Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:54:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686596
  • Total Topics: 118110
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Siciliy 1943 (WIP) UD 28/3 adding a Morris CS8 truck in German service  (Read 38629 times)

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures

Come on! WW2! Yay! Ignore the naysayers...  ;)

World Bore Two! ;)
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Online Silent Invader

• Galactic Brain
Thanks MODS (Captain Blood?) for merging the two threads. I have now recovered images to the first post and will be attending to more over the next few days. Fortunately I’d found a back up file of images where they shouldn’t have been.   ;D

World Bore Two! ;)

You wander back to your VSF!!  ;)  :D
My LAF Gallery is HERE
Minis (foot & mounted) finished in 2024 = 0
(2023 = 151; 2022 = 204; 2021 = 123; 2020 = ???)

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
Not me. Must’ve been Chris?  :)

World bore two indeed. Said the Mexican Martian Vampire dilettante!  lol

Online Silent Invader

• Galactic Brain
Not me. Must’ve been Chris?  :)

World bore two indeed. Said the Mexican Martian Vampire dilettante!  lol

In that case, thank you Chris   :)

Edit 6/3 I’ve added back all the missing images I could find
« Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 12:08:27 PM by Silent Invader »

Offline Shahbahraz

• Mastermind
    • A Lead Odyssey
Re: Siciliy 1943: project WIP
« Reply #169 on: March 08, 2019, 06:46:34 PM »
Just found this thread, love the creativity, those mods to the Perry figures are just superb. I love the fact you have managed to create something unique and very much your own.

All the best
Wargaming since the dark ages...

---https://aleadodyssey.blogspot.com/---

Online Silent Invader

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #170 on: March 08, 2019, 07:14:59 PM »
Thanks very much  :)

The interest has spurred me back into action and I’ve been working on the HG panzer grenadiers today. When they’re done (1) I’ll be able  to have a game and (2) will reward myself by making more British Airborne.  :D

Offline Shahbahraz

• Mastermind
    • A Lead Odyssey
« Reply #171 on: March 08, 2019, 08:50:50 PM »
Thanks very much  :)

The interest has spurred me back into action and I’ve been working on the HG panzer grenadiers today. When they’re done (1) I’ll be able  to have a game and (2) will reward myself by making more British Airborne.  :D

When you do, please share, I have been playing Chain of Command and loving it, but there is a lot of focus on Normandy and after, and I would like to see some attention paid to Sicily, Italy and other campaigns. In wargaming terms it's like the 14th army, but there is so much potential for gaming scenarios from Salerno to the Gothic Line (and beyond)

Online Silent Invader

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #172 on: March 08, 2019, 08:54:20 PM »
I will indeed share  :)

Offline Redmist1122

• Scientist
« Reply #173 on: March 21, 2019, 03:51:21 AM »
This is a very cool project!  I like the conversions and your ability to sculpt some gear.  I bet it took a long time to out fit a platoon with all that gear.  Good stuff!
Greg P.
Tucson, AZ, USA

Online Silent Invader

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #174 on: March 21, 2019, 06:26:31 AM »
Thanks. I can’t deny though that at times progress has been glacial  :D

I’m presently working on the Hermann Göring Panzergrenadiers, which have a mix of transports.

The project is subtitled ‘Airborne in Sicily’ (I realise the HG weren’t Airborne but the Luftwaffe connection will do  :D) so British Parachutists, a token of one each of RAF and USAF downed aircrew, and of course Fallschirmjäger will follow. I’ve also read reports of British Airborne bumping into misdropped US paras while I believe there were some Italian paratroopers attached to the Falschie. I expect it’ll be quite a while before they’re started let alone finished.  :)

Offline Poiter50

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #175 on: March 21, 2019, 06:42:47 AM »
Italian paratroopers attached to the Falschie - Love to read about that, do you have a reference? I happen to have a newly painted platoon of Itie Paras that are itching for some action and my Sicily Brit Paras arrived last week but need a fair bit of work including some heads with bare Brit helmets which are sadly lacking in production. Otherwise it will all be some with scrim and the rest in berets.

Thanks. I can’t deny though that at times progress has been glacial  :D

I’m presently working on the Hermann Göring Panzergrenadiers, which have a mix of transports.

The project is subtitled ‘Airborne in Sicily’ (I realise the HG weren’t Airborne but the Luftwaffe connection will do  :D) so British Parachutists, a token of one each of RAF and USAF downed aircrew, and of course Fallschirmjäger will follow. I’ve also read reports of British Airborne bumping into misdropped US paras while I believe there were some Italian paratroopers attached to the Falschie. I expect it’ll be quite a while before they’re started let alone finished.  :)
Cheers,
Poiter50

Online Silent Invader

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #176 on: March 21, 2019, 07:43:00 AM »
The attachment of the Italian paras to the German paras requires more research but here’s my starting point:

“Nembo appears again in Sicily, but only 185. Fought under German command, alongside German troops, arriving alongside the German paras (at least in the German lists). It remains under German command until the armistice, being part of the troops opposing the allied (Canadian mostly, as it was) advance.”

http://community.battlefront.com/topic/46945-nembo-parachute-division/

There are less informative references on Wikipedia (yes I know) etc but finding quality references has thus far been elusive.

Offline Poiter50

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #177 on: March 21, 2019, 07:48:12 AM »
Thank you.

The attachment of the Italian paras to the German paras requires more research but here’s my starting point:

“Nembo appears again in Sicily, but only 185. Fought under German command, alongside German troops, arriving alongside the German paras (at least in the German lists). It remains under German command until the armistice, being part of the troops opposing the allied (Canadian mostly, as it was) advance.”

http://community.battlefront.com/topic/46945-nembo-parachute-division/

There are less informative references on Wikipedia (yes I know) etc but finding quality references has thus far been elusive.

Online Silent Invader

• Galactic Brain
Re: Siciliy 1943 (WIP) UD 28/3 adding a Morris CS8 truck in German service
« Reply #178 on: March 30, 2019, 01:25:57 AM »
I’ve been cracking on with building the Hermann Göring Panzergrenadiers of which IIRC there are 33 (including 6 drivers), all transported in a soft vehicle convoy comprising of

Motorcycle/sidecar
Kettankrad with trailer
Kubelwagon
Morris CS8 truck
Steyr 1500 truck
Opel Blitz truck

I’ve yet to paint any of them but I have just finished assembling (bar a little GS, such as on the passenger’s left hip) the Morris, which represents a captured British truck recycled into German use. It is allocated to the 3 man 81mm mortar team.

The British driver is a very easy convert to German. Much more fiddly was adding the passenger who is assembled from about 10 parts. I’ll fix the cab roof in place after the crew are painted. Btw I also dropped the cab windows and shaved off the British 303 moulded to the driver’s side.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2019, 01:28:30 AM by Silent Invader »

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
Re: Siciliy 1943 (WIP) UD 28/3 adding a Morris CS8 truck in German service
« Reply #179 on: March 30, 2019, 04:19:01 PM »
Nice work, is it painted yet? ^__^