Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:59:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690897
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 884
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: By Fire & Sword: Battle of patrols 19/5 AAR  (Read 786 times)

Offline Anatoli

• Scatterbrained Genius
By Fire & Sword: Battle of patrols 19/5 AAR
« on: May 21, 2013, 11:00:35 AM »
Andreas and I played two more skirmish games this weekend, the understanding of the concept and tactics for this level of the game is starting to evolve in our minds and we're having a ton of fun. This weekend we also followed the concept of hidden army lists (this is just awesome). The only thing we both knew were which of the skirmish lists we were both playing, but the level and what type of troops remained hidden until we met at the club and rolled for scenario.

Andreas ran the Swedish detachment, on a mere 7 FSP.
His army contained:

1 Colonel with 3 command points
6 bases of musketeers
4 bases of reiters
2 bases of veteran reiters with arquebus
1 Regimental gun
1 special model - the Peasant informer)

I ran the "Obuchowicz's Skirmish force" on 8 FSP.
This is a historical Lithuanian skirmish list that can be downloaded (though only currently in Polish) as a PDF from Wargamer site. The special thing about this list is that you can get a lot of dragoons but it only has cossack style cavalry and dragoons in the roster.

The historical description for this force told about how the Dragoons ran away from the approaching Muscovite troops, leaving their cossack style cavalry banners without fire support - and thus the Lithuanians were defeated. The low morale of the Dragoons is thus represented as the following two special rules:

1) The dragoons of this skirmish list may never form more than 2 squadrons.
2) One company or squadron, randomly chosen, gets the starting effect "Panic" and begins the battle disorganized. This effect is added after deployment of troops.

My army lis included

1 Colonel (3 command points)
1 Rotamaster (1 command point)
5 bases of Elite cossack style cavalry
6 bases of cossack style cavalry
7 bases of Polish dragoons

The scenario was battle of Patrols, Andreas as the weaker player rolled for an additional effect and moved a piece of terrain on the battlefield. Andreas also placed a peasant informer so that one of his flanks were well shielded from a Polish flanking maneuver - meaning that my company of 3 dragoons had to move in on the table from the opposite side (unless the peasant informer was removed from the table due to a "Treachery" roll).

Check the full AAR over at my blog:

http://anatolisgameroom.blogspot.se/2013/05/by-fire-sword-battle-of-patrols-1952013.html

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
  • There are hostile eye watching us from the arroyos
Re: By Fire & Sword: Battle of patrols 19/5 AAR
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2013, 11:07:06 AM »
Interesting game that would suck me in if i had any interest in the theater.   o_o

Sounds like you both had fun.   8)

Gracias,

Glenn
Viva Alta California!  Las guerras de España,  Las guerras de las Américas,  Las guerras para la Libertad!