Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:56:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Crocodile Games Kickstarter - PayPal pledges...  (Read 20199 times)

Offline BjörnF

• Librarian
Re: Crocodile Games Kickstarter ...Now with Amazons!!!
« Reply #60 on: June 05, 2013, 09:35:25 PM »
I really like some of the Demigods and the Trojans, but there is one thing I don't understand. Why should I take part in this Kickstarter?
- The miniatures are not cheaper then their normal retail price. The Demigods even look more expensive.
- I won't get the miniatures earlier.
- The freebies are, at this point, not so impressive, a titan hunter I don't like and a pdf of the rules next year.

So if I take part in the Kickstarter I'm just going to lend them money for free and I take the risk, or have I missed anything important in this Kickstarter? If they had lend money from the bank they would have had to pay the bank some interest, so why not give us a discount or more freebies as interest? And why shouldn't I just wait until September and buy them then?

But it is still lovely miniatures.
Making Makedonian dart-slingers: http://kestros.blogspot.com/

Offline Vongoosewink

• Librarian
    • http://www.crocodilegames.com
« Reply #61 on: June 05, 2013, 10:31:19 PM »
I really like some of the Demigods and the Trojans, but there is one thing I don't understand. Why should I take part in this Kickstarter?
- The miniatures are not cheaper then their normal retail price. The Demigods even look more expensive.
- I won't get the miniatures earlier.
- The freebies are, at this point, not so impressive, a titan hunter I don't like and a pdf of the rules next year.

So if I take part in the Kickstarter I'm just going to lend them money for free and I take the risk, or have I missed anything important in this Kickstarter? If they had lend money from the bank they would have had to pay the bank some interest, so why not give us a discount or more freebies as interest? And why shouldn't I just wait until September and buy them then?

But it is still lovely miniatures.

Hey Björn, this is Chris FitzPatrick from Croc Games, I'm the guy in the video kickstarter video. :)

I'm glad you like the miniatures, we've got more coming over the next few weeks as the program goes on.  Thanks for your comments as well, I'm happy to try and help clear things up a bit. 

You can get the miniatures early, Trojans and Demigods in September, Amazons in October - none of these will be released to retail sales until next year when the book comes out.  You'll also get a PDF 'quick start' version of the rules, with all the stats for playing the Demigods, Trojans, and Amazons in September too, with a complete PDF when the book is released.

We're doing a kickstarter to raise the funds to print the game and put all these miniatures into production.  At this point, we've raised just enough to do that.  Now, as the program progresses, we'll be adding new freebies and perks as we make it to each new goal to make the whole package better for everyone.

We've also just revealed another one of our stretch goals that is just around the bend -- The Oracle of Delphi.  I hope you like her, she's just a sample of what's coming, and I'm really looking forward to sculpting her!

--Fitz
Croc Games

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1820979427/wargods-of-olympus-mythology-miniature-battle-game

Offline BjörnF

• Librarian
« Reply #62 on: June 05, 2013, 11:04:37 PM »
Thanks for clearing it up Chris! I think it answered all my questions.

Offline powerfrog99

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scientist
« Reply #63 on: June 06, 2013, 12:20:11 PM »
Hi Björn, as an early backer just yesterday I wrote a mail to Fitz with a quite similar intention  ;-)

Especially about the part on prices and freebies and how this might look not very encouraging to a maybe backer.

As the kickstarter funding is rising and rising I hope that there will be enough special rewards for the backers to justify the loan for free ;-)

cheers Thomas

These days it's Wargods and Warhammer Armies Project I am working on !

Check out my gallery here on LAF
http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?action=gallery;su=user;u=2521

Offline SlowLoris

• Assistant
« Reply #64 on: June 06, 2013, 11:06:44 PM »
The Kick Starter looks like it's about to break $45,000

Which means this big lad will be included in as a free stretch goal.

Titan Hunters are pretty cool in the game, a tough individual to claim scenario objectives, wear down Demi Gods and dust up with the various monsters they encounter! Give him a set of wheels and he becomes a one man wrecking crew!  At least until a legendary death claims him...

Cheers

Stu
Embrace the Greekdom!

Offline Maichus

• Scientist
« Reply #65 on: June 06, 2013, 11:20:33 PM »
Sorry, if I overread it but how many variants of the different miniatures will there be?

For example, how many different variants of the Trojan front rank spreamen will be released? How many different middle rank, how many rear rank, etc.

Offline Vongoosewink

• Librarian
    • http://www.crocodilegames.com
« Reply #66 on: June 06, 2013, 11:36:46 PM »
Sorry, if I overread it but how many variants of the different miniatures will there be?

