Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:25:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690842
  • Total Topics: 118356
  • Online Today: 861
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: INEPTT AAR - Another New One  (Read 2697 times)

Offline Shawnt63

• Scientist
  • If we don't end war, war will end us.
INEPTT AAR - Another New One
« on: May 21, 2013, 02:39:44 AM »
Lets recap a couple before we move on. INEPTT - International Extraterrestrial and Paranormal Tactical Team - is a skirmish game allowing the players to face up against both Alien and Paranormal creatures. The game normally consists of INEPT Teams of 4 to 8 agents with as many as 5 INEPT Teams in the field at one time. INEPTT also can receive "Allies" to help them. I have given AAR's for various Aliens and even a Mummy (with a bunch of Zombies) and now we have our next bad guy "Werewolves"

Pre-Action media release.
(Rueters) The tiny Island of Tulagi (in the Solomon Island Chain) has reported bright lights being seen for several nights in a row. The Mayor of the small town there has reported a number of islanders have gone "missing". More worrisome is that some of the missing islanders have been reported as being seen again a couple of days after their disappearance but they are wild looking and run off into the dense jungle before anyone can talk to them. With a population of less than 2000 on the entire island the Mayor is indeed troubled.

Tulagi is a wonder tiny atoll covered mostly by a very dense jungle that is broken up by small fast running rivers. The island really consists of 1 small town - the capital (also named Tulagi), a small docking facility on the south end of the island that is really only for local traffic and then rest is small tribal enclaves usually consisting of small families. There is an old airport that was built during world war two that is used for the weekly transport aircraft that brings in any big items to the island. There was once a main road that the Japanese built to allow trafffic to move from one side of the island to the other, but this is mainly overgrown today. We can only hope that the people of Tulagi are going to be alright and that the bright lights signal nothing more than a celestial occurence!

INEPTT HQ Chicago Illinois

Flash Message to INEPTT OPERATIONS

Distrubances in Tulagi confirmed as UFO activity. Initial signs are experimentation but this needs to be confirmed.
INEPTT Teams to be dispatched ASAP - Enemy force is light but VERY dangerous as this is likely Genetic experimentation.

Mission - Capture and/or Kill any XRAYS
Capture or kill any Genetic experiments

Proceed with Great Caution as we really don't know what is there!

Three INEPTT Team were dispatched from various points - two came in by a Starlifter, the other was landed at the Tulagi docking facility by assault craft from the USS Bataan.

The teams went to work immediately trying to find out what exactly went on over the past week on the small island of Tulagi.

Tulagi docking facilities - not the old WW2 Machine gun bunker to the right.

Movement in the area was difficult due to the dense terrain and the limited pathways cut through the jungle.
Bravo 1 Alpha and Bravo 1 Charlie teams landed and the airport and moved quickly in the town of Tulagi to calm the citizens and get some information as well.

Bravo 1 Bravo, landing at the docks, were the closest to the reported spots of missing citizens so they hired an interpreter and moved off to find one of the tribal enclaves in the jungle.

The tribal folks were not willing to come out and show INEPTT the spot of the disappearances of one of their family but gave pretty good directions on how to get there.
B1B sent one of their assaulters by dugout canoe down one of the river courses to see if he could spot an area alledged to have the carcasses of a dozen warthogs.
Local intelligence was painting a picture of a predatory beast that went on 2 or 4 feet, stood nearly 9 feet tall and weighed in at 4 to 5 hundred pounds. The largest predator Tulagi had was a form of Jaguar that was less than 100 pounds so every one was scared and they kept saying something in a broken form of English or French that sounded like wild wolf.

B1A and B1C cleared the town (B1A on the back of an M2 Abrams tank that came in the Starlifter), while B1C set up a sniper team on the tallest building in Tulagi and the rest of the team moved into the island heart land in a commandeered Drummer vehicle.

As darkness fell the B1B assaulter on the river reported a large object on his motion sensor and then contact was lost!
B1A commander ordered the launch of a guardian (a remote surveillance system). Guardian quickly gave visual indication that the assaulter from B1B team was dead and his dugout was sinking in the river.

The remainder of B1B team moved toward the river where their team member had been killed and out of the jungle emerged a huge Werewolf!

