Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:09:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690887
  • Total Topics: 118356
  • Online Today: 884
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: INMN Machine Gun rules.  (Read 2316 times)

Offline Skrapwelder

• Mastermind
  • Pluviophile
    • What Ho, Cythereans!
INMN Machine Gun rules.
« on: May 20, 2013, 08:16:24 PM »
I have a couple of questions about this kind of weapon.

First: When shooting the Machine gun at a "Group" of figures, those in base to base contact, is there any difference in the procedure from shooting at multiple targets within 2 inches of one another. Basically meaning do you still split your SV when shooting at figures in base to base contact? The rules (3.3.3) say that each figure in the group is attacked and then goes on to describe how to resolve shooting into a fight.

Second: When splitting your SV to shoot multiple targets with a Machine Gun is the SV bonus of the weapon to be part of the total SV to split? i.e. with a SV of 3 and a bonus of 5 would a figure be able to engage 8 targets with a total SV  of 1 (SV + Bonus of 5/8) for each shot or would he engage three targets with a total SV of 6 for each (SV/3 = Bonus of 5)? My assumption is the latter but wanted to make certain.

Thanks,

Mike

Offline cptkremmen

• Bookworm
Re: INMN Machine Gun rules.
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2013, 08:24:14 PM »
I asked about the 1st question. Putting figures together touching is a bad idea. The machine gun would hit every figure with the full modifier. +8 I think you said in your example

2nd question I can't remember now if you split the + shooting value of the figure or of the gun?  Not both though....  I don't think so anyway

Andy

Offline Hunter776

• Bookworm
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2013, 08:27:27 PM »
When firing at multiple targets, you split up the SV modifier of the individual firing. The modifier of the weapon itself is applied in full to each shot.

Here's my question: With a machine gun or other 4-handed weapon, does each "assistant" get to fire the same gun upon his activation?

Offline Dewbakuk

• Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2013, 08:54:30 PM »
When firing at multiple targets, you split up the SV modifier of the individual firing. The modifier of the weapon itself is applied in full to each shot.

Correct.

Here's my question: With a machine gun or other 4-handed weapon, does each "assistant" get to fire the same gun upon his activation?

No, they essentially lose their shooting action as they are acting as 'loader' to the other figure.
So many projects..... so little time.......

Offline Skrapwelder

• Mastermind
  • Pluviophile
    • What Ho, Cythereans!
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2013, 11:54:51 PM »
Thanks Gents.

Offline Thunderchicken

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Amusingly clumsy.
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2013, 11:38:05 PM »
Being a tad thick and just to confirm, if figures are in base to base contact and they are fired on by a machine gun each individual figure in that group will be hit by the shooters full SV plus the full bonus SV of the weapon ?

Don't!

Offline Hunter776

• Bookworm
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2013, 12:02:24 AM »
That's certainly what appears to be implied by Rule 3.3.3

It is as opposed to "walking fire" 3.3.6.2, which is the splitting of the firer's SV to make attacks against target figures within 2" of the target before.

Offline Skrapwelder

• Mastermind
  • Pluviophile
    • What Ho, Cythereans!
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2013, 12:23:53 AM »
Other than Combat, I've yet to see a reason why anyone would want to be in base to base contact.

Offline Hunter776

• Bookworm
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2013, 03:19:29 AM »
Yep, between machine guns and grenades, bunching up really does not seem wise.

Offline cptkremmen

• Bookworm
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2013, 08:06:09 AM »
It is true I asked Craig and he confirmed it.  Basically never leave your figures in base to base contact.

Offline Dewbakuk

• Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2013, 09:41:07 AM »
Being a tad thick and just to confirm, if figures are in base to base contact and they are fired on by a machine gun each individual figure in that group will be hit by the shooters full SV plus the full bonus SV of the weapon ?

I believe so yes. It's so that if you start shooting into combat with a machine gun you are going to hit your own guys as well as the enemy. A machine gun with a decent gunner has a high enough bonus that they can probably hit a single target in combat even with the modifiers, this makes it so that spraying dozens of bullets into a mellee isn't a good plan (unless they're all enemy models in a multiplayer game).

As has been said, there is no reason to have your figures in base to base contact outside of combat.