Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:05:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690853
  • Total Topics: 118356
  • Online Today: 861
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: League of Extraordinary Kriegspielers: Baku  (Read 10038 times)

Offline Captaingeneral

• Scientist
  • BLOCKBUSTER
    • http://captaingeneral.co.uk
Baku
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2008, 11:07:01 AM »
:love:  :love:
WOW this this truly splendid, it's just the kind of game that our little group in the West Country aspire to.
Thanks awfully for sharing, I particularly like the first photo, very moody :o

I'd be interested to know if its all your collection, do you game any other periods or concentrate on one?
Being a wargames butterfly I end up doing loads of periods badly as opposed to One excellently :roll:

Salutations
CG
As the vulture flutters down,
The snake sheds it\'s dove,
Willem\'s cutting off his fingers,
So they\'ll fit into the glove.... http://captaingeneral.co.uk

Offline Ignatieff

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Baku
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2008, 12:02:31 PM »
Quote from: "Captaingeneral"
:love:  :love:
WOW this this truly splendid, it's just the kind of game that our little group in the West Country aspire to.
Thanks awfully for sharing, I particularly like the first photo, very moody :o

I'd be interested to know if its all your collection, do you game any other periods or concentrate on one?
Being a wargames butterfly I end up doing loads of periods badly as opposed to One excellently :roll:

Salutations
CG

CG

98% my stuff, figures, vehicles and terrain.  I havent counted the figs, but there must be clsoe on 2,000.  I game most periods, but time means I need to concentrate.  I've got an old 15mm Napoleonic collection that nevers gets used, a big 28mm Thirty Years War collection (Spanish/Imperialist/French) that occasionally gets used, and my son is made on WWII.  I guess this is my main thing now, by a long mile.  Like you I've found it hard to concentrate over the years, but this has done it for me.  6 solid years of collecting (and spending), and still at it.  Currently converting an excellent Company 'B' Sutton Skunk into a machine gun carrier.....ah the madness, the madness

Ignatieff
"...and as always, we are dealing with strange forces far beyond our comprehension...."

All limitations are self imposed.  Work hard and dream big.

Offline marianas_gamer

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Our Man on Guam Watchman in the East
League of Extraordinary Kriegspielers: Baku
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2008, 01:28:58 PM »
.....But such wonderful madness!!!
Got to kick at the darkness till it bleeds daylight.

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2008, 01:32:11 PM »
I am begining to think that Ingnatieff is the anthropomorphic personification of the ultimate wargamer; the ideal we all aspire to be but cannot reach because he is not real. :)

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2008, 01:58:09 PM »
I've uploaded the rules, Ignatieff have sent me. Thanks!

his comment:

"There are the latest rendition of the rules (V 3.5 from Feb 2008), playsheets to go with them that should be printed on card, plus vehicle stats.  The most controversial part of the rules will undoubedly be the card system.  I took some convincing to incorporate this, but it does work well, and allows you to write cards that are relevent to the scenario.  Before that we used small numbered chitties, but these took away from the aesthetic of the game.  The rules dont cover everything, and are designed to played in the spirit of 'Kriegspieling', hence the name of our group.  If in doubt, throw a D6.

Anyway, very open to suggested improvements as long as they are simple, use only D6 and enhance the game."

http://www.backofbeyond.de/kriegspieler/Setting_the_East_Ablaze_-_Rules_V3_5.pdf

http://www.backofbeyond.de/kriegspieler/Setting_the_East_Ablaze_-_Play_Sheets_V3_5.pdf

http://www.backofbeyond.de/kriegspieler/Setting_the_East_Ablaze_-_tank_&_AC_stats.pdf

Offline Bullshott

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • I need a bigger hammer
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/27772452@N07/sets/
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2008, 02:39:40 PM »
Interesting set of rules. I would love to see some examples of event & chance cards. Also how is the chance card deck made up (numbers of good/bad/blank cards)?
Sir Henry Bullshott, Keeper of Ancient Knowledge

Offline Ignatieff

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2008, 08:35:53 PM »
Re cards, its upto to you.  A good general rule is there shouldnt be more than half the number of chance/event cards as there are unit cards, otherwise its a lottery (though some fun games benefit from this).  Event cards are purely driven by the game objectives, so for instance in 'Smirnoff's Gold' they were triggered by searching possible treasure locations. One was the real treasure, the others varied from the dangerous ("you trigger a massive booby trap bomb, throw 1D6 for casualties"), to the mundane ("you discover a full set of railway engineer tools" though this was relevant as the armoured train wouldnt start without them), to the downright silly ("you discover a full set of Nelson Edddie records").  Upto you in the end. Chance cards were the full range of 'board game' options, e.g.  "low ammo, -1 on all shooting", "take a morale test", "uncontrolled advance for 1D6-2", etc, etc.

The guiding thought behind the cards was to introduce sufficent chance into the game and to minimise 'gaming' and too many overly structured attacks/defences.  It does work, but requires a bit of prep.  However, as always, would love to hear of better ideas that stay as simple and entertaining.

chin chin

Ignatieff

Offline tsar1701

• LPL Silver Medalist (S3), Bronze Medalist (S8)
  • Scientist
    • tsar's universe (in french)
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2008, 10:27:04 PM »
to late to add something more than all was writted.

so I just can say  :D  :o  :love:   :D  :o  :love: :D  :o  :love: :D  :o  :love:

great great stuff !!!
N.V.C. (Never Victorious Chris)

Offline Leapsnbounds

• Mad Scientist
Back to Baku
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2008, 01:20:53 AM »
Fantastic !  Who is the officer with the Red Cap, trenchcoat pointing the automatic pistol?  Looks like a great game.

Offline Ignatieff

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Back to Baku
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2008, 07:20:00 AM »
Quote from: "Leapsnbounds"
Fantastic !  Who is the officer with the Red Cap, trenchcoat pointing the automatic pistol?  Looks like a great game.

That's an old Battle Honours figure, painted up as Ignatieff himself!  There are some decent figures in the range, but a lot of duds as well.  He was bought a long time ago (2001), so not sure it even exists anymore

Ignatieff

Offline Ignatieff

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2008, 07:21:48 AM »
Quote from: "hammershield"
I am begining to think that Ingnatieff is the anthropomorphic personification of the ultimate wargamer; the ideal we all aspire to be but cannot reach because he is not real. :)

Hammershield - ha!ha!  Only too much time to think about things (and hence plan), not enough time to play....and a very talented mate (Iain 'V.I.' Blackwood) who takes awesome phtotographs.  Having said that, I have the vision and I do like organising things.

Onwards!

Ignatieff

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2008, 07:36:57 AM »
Quote from: "Ignatieff"
Hammershield - ha!ha!  Only too much time to think about things (and hence plan), not enough time to play....and a very talented mate (Iain 'V.I.' Blackwood) who takes awesome phtotographs.  

yes, the photos are very very good,  from my own experience I knwo, it's not easy at all

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2008, 08:42:01 AM »
Awesome as usual :)
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2008, 08:46:17 AM »
Quote from: "Prof.Witchheimer"
yes, the photos are very very good,  from my own experience I knwo, it's not easy at all

Quite right.

Offline dodge

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2008, 09:16:23 AM »
That is just brilliant. Figure painting really really brilliant and the photo's are very atmospheric. :love:

I'll never get to be as good as that at any of it.  :cry:

But your thread is so inspiring.

How do you come up with all the senario's and then how do you decide on all that terrain its so detailed in all respects. It's those details which just make it all so right.

Dodge