogspot.com/

Offline King Tiger

• Scientist
  • the levels of derp are astounding.
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2013, 06:31:40 AM »
Do you have UK stockists?

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The dog, the dog, he's at it again
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2013, 06:47:28 AM »
I have no use for them - but pretty lovely stuff
Basically, this. As I already said on TMP and expect to be labeled a Khurasan hater :P

Offline Inso

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Often confused or misunderstood...
    • Inso's World
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2013, 07:25:34 AM »
I really think that these are brilliant... and for less than £1-00 a miniature? That is some serious pricing, that is.

I prefer one piece casts so these tick that box and the design works for me too.

Excellent stuff it's just a shame that there is no UK/European stockist.

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2013, 07:40:39 AM »
They are fantastic, spot on, only other range I ahd looked at were Mongrels minis at the time but they seem to have slowed a little to date with the move to Hasslefree, these are very tempting ;D :-*

Offline dijit

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • And when Eric eats a banana...
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2013, 09:10:21 AM »
These are some truely great looking minis, and at a fantastic price. Keep them rolling!

Offline blacksmith

• Mad Scientist
    • Javier at war
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2013, 10:16:17 AM »
I really think that these are brilliant... and for less than £1-00 a miniature? That is some serious pricing, that is.

I prefer one piece casts so these tick that box and the design works for me too.

Excellent stuff it's just a shame that there is no UK/European stockist.
I ordered them several times from Spain (15 mm sigh!) and had always good service and reasonalbe P&P.

Offline Inso

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Often confused or misunderstood...
    • Inso's World
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2013, 10:27:40 AM »
I ordered them several times from Spain (15 mm sigh!) and had always good service and reasonalbe P&P.

With the US postal rates going berserk, it is only a matter of time before Khurasan have to reflect the cost in their P&P charges. Add to that the VAT charge and administration charge when the parcel arrives in the UK and the cost mounts up.

Luckily, the miniatures are extremely reasonably priced so that will off-set some of the pain.

My original comment was not a dig at Khurasan's proven excellence in providing a service, just a general sigh about the additional charges that will be incurred that wouldn't be if I bought from the UK (even if the cost of the miniatures would have to rise by 20% for VAT).

Offline blacksmith

• Mad Scientist
    • Javier at war
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2013, 10:39:47 AM »
With the US postal rates going berserk, it is only a matter of time before Khurasan have to reflect the cost in their P&P charges. Add to that the VAT charge and administration charge when the parcel arrives in the UK and the cost mounts up.

Luckily, the miniatures are extremely reasonably priced so that will off-set some of the pain.

My original comment was not a dig at Khurasan's proven excellence in providing a service, just a general sigh about the additional charges that will be incurred that wouldn't be if I bought from the UK (even if the cost of the miniatures would have to rise by 20% for VAT).
Of course you not. I only wanted to say that they can be ordered from Europe with much cost in P&P... well at least until my last order last year.

Offline Wilkins

• Scientist
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2013, 11:08:02 AM »
So happy I've just started a 28mm sci-fi project! These will definitely come in handy. Hopefully these will take off so we can see more. Would be really handy if you had a stockist this side of the water though.

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
  • There are hostile eye watching us from the arroyos
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2013, 11:35:44 AM »
 8)    ::) Just when I order 15 mm (aliens can be any size) this comes along.   lol  Sorry, "Bugs first"!   ;)

Gracias,

Glenn
Viva Alta California!  Las guerras de España,  Las guerras de las Américas,  Las guerras para la Libertad!