Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:10:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Go Forward Together- Perry Desert Rats- Updated 27.04.13  (Read 3124 times)

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
Go Forward Together- Perry Desert Rats- Updated 27.04.13
« on: April 23, 2013, 02:23:41 PM »
Hi,

A short time ago I painted up some of the test sprues for the Perry Desert Rats plastics that were planned for release for Salute. This I did and then it was really a case of waiting to see what Michael would do with the miniatures. I tend to base my miniatures in a vignette manner anyway but boy was I surprised when I saw the finished thing! A really great diorama put together with skill and a real appreciation of drama. Excellent stuff! Of course I wasn't at Salute so I've had to scrounge the pics thus far, I know George Moriatis is responsible for one, the Perry's for the add on their website, which leaves one that i just lifted out of someone's "Pics of Salute"- if you took the pic, please come forward and I'll mention you!

I'm expecting more pics very soon so I'll let you know when they are available which shouldn't be long so do please keep an eye out if you're interested in this sort of thing (pics on my blog, http://justaddwater-bedford.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/go-forward-together.html too):

Hope you enjoy the pics and don't forget there will be more soon!

Darrell.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 08:21:36 AM by Atheling »

Offline Remington

• Mastermind
  • Who? Where? Say what now?
    • The Doc's Diary
Re: Go Forward Together- Perry Miniatures Desert Rats
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013, 02:57:13 PM »
As mentioned before... your joint effort shown here is spectacular and frankly should be printed on their Desert Rats box or included as a leaflet! Absolutely first class!

I know you've mentioned this elsewhere, but I am certain the question will pop up, so here is how you've painted the infantry, from another topic in this Forum (that's right, I've copied and saved it, to unscrupulously use it when I have a go  ;D :D )

Quote from: Atheling
Uniform A- shirt and pants- (all Vallejo Model Color): Desert Yellow as a base. Iraqui Sand as a medium tone (vovering most of the Desert Yellow. Finally a highlight of Dark Sand. With this 'traid' of colour, I varied by adding a little dark grey to all the colours to darken some of the Khaki and a little Off White to lighten some. This gives you a nice variation.

Uniform B- as above- Foundry American Tan (A), Foundry American Tan (B) and finally Foundry American Tan (C). This will give you a different hue than that of the above. A word of warning- when using the Foundry WWII range apply the paint in very thin coats as it is very translucent and if applied too thickly it can blot out some detail.

Uniform C- as above- this is where I got a little experimental- German Pea Pattern (B), German Pea Pattern (C) with a highlight of German Pea Pattern (C) and Vallejo Off White. Don't add too much white!

Jumpers- Vallejo US Field Drab/English Uniform lightened in two more layers with Vallejo Flat Earth.

Webbing- this I left a little darker than it would have been in reality to create some kind of contrast to the uniform. Nothing wrong with a little artistic license. Vallejo German Cammo Beige Highlighted with Vallejo Off white in two more layers.

Anklets/Gaters- as above.

Socks- US Field Drab, highlighted with Flat Earth in two progressive layers.

Helmets- a mix of the Khaki's that I have described above.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 03:01:59 PM by Remington »

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2013, 03:56:44 PM »
As mentioned before... your joint effort shown here is spectacular and frankly should be printed on their Desert Rats box or included as a leaflet! Absolutely first class!

I know you've mentioned this elsewhere, but I am certain the question will pop up, so here is how you've painted the infantry, from another topic in this Forum (that's right, I've copied and saved it, to unscrupulously use it when I have a go  ;D :D )

Feel free!  :) I look forward to seeing them.

I found that the key to getting the Khaki 'right' was to vary it as much as possible whilst keeping in mind not to go over the top with it.

Darrell.

Offline grant

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2013, 11:31:57 PM »
Great diorama!
It’s a beautiful thing, the destruction of words - Orwell, 1984

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2013, 06:26:39 AM »
Thanks chaps and chapesses..... all very much appreciated  8)

There will be some more pics up later today.

Darrell.

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2013, 09:39:21 AM »
As promised here are a couple more pics. you can see more over on my Just Add Water Blog:

http://justaddwater-bedford.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/go-forward-together-again.html

Piccies:

Don't forget, there are more pics on my blog (link above).

Darrell.

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
Re: Go Forward Together- Perry Desert Rats- Updated 24.04.13
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2013, 08:21:15 AM »
More pics, this time courtesy of Blitzkrieg Miniatures (they produced the Valentine Tank that is featured in the pics and have plans to do more collaborative work with the Perry's):

And as quick plug for Blitzkrieg Miniatures goodies The Perry Miniatures Universal Carrier can be seen in the pic too):

Cheers,
Darrell.