Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:33:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686501
  • Total Topics: 118104
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Andreus Macus and the Temple of Poseidon! (7th Voyage Bat Rep)  (Read 3917 times)

Offline Andym

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
My brother and myself had our first game of 7th Voyage last night. I'm afraid the pics got WAY worse as the night progressed. As daylight faded my camera phone couldn't handle the Luminescent lights!!

The Temple of Poseidon. Andreus Macus and his heroic band of warriors have chased down the evil wizard to his make shift lair, with the intent purpose of making sure he can do no more wrong to the good people of Athens!

Unbeknownst to them, the wizard has employed the help of a terrible giant as his private bodyguard and they lie in wait of our brave heroes!......

Table set up....

Andreus Macus and co enter the stage from the rowing boat moored up on the river. The wizard and his huge bodyguard start up inbetween the columns of the temple.

Turn 1- the baddies win the initiative and the wizard activates using his 'leader' special effect to let the giant activate as well. Seeing the heros coming from the river he gathers his evil powers and summons skeletons from his reserve cast. On a D3 Colin rolls a 1, only one Skelton, who can't activate yet. The 'slow' Giant strides forward, shaking the very foundations of the temple!

On the heroes go, Andreus charges up to meet the giant in combat, but fails to cause a wound. On seeing their champion take on the ugly beast the rest of Andreus men run up.......only to decide 'feckus thatus, i'us ain't going anywhere that fearsome beasteus!!!' and run away to find another fight!! Only ONE of the heros men back him up!!

Turn2-seeing his troops pretty much adandon him(they'll be some docked wages after this!!), Andreus 'Seizes the Moment'(event card) and automatically gets the initiative. He hacks at the Giant and causes a wound. The rest of the 'cough' heroic 'cough' troops flank around the temple to try and get up the steep sides only to roll high on their difficult terrain dice and hardly budge!!!.

On the evil doers turn, the wizard activates and summons the rest of his undead horde(2 more skellies). Appearing above the already scarred flanking warriors. The existing skeleton uses its bow and kills the single warrior off to the left side of the ruins.

The Giant, with its 2 attacks, wounds Andreus, sending him flying back 2" and knocking him prone and with his 2nd attack thumps the only heroic warrior with his huge club, stunning him!

Turn3-Andreus wins the initiative. Seeing the Giant standing there menacingly, he charges back into combat, only to score NO wounds! Getting desparate, Bob the Camel is activated, comes up and kicks the Giant in the ankles causing one wound!!

The warriors left flanking the ruins on the right, only 2 can activate. One runs scared from the bag of bones warrior appearing above him, but the other steps up to fight but doesn't cause a wound. When the baddies go, the skeleton kills the warrior under him and the warrior running away runs into another skellie only to be stabbed through the gut and killed!

The wizard moves to get a better angle on Andreus and fires an Arcane Bolt but misses. The goodies are taking heavy losses, but good morale means they hold their ground!

Turn4- the baddies get the initiative,    but only manage to kill the last warrior. The wizard also turns himself invisible. On the goodies shot, Andreus finally brings the big beastie down to size.

This allows Bob the Camel, who's taken the hump with the skeleton bowman, to go and smash him to bone dust! Both sides are now at the point and start to think about leaving, but stay!

Turn5- the goodies,again,  get to go first and Andreus goes up and swipes thin air where the wizard used to be! Bob the Camel, now having a 2nd skellie to fight, can't cause damage this time round and on the baddies to go is killed!! The evil wizard cause Andreus another wound and which point he decides better 'run away and live to fight another day!'

Goodies-0 Baddies-1

Andreus and Bob the Camel will return in another episode in the near future!

« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 10:09:42 AM by Andym »

Offline Suber

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Andreus Macus and the Temple of Poseidon! (7th Voyage Bat Rep)
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 10:11:19 AM »
Looks really enjoyable and fun!

Offline Jevenkah

• Mad Scientist
  • Orcs will rule the world, if we're not careful
    • Sword and Sorcery RPG
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2013, 02:10:39 PM »
I'm so glad to hear the Bob the Camel will be back in action. He had more guts than those "heroic" warriors.

Looks like a fun time. That board is fantastic in action! You have wonderfully painted minis on it too.

Jevenkah

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2013, 04:01:14 PM »
GREAT Report with WONDERFUL photos of BEAUTIFULLY DONE minis & terrain...I rather liked it all!

In his Disc World novel, Pyramids, Terry Pratchett espouses the theory that camels just take the names of whatever people most often call them. The Camel in the story is named "You Bastard, You!".
I'd NEVER join a club that would have me as a member.  G.Marx

Offline Imp522

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2013, 04:45:49 PM »
looks like a fun game. Really like the board.

Offline uti long smile

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2013, 05:14:56 PM »
Brilliant stuff. Bob's my hero!
Something Crooked this way comes...
http://www.crooked-dice.co.uk/
Wargaming in the world of Cult TV

Offline Slayer

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2013, 05:06:09 AM »
very nice AAR, so what did you think of the rules (I know you've only had the 1 game)
the early bird may get the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese

Offline Andym

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2013, 06:11:06 AM »
Good fun! If you've played 7TV, you know what your in for. The rule book is methodically laid out, stylish and very easy to use. The CD boys tend to run around the country to all the games days, it's worth getting a wee play test game if they can fit you in....

Offline Driscoles

• The Dude
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2013, 06:21:31 AM »
Ray would be proud of you. This looks really good. Thanks for posting the report and pictures.
, ,

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2013, 06:36:16 AM »
Brill stuff mate  8)

Bob the camel... Gotta love it  lol

cheers

James
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline Doomhippie

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2013, 09:02:39 PM »
I actually find those dark photos really cool. Looks like a lot of fun. The models certainly are painted up wunderfully and the table looks just great.
Roky Erickson flies my spaceship!

Offline Dewbakuk

• Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2013, 07:24:36 AM »
Very nice, everyone who's ever played Warhammer knows that mounts are more deadly than riders :)

Quick question, would the game handle a GM style game with players being the 'good guys'? I have this urge to run some small Sinbad style adventures in linked scenarios.
So many projects..... so little time.......

Offline uti long smile

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2013, 07:41:53 AM »
Very nice, everyone who's ever played Warhammer knows that mounts are more deadly than riders :)

Quick question, would the game handle a GM style game with players being the 'good guys'? I have this urge to run some small Sinbad style adventures in linked scenarios.

Obviously I'm a bit biased, but absolutely. The system has been described as RPG lite (in fact a friend is running a 7TV RPG game today) and it would easy to work with as is.

Offline Andym

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2013, 07:46:00 AM »
How do you get round the activation rules? Surely that's a BIG part of the game?