Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:17:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Empire of the dead, getting started: First impressions  (Read 1548 times)

Offline thebinmann

• Galactic Brain
  • Can't paint but dreams...
Empire of the dead, getting started: First impressions
« on: May 12, 2013, 10:23:17 PM »
Hi

I'm trying to fit the painted minis I have now to play the game before I get the kickstarter goodies.

As usual for me with any new game I skimmed through the rules util I got to the faction creation section etc! I then tried to match some of my minis o the factions and will now go back to the rules and "play while I read", more or less. That is when I clear the gaming table... I must say I like the game and the influences mech in particular..

Any way I can't seem to find anything about two pistols, are you allowed to fire two ifferent pistols on the same action in the rules? I know combat is ok but I cant recall anything about standard missle combat. You see I have a model with two guns.... it also made me think about the wolfskin guy with two knives....

Any way if there's no official rule I'll probably go with -1 and -2 to hit and maybe move or shoot.

I was a touch disappointed with the WS rule for ties only, but hey ho....

Thanks

Offline Thunderchicken

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Amusingly clumsy.
Re: Empire of the dead, getting started: First impressions
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2013, 11:08:26 PM »
Yes, if a character is carrying two pistols they can both be fired as part of a single action so you'll roll one dice for each pistol. You've probably read it already but remember you cant spend both of your actions shooting so you can either move and move; shoot and move; move and shoot but never shoot and shoot.     
Don't!

Offline thebinmann

• Galactic Brain
  • Can't paint but dreams...
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2013, 11:19:09 PM »
Thanks TC

How does the fisticuffs wrk for you?

Offline Thunderchicken

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Amusingly clumsy.
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2013, 11:37:59 PM »
So far they've worked ok for me. Once you get your head around them (which doesnt take long) they flow quite well and make for some fun punch ups. Obviously when a Lycaon Beastmaster comes up against your average Bobbie its usually carnage but the mechanics of the rules (and a few lucky rolls) do allow for some salvation so it's never a done deal. Mamalute will back me up on that one, we had a game recently when one of my plebs gave Dracula a run for his money and almost got the better of him.     

Offline Brummie Thug

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Brummies Wargaming Blog
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2013, 02:09:45 PM »
I quite like the combat system, I find it quite amusing that when I shoot I wound quite easily yet in combat I always seem to fumble the dice and either fail to wound or roll low on the injury chart.... ;)