The creature burst from the dense jungle and tore apart one of the assaulters, in a panic a second team member fired off a burst that killed their interpreter.

B1A commander ordered a second guardian launch and this one revealed a space craft (UFO nestled in the jungle!

The commander ordered the M2 to fire the main ordenance at the craft - unfortunately there was a force field protection the UFO and the shot did nothing.

In the mean time B1C group in the Drummer was attacked by yet another Werewolf but the creature failed to do any damage to the Drummor or its passengers.

Fire from B1B caused a good number of hits on the Werewolf that attacked them but they couldn't seem to kill it. The same held true for B1A.

Mayhem ensued for the next twenty to thirty minutes as INEPTT blazed away with everything they had at the two Werewolves but were unable to kill either one. Until the creature that attacked B1A team killed one of the members and was finally brought down with a hail of bullets. The creature was then loaded on the back of the M2 tank but as the team drew back towards the village of Tulagi the creature bounded off the tank and into the jungle!

The INEPT Teams retreated to lick their wounds and figure out what the heck was going on. They had two of their own dead to investigate and they did so immediately. Reports back through Eye in the Sky comms left little doubt that the teams were in jeopardy as were everyone on the island. These creatures were likely able to destroy all the INEPT Teams on the ground without further assistance. INTEL dicated that Red Hammer Protocol should be used. (Massive Ordenance Air Burst bomb). All civilians were evacuated to Tulagi and the MOAB was put into use to destroy the jungle (and hopefully the Werewolves). An hour prior to the launch of the MOAB the space craft lifted off and headed into the sky.

Red Hammer Protocol seems to have been effective as there have been no reported issues with missing people on Tulagi, nor have any of the missing been reported as running wildly through the burnt out jungle.

Hopefully an end to this menace.

Footnote - INEPTT scientists and weapons developers are looking at the DNA thread that caused the Werewolf to function - a Silver nitrate round is being developed to fit standard INEPTT weapons systems. Seems the silver disrupts and then destroys the DNA thread. Not an instant kill but it will stop a Werewolf from self healing - which means they will now be vulnerable!

To join INEPTT Yahoo Group email me at - inep-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
or visit the site here - https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/INEP/info

Offline Predatorpt

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Sci-Fi blog - Task Force Thor
Re: INEPTT AAR - Another New One
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2013, 02:58:17 AM »
Can't help noticing that this the first time we get to know what those INEPTT initials stand for! ;)

Another great battle report, but hey...that Drummer needs a new coat of paint  ;D

Keep up the good work!

Offline Shawnt63

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2013, 03:47:05 PM »
Thanks Pred, I am still building my vehicle force pool. I have 8 die-cast coming in this week - got my T80 painted and need to finish the M2, Drummer and Jackal. Waiting for some UFO's from Demo-laser cuts (ones that I had Steven build on my request - so hope to have those up soon as well!

Offline Predatorpt

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2013, 04:47:34 PM »
Laser-cut UFOs? That sounds awesome  ;)

Offline Machinegunkelly

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2013, 06:37:44 PM »
A very good AAR as usual. It was great fun reading.

I love the idea of laser cut UFOs.  :)

Offline Shawnt63

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2013, 07:11:40 PM »
Here is the Colony Ship he is building me:

I am getting two of these for any large scale invasions :)

Offline Machinegunkelly

• Scientist
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2013, 07:20:05 PM »
Those look great Shawnt. I might just be interested to pick one of them up.

Offline Shawnt63

• Scientist
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2013, 07:49:12 PM »
I will let Steven know MGK - you will note there are two levels to the Colony ship - meant to hold about 20 to 30 Xrays :D, and/or 4 constructs

Offline Machinegunkelly

• Scientist
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2013, 08:20:11 PM »
Hush! Donīt tell your players how many enemies they are likely to meet. ;)

Offline Predatorpt

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2013, 02:07:36 AM »
With a couple of windows that colony ship could also be a great building ;)

Offline Shawnt63

• Scientist
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2013, 04:44:18 AM »
LOL yes it could be indeed :) Got a couple more pics from Steven, he is going to get the two ships to me this week :)

Offline Shawnt63

• Scientist
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2013, 07:58:58 PM »
Yeeehaaa - my colony ships are on their way!