Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:25:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691135
  • Total Topics: 118375
  • Online Today: 905
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Some New SCW & Inter-wars Decals and Flags  (Read 1805 times)

Offline Lluís of Minairons

• Scientist
    • Minairons miniatures
Some New SCW & Inter-wars Decals and Flags
« on: April 25, 2013, 06:53:03 PM »
We are pleased to announce the release of several new sets of decals and paper flags related to Spanish Civil War and the Inter-wars period (VBCW* included).

As for the paper flags, these are textured and scaled to 1:100. The first one consists of three Anarchist Militiae flags, while the second one includes the historical corps flags of the Spanish Foreign Legion between 1927 and 1938.

Regarding waterslide decals, we are happy to enlarge our list with two new 1:72 sets, those referred to our latest models in that scale --T-26 models A&B and Pz.Befehlswagen IB.

Finally, we have given a first try to SCW aircraft markings with a first, pretty short batch of two 1:144 designs intended for early war airplanes --Nieuport-Delage NiD-52 and Heinkel He-51.

After these latest news, our catalogue of flags and decals can be listed as follows:

1:72 scale

20GEC002 - waterslide decals - Panzer I ausf. A markings (German, KMT Chinese, Spanish Nationalist)
20GEC003 - paper flags - Spanish Republic Institutional flags (Spanish Republic, Basque & Catalan Governments)
20GEC004 - waterslide decals - Panzer I ausf. B markings (German, Hungarian, Spanish Nationalist & VBCW* BUF)
20GEC005 - waterslide decals - T-26 A & B markings (USSR, Finnish, Turkish & Spanish (both Republican & Nationalist)

(*) Very British Civil War (or VBCW in short) is a trademark of Solway Crafts and Miniatures,  used with their kind permission

1:100 scale

15GEC002 - waterslide decals - Panzer I ausf. A markings (German, KMT Chinese, Spanish Nationalist)
15GEC003 - paper flags - Spanish Republic Institutional flags (Spanish Republic, Basque & Catalan Governments)
15GEC901 - paper flags - Anarchist Militiae flags ("Roja y Negra" Column, CNT's "Castilla Libre", unknown British battalion)
15GEC902 - paper flags - Spanish Foreign Legion flags (1927 first flag re-used 1936-1938, 1931-1936 republican period, 1938 onwards)

1:144 scale

10GEC904 - waterslide decals - Nieuport-Delage NiD-52 Republican markings (suitable for other early aircrafts)
10GEC905 - waterslide decals - Heinkel He-51 Nationalist markings (suitable for other early aircrafts)

All these accessories above can already be acquired separately --even those initially included in our model kit sets.

Cheers,
Lluís
www.minairons.eu
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 09:33:37 PM by Lluís of Minairons »
"Nations that went down fighting rose again, but those who surrendered tamely were finished" - W. Churchill

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
  • Culpame de la Bossa Nova...
Re: Some New SCW & Inter-wars Decals and Flags
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2013, 08:17:50 PM »
Very nice Lluís! 

Can I ask you to 'edit' the swastikas on the second picture though please, we're hosted by a German site and displaying the 'image' is forbidden by law.

:)

• Scientist
    • Minairons miniatures
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2013, 09:19:34 PM »
You're right, I completely forgot it! My apologies for having included the finnish Hakarísti in one of the pictures  :'(

I've temporarily expurged the picture, while seeking some room to 'edit' it...

Thanks for the warning  :)

• Scientist
    • Minairons miniatures
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2013, 09:34:10 PM »
Edited!

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2013, 11:01:57 AM »
Thanks and you're welcome!  :)

It's one of the most common errors on here and very rarely an intentional act. It is very much a 'German thing' that the rest of us are largely unaware of... conceivably though its a big problem for the forum, so we have to act.

But anyway... SCW flags...  :)

Do you plan on extending this range, or are you sticking to a small range of generic ones?

My only complaint about other existing ranges of, largely quite excellent flags, is that unit titles are largely missing, except in the most obvious or popular cases, which if you are possessed with 10 thumbs like me, are really hard to paint on, especially as they usually curved round the crest or central symbol.

I don't know how commercially viable it would be to produce flag sets for specific groups of regiments or brigades, but it would be nice if I could buy sheets which covered, for example; '1 Brigada Mixta', or 'Columna Barrón', as opposed to generic 'Republican' or 'Nationalist' flags from a variety of fronts and formations on the same sheet.

Just my thoughts...  ;)

• Scientist
    • Minairons miniatures
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2013, 05:44:51 PM »
Do you plan on extending this range, or are you sticking to a small range of generic ones?

I don't know how commercially viable it would be to produce flag sets for specific groups of regiments or brigades, but it would be nice...

True, such was our plan, in spite that our first set both in 1:100 and 1:72 scales was certainly a generic one.

This first set comprised generic, institutional flags of the Spanish Republic, because its was designed for complimenting the resin model kit of the "Bilbao" armoured car. As very few of these vehicles fell in hands of any militia, but kept in those of "Guardia de Asalto" instead, it sounded more reasonable to provide the model with flags of the authorities at whose orders that police corps was.

Regardless, both newly released 1:100 sets are referred to particular corps or battalions; in the case of Anarchist Militiae, all three flags depicted are those of three different, historical units. Same for the Spanish Foreign Legion, were the flags shown are the corps' main ones. Similarly, our most likely next sets, will probably be devoted to the Communist "5º Regimiento" and specific Navarrese Carlist Militiae. And so on.

We'd love undefinitely expanding the series --but this will ultimately depend on gamers' acceptation, logically.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts,
Lluís
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 05:47:51 PM by Lluís of Minairons »

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2013, 06:01:41 PM »
It's to be expected that what you offer now should complement your own range of products, but it is good to know that you have future plans to extend this, should there be a market.

Hopefully I am not alone in this market.  :?

:)