Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:35:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: We Made a new Wargaming Table Top For Fantasy Warriors! [pg 2 FINISHED photos]  (Read 10396 times)

Offline LotB

• Scientist
    • NARAN TEAM TURIN
Congratulations, you are great, you have done a magnificent job.
And double congratulations for doing so in order to play Fantasy Warriors!
Viva Fantasy Warriors!
I have seen that you have done a fantastic scenery with a castle.
We (Naran Team) for several years we have made an expansion of Fantasy Warriors for sieges. I'm sorry, but the text is only available in Italian.
Anyway, if anyone knows our language and perhaps with the help of Google Translator, the URL of the page on our website where you can free dowload it is this:

http://www.naran.it/FantasyWars/Assedi/Assedi.htm

Cheerrs,

Sergio
Naran Team Turin
http://www.naran.it/

P.S.: who won? The Orcs or the defenders of the fortress?

Offline Jevenkah

• Mad Scientist
  • Orcs will rule the world, if we're not careful
    • Sword and Sorcery RPG
Holy Mary Mother of God  :o :o You guys get it done quick. This is going to be huge and I was feeling good about my tiny little terrain piece I just put together. Excuse me while I go hang myself  :) :) :)

I love your natural bits terrain for your story! You mentioned us working under the lights; we do move quickly when we can devote undivided/too-late-at-night time to a project. That, and we're playing Saturday  :).

LOOKIN' GOOD! You achieved a nice mottled effect...it enhances the appearance of The Little Warriors TERRIFICALLY. AND there's something very cinematic & satisfying about storming up or charging down a hill. There's also something about them that appeals to the Military Mind...the "high ground" thingy or such; put a hill or two in the vicinity of two opposing Generals & they'll sent their Troops  off the fight over it. GREAT WORK!

Thank you! The funny thing is we are not the type of group to get nitpicky over who can attack who, probably because we have such great pieces to play with, but as soon as those Gautrians were looming over the orcs I was arguing for a high ground bonus. Of course wargaming, we'll need the tape measure.

Congratulations, you are great, you have done a magnificent job.
And double congratulations for doing so in order to play Fantasy Warriors!
Viva Fantasy Warriors!
I have seen that you have done a fantastic scenery with a castle.
We (Naran Team) for several years we have made an expansion of Fantasy Warriors for sieges. I'm sorry, but the text is only available in Italian.

Thanks very much for the compliments! I'm afraid I am the typical one-language American, HOWEVER, we happen to have as one of our junior players a 13 year old young lady who just placed 6th in the USA on the National Italian Contest Examination! She and her father will be playing Fantasy Warriors with us, so perhaps we will be able to use your rules after all.

I can't wait to get gaming!
Jevenkah

ps- if you're referring to the orc siege in my Bannermen Mod thread, the orcs won that one mightily.

Offline aggro84

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Noble Pursuits
I would love enough space for a huge gaming area like that.
The table top looks great!

:-*

Offline Jevenkah

• Mad Scientist
    • Sword and Sorcery RPG
Thanks very much aggro. We're super lucky to have a crew to play in this huge space with. Come Check out the table in its first official game night:
http://swordandsorceryrpg.com/sgk-39/

Total Blast! And a post about it to follow shortly.
Jevenkah
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 06:11:28 AM by Jevenkah »

Offline Suber

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Absolute admiration, can't say anything else.

Offline Doomhippie

• Scatterbrained Genius
Looking at the pics I was contemplating how absolutely cool it must be to grow up as a kid that surrounding. Is there a paradise for fantasy-loving kids? I guess your place is very close to that. Unbelievable!

I love this story driven gaming and just seeing all the things beside the table (not only the coffee pot ;)) but maps hanging on the wall etc. creates a wonderful atmosphere. Very nice!
Roky Erickson flies my spaceship!

Offline aggro84

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Noble Pursuits
Very nice!
Now you need some trees.
 :D

Offline southheaven

• Librarian
I so envy the space you have for your games and your cup holders, of course.

Nice set up you have got, but i agree with aggro84, some more trees would really enhance the table.
http://nftu.wordpress.com/ (german language)

Offline Jevenkah

• Mad Scientist
    • Sword and Sorcery RPG
Absolute admiration, can't say anything else.
Thank you Suber! That's a real boost!

Very nice!
Now you need some trees.
 :D

I so envy the space you have for your games and your cup holders, of course.

Nice set up you have got, but i agree with aggro84, some more trees would really enhance the table.

Thanks! The cup holders are from my scrapbooking days; they are also used to clamp down cardboard when we're crafting on the counter. Multi-purpose!

As for the trees, we only(!) have about a hundred on several different stands. We do have about a hundred more waiting to be made, but I think you can still imagine the 6 ft x 4 ft table will be a bit under-wooded for a while. The permanent table against the wall in the back which is 4 ft x 4 1/4 ft can be fitted out as a forest though.

This scenario was a fortress in a swamp, so some hillocks and lots of muddy, bloody ground. Any stunted little things that might have grown there were trampled by the besieging orc forces.

Looking at the pics I was contemplating how absolutely cool it must be to grow up as a kid that surrounding. Is there a paradise for fantasy-loving kids? I guess your place is very close to that. Unbelievable!

Thanks so much, Doomhippie! I don't want to speak for the kids, since they can do it themselves:

Our daughter (13) on the right, DMing her first game. I didn't get pix of our son (10) running his first game but here is his adventure outline:

Our daughter also has a crew of young teenagers, mostly girls, who play a parallel storyline up north in our campaign.

I love this story driven gaming and just seeing all the things beside the table (not only the coffee pot ;)) but maps hanging on the wall etc. creates a wonderful atmosphere. Very nice!

Thanks! This is one place where the 20+ years in the same world has its distinct advantage. All that we've done has added to the mix through the decades. When we couldn't model, we painted. When we couldn't paint, we mapped. When we couldn't do any of that we would walk in the woods and talk about the campaign.

The game has always ever been about the story. We tend to describe our campaign as acting out your favorite character from a book (or other media). I hardly ever mention the ruleset since we learned it to throw it out the window and roleplay. We actually use the Conan ruleset by Mongoose that was published under the d20 open license. We've found the combat flows so easily all we need are character cheat sheets when game night rolls around.

And we go through about 2 pots of coffee per adventure.  o_o

Thanks for all the encouragement folks, enjoy!
Jevenkah