For example, how many different variants of the Trojan front rank sprearmen will be released? How many different middle rank, how many rear rank, etc.

For the Trojans, I have already sculpted 2 variants for each rank (front, middle, and rear), and I'm planning 1 more of each - so there will be 9 total for them.  Also, all the shields are separate and interchangeable.  I've done 6 total shields so far, some a little more 'Hollywood' than others, and a couple are pretty historical for those who like to play safe.  You can pick the shields you want with the unit.  Lots and lots of variety!

--Fitz

Offline powerfrog99

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scientist
« Reply #67 on: June 07, 2013, 07:15:59 AM »
Many different variants that sounds really cool Fitz  ;D thanks.

I'd love to see more pics of trojans, amazones and even corinthians...

cheers Thomas

Offline Sir Barnaby Hammond-Rye

• Mastermind
    • The Tekumel Project
« Reply #68 on: June 07, 2013, 01:34:59 PM »

Demi-Goddess of Artemis!

Offline Blue in vt

• Mastermind
That is lovely!  This is getting very tempting....my bank card is heading for the hills!

@chris...I really love you sculpting style...the figures look like a lot of fun to paint.

Cheers,

Blue
My Painting/Collecting Blog: http://bluesmarauders.blogspot.com/

"Jesus weeps when people buy resin." ...Hammers March 2012

Offline angstpuppet

• Bookworm
And the KS has reached 55k, that puts a good portion of the core factions for the game funded. Spartans, Mycenaeans, and Titans are already available. Trojans, Amazons, and Corinthians are now funded through KS.  Basically the only faction left is the Athenians at $75,000.  Between there and now the next two unlocks are the demigod of Dionysus and the oracle of Delphi.  I am so glad this KS is going well for Croc.  That is not just because I love the game and the sculpts, but also because Fitz and Deb have always been such nice and cool folks to deal with. They really make their customers feel like they matter.   Keep on climbing guys.  Let's try to get to the gates of Troy if not the fall of Troy.  

• Mastermind
    • The Tekumel Project
I am so glad this KS is going well for Croc.  That is not just because I love the game and the sculpts, but also because Fitz and Deb have always been such nice and cool folks to deal with. They really make their customers feel like they matter.   Keep on climbing guys.  Let's try to get to the gates of Troy if not the fall of Troy.  

+1 to that!   :)

Offline SlowLoris

• Assistant
Satyrs, centaurs, Amazons on horseback, seems there's hooves a plenty in the world of Olympus!

And now you can have them with wings...

Have a look...

http://www.crocodilegames.com/docs/Rules/ExcerptCorinth.pdf

Next stop Dionysus.

Cheers

Stu

Offline Dewbakuk

• Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
Would a UK backer be able to add something to their pledge for me? I'm not in the market for the figures in this Kickstarter but I would like the Sebeki Hero and Harbinger of Isis to go with my Aegyptus stuff that have been made available as add ons.
So many projects..... so little time.......

• Mastermind
    • The Tekumel Project
From the Kickstarter Comments...

Here’s a quick list of Demigods & city-state compatibility, as it currently stands.

An Athenian warband may be lead by a Demigod of Apollo, Ares, Athena, Dionysus, Hephaestus, Hades, Hecate, Poseidon, and Zeus.

An Amazon warband may be lead only by a female Demigod of Apollo, Ares, Athena, Artemis, Hades, Hecate, Poseidon, or Zeus. Male Demigods are not permitted.

A Corinthian warband may be lead by a Demigod of Apollo, Ares, Athena, Dionysus, Hephaestus, Hades, Hecate, Poseidon, and Zeus.

A Mycenaean warband may be lead by a male Demigod of Apollo, Ares, Artemis Hades Hephaestus, and Zeus.

A Spartan warband may be lead by a male Demigod of Apollo, Ares, Dionysus, Hades, Poseidon, and Zeus. Female Demigods are not permitted.

A Trojan warband may be lead by a Demigod of Apollo, Ares, Artemis, Athena, Dionysus, Hephaestus, Hades, Hecate, and Zeus.

We’re also including a customization section, so you can effectively make up whatever you want (with some restrictions). So, you could build something like a Sparta warband lead by a Demigod of Artemis, but you’d not be able to take all the options that are available. Such a warband they would basically be outcasts, wandering around on the fringe of Spartan society and having adventures, with only the Demigod’s family warriors as her protectors.

--Fitz

This seems to imply that there will be female versions of all the demigods!  :-* :-*