Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 08:29:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689498
  • Total Topics: 118281
  • Online Today: 568
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Anyone looking at Guardians Chronicles?  (Read 23085 times)

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Anyone looking at Guardians Chronicles?
« Reply #90 on: May 06, 2014, 06:23:11 PM »
Wait, what?! You never actually asked for a refund and they dumped you? While I can imagine you're happy getting off the nightmare train, that doesn't exactly support their claims of 'high ethical standards' if you ask me.

"Boss, that guy complained about our stuff. You know, the game that we produced on the cheap so Red Joker could have lots of money left to buy a house and start his own company with?"

"Huh, give him a refund from the lunch fund and make him go away."

"But, boss, he hasn't actually asked for a refund. He only said he didn't like what we were doing."

"F**k him, give him his money back so he's no longer a backer. Non-backers don't have a voice."

"Ok boss. Consider it done."

Two things from terms of service:
* Kickstarter does not offer refunds. A Project Creator is not required to grant a Backer’s request for a refund unless the Project Creator is unable or unwilling to fulfill the reward.

* Project Creators may cancel or refund a Backer’s pledge at any time and for any reason, and if they do so, are not required to fulfill the reward.

They could say they are reducing hostile comments or negative comments about the KS if they had to justify it. Which they don't. The second bullet gives them the right to pull anyone.

I was a bit rude, but rightly so after being ignored with the others by Iello. I did say I am or was going to ask for a refund, some of my comments had me on the fence waiting to see if they could clean up their crap. I did tell them that both the dice and figures looked like S*** and not what was shown or promised.  I did encourage people to consider going to the BBB, Consider Small claims or class action among other things if Iello can't get their act right. I was researching KS guidelines looking for some means to get out of the KS if I wanted to and justify it.  

In any case, while they try to say they are a professional company that has produced several games with high ethical standards.
They are not either high in ethics or professional.

A professional would have had a game plan on how to handle, even a rough draft. Over and over, we got the same jive crap that they are working on things. They had no guesses on dates or estimates for a timeline. I work in contracts and deal with construction, they give estimates and timelines. If you have to adjust those estimates you do so....things happen and the unexpected crops up. Iello just drops the ball and says nothing but yea, we are fixing it. They are not saying clear goals or anything.

They attempted to cut corners and produce shoddy products with printed dice (instead of carved) and 3d imaged game figures instead of the quality figures they promised. They showed the dice and was hit with negative comments. They showed the figures and the same happened. Then they act shocked and didn't  utter a word that they changed these things.

They have horrible communication and their management sucks and it shows....even Robotech that has been delayed has at least been able to pony up things and give some feedback, but they are also been around longer (Palladium) Since this year, we saw only the dice and maybe some artwork along with the badly done figs....this is all within a year's time. Bad project management.

So yea, I am glad they refunded me. I can move on now and I will never invest in Iello's stuff again. They lost a customer and I am sure many others. They are going to cut the negative commentors away and leave the quiet ones and the cheerleaders they may still have to make their project look like it is all rainbows and flying ponies with candy flowers everywhere....
Check out my blogs!

Warhammer 40k, Fantasy and more!: http://armyoftheweek.blogspot.com

Warhammer Historicals: Legends of the High Seas and Old West, Gladiator: http://diceoflegends.blogspot.com/

Strange Aeons: http://strangeraeonsadventures.blogspot.com

Offline CptJake

• Mastermind
  • Hooah!
« Reply #91 on: May 06, 2014, 06:38:03 PM »
Every time a bad person dies, a Paratrooper gets his wings.

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
« Reply #92 on: May 06, 2014, 06:47:24 PM »
What's your KS name CptJake? I'll post on the comments that you also were refunded.
obsidian3d
www.o2media.ca

Offline CptJake

• Mastermind
  • Hooah!
« Reply #93 on: May 06, 2014, 06:57:31 PM »
Jake Rose is my KS name.   

Send Iello my love.

;)

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #94 on: May 06, 2014, 06:59:05 PM »
What's your KS name CptJake? I'll post on the comments that you also were refunded.

Oh you should mention I never contacted them for an official refund...that would hack off some people!

Now what to spend my $ on?
Crossover is having a 15% off, I do need some Minions
Mega Mats are on sale at Table War - $102 with shipping for me....high on my list of wants..
Bob is dropping out lots of French WW2 vehicles on Bolt Action Net
Crusader has tasty Calvary I want for WW2 french
Gorgon just did French Foreign Legion in coats....

