Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:32:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: IHMN Volley Fire question  (Read 3099 times)

Offline pcjohnstone

• Bookworm
    • My Blog
IHMN Volley Fire question
« on: May 21, 2013, 03:20:54 PM »
Apologies if any of this has been asked before:-

• To volley fire do figures have to be in a "group" with bases touching? If not, are there any restrictions on the distance between figures participating in a volley?
  • Can figures who have moved participate in a volley? (as I read it there is no penalty for moving if they can)

Thanks,

Norman

Offline Craig

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Youth & Talent are no match for Age and Treachery.
    • The Ministry of Gentlemanly Warfare
Re: IHMN Volley Fire question
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2013, 04:33:08 PM »
Hi Norman,

Never apologise for asking a question. Each of these will eventually form part of an FAQ document and will help everyone.

To volley fire do figures have to be in a "group" with bases touching? If not, are there any restrictions on the distance between figures participating in a volley?[/li][/list]

No they do not have to be in a group with bases touching. There is no restriction on the distance between the figures, but they must all be within range of the target.

Can figures who have moved participate in a volley? (as I read it there is no penalty for moving if they can)[/li][/list]

Yes they can. However, if the designated 'primary shooter' has moved then the usual penalties apply.

If you don't know me then please accept that the thought of me being the 'rules guru' would have my gaming mates to go into paroxysms of laughter  lol
My sincerest contrafibularities
General Lord Craig Arthur Wellesey Cartmell (ret'd)
https://theministryofgentlemanlywarfare.wordpress.com/

Offline pcjohnstone

• Bookworm
    • My Blog
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2013, 06:24:13 PM »
Good god - we actually played the volley rules correctly!  lol

Thanks for the quick reply - you'll always be a guru to us Craig.

Cheers

Norman

Offline Craig

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2013, 07:47:06 PM »
The main reason I like to write simple rules sets is then I have a fighting chance of actually remembering them  lol

Offline steharan

• Librarian
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2013, 12:57:48 PM »
Bah!

We've been playing it incorrectly. Even worse I tend to forget which member of special branch has moved or not during a phase.

Senile already!

Offline Craig

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2013, 08:01:22 AM »
No Steharan, not 'senile', 'veteran' is the word you are looking for I believe  :D

I understand that quite a few chaps are creating simple counters to aid them in remembering who has moved or run. If one of them shares a set I shall make it available on the blog.

Offline steharan

• Librarian
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2013, 10:35:34 PM »
Thanks Craig although i think senile was closer to the truth. I plan on using counters with the snazzy new start cards that your working on. I would offer to help but I'm a numpty when it comes to design.  ;D

Offline LCpl McDoom

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scientist
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2013, 10:43:19 AM »
My thanks too on the clarification for both aspects of the volley firing, I had exactly the same two thoughts.

As an additional comment - regards noting which figures have moved or not - I tend to place a small bit of scatter (tiny bit of shale) or brush foliage (clump of brillo pad) next to the figure's base to mark that it hasn't moved. It's the sort of thing you can quickly place during the Initiative phase at the start of every Turn. It suits my personal dislike of counters on a tabletop.

Offline MalcyBogaten

• Mad Scientist
Re: IHMN Volley Fire question Again?
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2013, 07:18:32 AM »
Sorry to be re-opening a can of worms.

But if a figure has 'RUN' Surely they can't fire that turn. So they can't be part of a Volley fire group.

Again sorry if this seems common sense. (It does to me) But there are those who will not play to the 'Spirit of the Game'

Offline Varangian

• Scientist
Re: IHMN Volley Fire question Again?
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2013, 11:03:28 PM »
Sorry to be re-opening a can of worms.

But if a figure has 'RUN' Surely they can't fire that turn. So they can't be part of a Volley fire group.

Again sorry if this seems common sense. (It does to me) But there are those who will not play to the 'Spirit of the Game'

That would also break the rules as written. Any model that has run cannot fire, section 3.2.2, page 10, at the top.