Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:45:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690962
  • Total Topics: 118359
  • Online Today: 705
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Dux Suecia/Dux Britanniarum AAR  (Read 1444 times)

Offline Dalauppror

• Mastermind
  • www.dalauppror.blogspot.com
    • Dalauppror Wargamingblog
Dux Suecia/Dux Britanniarum AAR
« on: April 29, 2013, 11:47:37 AM »
Here are a short teaste post about a AAR from a game of Dux Suecia i.e. migrating the TFL Dux Britanniarum to 15th centery Sweden and the Kalmar Union War, that we played about a month ago. You find the full AAR at my blog.

In the last game the Union forces managed to stop the Swedish rebells advance at Hedemora and they had to withdraw back to the region Dalarna for two month to gather new forces. In the mean time the Union forces started to besiege the Castle of Västerås that had shifted allegiance and was now in the hands of the rebells.

The Union influence was raised to 5 and I choose to use it to get the Commander and Cousin to the Archbishop, Erik Nilsson of the House of Oxenstierna apointed "Marsk", in english: Lord High Constable of Sweden.

In early December just befor the first snow the Rebells once again left the saftey of Dalarna and started to march to Västerås to lift the Siege...

BUT when approaching the village of Skultuna some kilometre outside of Västerås they run in to a big union forage party that was out to get their hands on the christmas food. This translated in to the Raiding a Village scenario in the rulebook:)

Swedish villagers try to save their cattle from the Union Knechts.

You find the full AAR at my blog

Best regards Michael

Offline Mister Rab

• Mastermind
  • in plumbum veritas
    • Rab's Geekly Digest
Re: Dux Suecia/Dux Britanniarum AAR
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2013, 12:05:37 PM »
Looks fabulous! I'm idly pondering adapting Dux Brit for fantasy gaming; what changes did you make for things like crossbows, handguns and cavalry?

Offline Dalauppror

• Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2013, 01:28:52 PM »
Looks fabulous! I'm idly pondering adapting Dux Brit for fantasy gaming; what changes did you make for things like crossbows, handguns and cavalry?

Thank you !

I didn´t make much changes.

We run the handgunners as skirmishers but a damage roll of 6 indikate 2 chock.

Crossbows and Bows are the same but we dont run them as Missile but as ordinary fighting men, but in our setting we dont have any full strenth missile unit as the Allmoge are mixed (only count 1D shooting for every second man) and the Knecht (Crossbow armed Cavalry) always are fielded mounted in groups of 4 but they may dissmount. If you field a 6 man bow/crossbow unit you might have to make some adjustment so they wont be as good in protection adn close combat as the similar units without the shooting option.

Cavalry/Knights we run as Heavy Cavalry per the rules.

I have made some extra fate cards to give a more Swedish feel for the game, for example the Cavalry we have Counte Charge.

Best regards Michael

Offline Mister Rab

• Mastermind
  • in plumbum veritas
    • Rab's Geekly Digest
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2013, 02:35:39 PM »
Thank you for replying so quickly, Michael.

I think the rules for mixed units and gunners sound really good. I'd been thinking about combat between two units of shock cavalry and a "Counter charge" card is perfect. I hope you'll consider it flattery if I incorporate those ideas into my own games?

Offline Dalauppror

• Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2013, 02:53:17 PM »
Thank you for replying so quickly, Michael.

I think the rules for mixed units and gunners sound really good. I'd been thinking about combat between two units of shock cavalry and a "Counter charge" card is perfect. I hope you'll consider it flattery if I incorporate those ideas into my own games?

Great !  Glad to be able to help out :)

Best regards Michael