Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:32:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686604
  • Total Topics: 118111
  • Online Today: 626
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Warlord Games' new hard plastic Romans  (Read 8746 times)

Offline BlackStatic

• Librarian
Warlord Games' new hard plastic Romans
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2008, 12:38:45 PM »

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2008, 12:55:11 PM »
Quote from: "BlackStatic"
There ya go Glutes

http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=139636

Fantastic! Just what I wanted - except now I'll be even closer to bankruptcy  :lol:
Apart from the Dixon [whose figures I just can't seem to take to] they are all close enough for me to use together. That Sash & Saber is a very nice figure - I reckon they would mix in the same units as Perrys.

I haven't checked TMP for a while, so should really have spotted that myself  :oops:

My excuse is, that like many others here, I've become disillusioned with TMP recently. I'll just have to sneak in for a quick recce every now and again - if a 14 stone 47 year old can sneak anywhere, that is!

Thanks, Blackstatic [I was going to abreviate it to BS, but thought better of it  :wink: ]

Offline BlackStatic

• Librarian
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2008, 12:58:42 PM »
Thanks, Blackstatic [I was going to abreviate it to BS, but thought better of it  ]

:lol:

I quite like dixon minis though they have their own kind of style, especially the old west ones.

EDIT: call me Sam :)

Offline Aaron

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2008, 01:10:42 PM »
I have a load of Sash and Saber figures, so it is good to know the Perry stuff will mix in. I don't think the kit is that off to be used for both sides, particularly if I buy two boxes and split the poses/kit accordingly.

As for the Sash and Saber stuff, it is very nice. I help Chris Hughes out at some shows in exchange for lead and I think he mentioned there were 700+ seperate figures in it now. It's nice to buy a pack of 40 troops and not get a single repeat!

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2008, 02:14:52 PM »
For some reason I've never really looked at S and S before - probably because I've only got a small ACW collection.

With their obvious compatibilty with Perry, I'll soon be remedying that situation.

Now, I must try & remember where I stashed "Brother Against Brother"....   :?

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2008, 07:35:54 PM »
Quote from: "matakishi"
So far all the plastics have been rubbish which is very, very annoying because they should have been great.
ok, now I feel much better, thank you  :)

Yeah, I picked up my free Roman with WI today, and he really is very slight indeed. Not 28mm by a long chalk. Maybe he is more in 'natural' proportion than the 28mm metal figures we have come to know and love (or hate - and I'm the first to deplore the extreme munchkin tendency of  certain manufacturers).

But seriously, when you look at the arms, legs and hands on this Roman, they are barely larger than the old Airfix polythene Romans...  :(

I do think the Perry's stuff looks a bit more in scale though. Certainly not much different to their 'slimline' LOTR stuff for GW. I remain tempted.

Offline Howard Whitehouse

• Scientist
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2008, 07:47:56 PM »
The Wargames Factory Romans will be out towards the end of May. I know that Tony and Tim had taken time to slim down the rather broad shoulders on them, which people had pointed out. Apparently you can do that with the new technology, which I understand little about.

They are designed to be in keeping with Artizan, Crusader and late Foundry in terms of height and style. No shrimps! H
I do all my own stunts

Offline Aaron

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2008, 12:23:36 PM »
I hope the WF Romans come out decently as I'd like to use them to supplement my Crusader legions. I've seen resin samples cut by Conjectural Technologies or whatever they call themselves (the guys I understand are doing the molds) and they were pretty bad. I'm hoping at least some of that was down to the medium.