Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:38:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689611
  • Total Topics: 118286
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Anyone looking at Guardians Chronicles?  (Read 23092 times)

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
Anyone looking at Guardians Chronicles?
« on: May 15, 2013, 10:16:16 PM »
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iello/guardians-chronicles

The only game I have from iello is King of Tokyo, which I like a lot, but it isn't really the same genre or style. I've looked through the pledges and components for Guardians Chronicles, and think that it looks decent. Not amazing, just decent.

The pledge levels and hero add-ons seems to be pretty expensive, and last I checked there wasn't an actual game play video yet. At least not a good one.

Has anyone else looked at this? What were/are your impressions of the game and campaign? I'm curious to hear what other folks' opinions are.
obsidian3d
www.o2media.ca

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Anyone looking at Guardians Chronicles?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2013, 11:13:14 PM »
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iello/guardians-chronicles

The only game I have from iello is King of Tokyo, which I like a lot, but it isn't really the same genre or style. I've looked through the pledges and components for Guardians Chronicles, and think that it looks decent. Not amazing, just decent.

The pledge levels and hero add-ons seems to be pretty expensive, and last I checked there wasn't an actual game play video yet. At least not a good one.

Has anyone else looked at this? What were/are your impressions of the game and campaign? I'm curious to hear what other folks' opinions are.
It isn't that expensive, but not compared to other stuff. Robotech is breaking the bank for many people. Me included. I am watching this one and may jump on the wagon  but it will be later on once I know my cash is there. I want to have money where my mouth is.  lol
Check out my blogs!

Warhammer 40k, Fantasy and more!: http://armyoftheweek.blogspot.com

Warhammer Historicals: Legends of the High Seas and Old West, Gladiator: http://diceoflegends.blogspot.com/

Strange Aeons: http://strangeraeonsadventures.blogspot.com

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2013, 05:56:15 PM »
Looks like they're going to hit their funding pretty soon. They also cleaned up their pledge descriptions so it's easier to see what you get in each one.

I pledged on this one at "Villains Strike Back" level. I like the overall style of the game and figures. Even if the game isn't that great, I think I can make use of all the components, either with Zombicide or even Sedition Wars to mix in the tiles and traps and stuff.

If you want to check it out here's the link http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iello/guardians-chronicles
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 06:09:44 PM by obsidian3d »

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2013, 06:32:37 PM »
I have to sell some stuff first before I can pledge. The wife is already unhappy with the Robotech KS and amount spent...she isn't going to be happier when I try to sneak a MAC II and Armored VT unit in...once I sell some stuff...

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2013, 08:11:18 PM »
Haha no doubt. I'm still ogling the Deadzone campaign...and I just don't need more games or figures. But...oh how I want them!

At least w/ a superhero game I know I can get some folks to play. Other themes are much more difficult among my group. Now that Guardians Chronicles has hit their funding I hope that they'll start busting through stretches so I can get more plastic/resin goodies. :D

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2013, 08:31:01 PM »
Haha no doubt. I'm still ogling the Deadzone campaign...and I just don't need more games or figures. But...oh how I want them!

At least w/ a superhero game I know I can get some folks to play. Other themes are much more difficult among my group. Now that Guardians Chronicles has hit their funding I hope that they'll start busting through stretches so I can get more plastic/resin goodies. :D

I can see perhaps getting my wife to play Guardians Chronicles...at least if anything an eve with the guys eating pizza and soda throwing some dice.

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2013, 08:11:57 PM »
I'm surprised that there aren't a few more people on the boards looking at this. On the other hand though, the superhero section is probably one of the quieter ones in here.

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2013, 08:37:41 PM »
I'm surprised that there aren't a few more people on the boards looking at this. On the other hand though, the superhero section is probably one of the quieter ones in here.

It is. I also suspect there are a great deal of lurkers and frankly this is a bad month with so many good KS up against one another. Robotech, Crossover, Zombiecide II (just ended) just to name a few, there are others out there soaking up expendable income. The problem is people have only so much so in the end something gets the shaft which sucks.

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2013, 10:31:43 PM »
Cash isn't the only problem with all these campaigns. After you pay for it and it finally arrives you have to find the time to prep and build the models, prime them, paint them...gah, who has that kind of time?! :)

It's still fun being part of the journey for the campaign, and I do hope this game will hit quite a few more goals.

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2013, 11:20:38 PM »
Cash isn't the only problem with all these campaigns. After you pay for it and it finally arrives you have to find the time to prep and build the models, prime them, paint them...gah, who has that kind of time?! :)

It's still fun being part of the journey for the campaign, and I do hope this game will hit quite a few more goals.

If I get this and the figures are 28mm range, then I will b double happy!

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2013, 11:31:46 PM »
I asked about the scale before I pledged. They're in the 28-32mm range.

Offline muncehead

• Librarian
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2013, 09:36:38 AM »
Those sculpts look great - here's hoping they do a sculpts only pledge level.
Have fun storming the castle! ...and that really isn't me you know...

Gothic Project: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=55943.0 - although on pause atm as too much RL stuff getting in the way.

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2013, 04:33:08 PM »
Wouldn't hurt to ask, they've been very accommodating to feedback.

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2013, 05:43:40 PM »
Wouldn't hurt to ask, they've been very accommodating to feedback.

I agree they unlike other KS seem to care about the feedback as they changed their whole pledge aspect because of some suggestions. I respect that.

Just have to find money now (aks sell crap on ebay) to buy this and the Crossover KS. I was in one other one but I already dropped out to consolidate my interests.

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2013, 11:24:22 PM »
I'm in on the deadzone one which looks like gangbusters. I might even up my pledge. I do hope people will keep joining for Guardians. The more stretches we hit the better deal each of the pledges is.

The crossover one looks good and I've been in contact with Rusti. Still haven't decided if I'll jump in on it yet, but their figures do look good too.