Oh the choices!

Offline rollntider

• Scientist
« Reply #95 on: May 06, 2014, 07:30:23 PM »
got my refund also.

I will back off of Iello. I dount I will get my pledge manager funds. It was $15, I don't really care at this point. I wanted my 185 back. I bought some cryx for warmachine and will sit back and maybe get some crossover dudes. With whats left over I will upgrade my pulp city pledge and get another faction :)

Offline wellender

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #96 on: May 06, 2014, 07:34:35 PM »
I guess I need to start getting a little more vocal over there.

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #97 on: May 06, 2014, 07:56:28 PM »
got my refund also.

I will back off of Iello. I dount I will get my pledge manager funds. It was $15, I don't really care at this point. I wanted my 185 back. I bought some cryx for warmachine and will sit back and maybe get some crossover dudes. With whats left over I will upgrade my pulp city pledge and get another faction :)

Yours showed on your account? Wife said it was not showing yet on mine.

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
« Reply #98 on: May 06, 2014, 08:59:28 PM »
So yea, I am glad they refunded me. I can move on now and I will never invest in Iello's stuff again. They lost a customer and I am sure many others. They are going to cut the negative commentors away and leave the quiet ones and the cheerleaders they may still have to make their project look like it is all rainbows and flying ponies with candy flowers everywhere....

I agree with everything you said, but I wanted to point out that not everyone who is staying with the project is going to play the role of cheerleader. I've decided to stay and have not asked for a refund (I've actually said I don't want one). The main reason I've chosen to stay is so that I can continue to ask questions about what they're saying and doing. Not that that seems to be much of anything lately...or maybe ever.

However, I'm definitely swearing off Iello's products based on this experience and will be sharing it with everyone I can.

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #99 on: May 06, 2014, 09:34:24 PM »
I agree with everything you said, but I wanted to point out that not everyone who is staying with the project is going to play the role of cheerleader. I've decided to stay and have not asked for a refund (I've actually said I don't want one). The main reason I've chosen to stay is so that I can continue to ask questions about what they're saying and doing. Not that that seems to be much of anything lately...or maybe ever.

However, I'm definitely swearing off Iello's products based on this experience and will be sharing it with everyone I can.

Heh, at least until you get too vocal and the IGB (Iello's KGB) sends you a refund.  lol
"Dis one has spoken out too often..."
"Silence him..."
*REFUND*

Offline rollntider

• Scientist
« Reply #100 on: May 07, 2014, 01:10:45 AM »
Yours showed on your account? Wife said it was not showing yet on mine.

I logged into amazon payments and it shows there. I contacted and spoke with an amazon lady on the phone and she sees the money, she said it would take 3-4 days to clear.

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #101 on: May 07, 2014, 05:31:29 PM »
Wow, still reading the comments on GC....wow....it is like a second wave of refund requests! So, they are using the refund clause to refund without reason to get negative comments off their page....even if they deserve them and need to be told what they are doing is bad decisions and what they are showing of late is crap. Now I am the fly on the wall..... lol

Offline CptJake

• Mastermind
  • Hooah!
« Reply #102 on: May 07, 2014, 05:41:05 PM »
The even took a guy off of their other project (Zombie 15) for having the audacity to ask why they took him off of this one.

Not the sign of a good company at all.   Amazing really that they are letting this spiral out of control the way they are, and contributing to the spiral with their childish behavior.

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #103 on: May 07, 2014, 05:58:00 PM »
The even took a guy off of their other project (Zombie 15) for having the audacity to ask why they took him off of this one.

Not the sign of a good company at all.   Amazing really that they are letting this spiral out of control the way they are, and contributing to the spiral with their childish behavior.

Well, asking on another KS was bad form there on his part.....I can't blame them for doing that, granted it is rather extreme on their part. He should have sent a direct message at that time and asked.

Iello has really done a number on their company rep....they are just attempting to salvage what they can and quiet things down now. *shrug* To me it is like watching Nascar and you know a wreck is about to happen, you can't do anything other than watch.

Offline CptJake

• Mastermind
  • Hooah!
« Reply #104 on: May 07, 2014, 06:13:47 PM »
In his defense, they ignore you if you contact them privately.   They only way to get them to address you is if you address them on a public forum.  They've taught and enforced that lesson, now they can reap the rewards of it.