Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 07:27:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689774
  • Total Topics: 118294
  • Online Today: 798
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: wizkids star trek: attack wing  (Read 25103 times)

Offline Whitwort Stormbringer

• Scientist
Re: wizkids star trek: attack wing
« Reply #120 on: February 25, 2014, 09:25:11 PM »
From HCRealms (from Boardgame Geek, from a podcast interview):

The Borg, they move, differently than any other faction. They have a very different way of moving. They only move in the four different directions that are on the X or Y axis. They do not move diagonally. They do not make banks or turns. They do what is called the spin maneuver if they're going to turn to the side that you actually spin the base and then move to that side. They move forward or backward

They'll also have a 360o firing arc.  Kind of an interesting idea, not sure I like it though.  It doesn't necessarily seem to add much, flavor-wise, but it will make Borg ships a logistical pain in the tocus to navigate with.  I guess with a 360o firing arc it doesn't matter, much, though, since they essentially don't have to worry about lining up shots.

Offline The_Beast

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • As my grandchildren see me...
« Reply #121 on: February 26, 2014, 07:19:51 PM »
I've been playing since the start of the game, and running tournaments at one local shop since month 3. Points wise I think I could win a station with a good performance in month 6, but as nice looking as that model is, I'm not really interested in it. I'd rather one of my players win it and be super happy with it.

It would make a very nice display piece however...

Do you or anyone have suggestions for a mass participation game? Duels are kewl enough, but at some events, I'd think it'd be nice to have drop-ins for however short a period, and the game can be picked up, to at least start, quick enough.

Doug

• Scientist
« Reply #122 on: February 26, 2014, 08:21:45 PM »
Well, if you had a large enough playing space, and enough ships, you could get a pretty big battle going.  Federation/Klingon alliance vs. Dominion seems like a pretty solid choice, and you could essentially have players take control of a ship and play it for a little while.  The next player to drop in could pick up wherever they left off, or if a ship gets too badly damaged or destroyed you could redeploy it as a reinforcement.  That way, you can keep the battle going pretty much as long as you want.

If things start getting really muddled, and ships are everywhere, just reset the battle and start fresh.

I would recommend the colored bases, if you can get a hold of them, for a large game, so that keeping track of factions is easy.

Offline aircav

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • the aircav saga
« Reply #123 on: February 26, 2014, 10:03:03 PM »
From HCRealms (from Boardgame Geek, from a podcast interview):

They'll also have a 360o firing arc.  Kind of an interesting idea, not sure I like it though.  It doesn't necessarily seem to add much, flavor-wise, but it will make Borg ships a logistical pain in the tocus to navigate with.  I guess with a 360o firing arc it doesn't matter, much, though, since they essentially don't have to worry about lining up shots.

That's in this weeks Jadedgamer cast

Offline emperorpenguin

• Scientist
« Reply #124 on: April 08, 2014, 01:30:34 AM »
Resistance is Futile

http://www.startrek.com/article/borg-sphere-expansion

The Borg and Species 8472 both look very dangerous
My Fallout Project leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=35048.0

• Scientist
« Reply #125 on: April 08, 2014, 01:44:49 AM »
That's funny, I was just headed over here to post that!  I really like the look of the Borg Sphere, not as sure on Species 8472 though.  I feel like they attack and evade are on target, but they seemed like lighter ships to me, so I would have scaled back their hull and shields values a bit.  That also would have left room for more of them in a fleet, so you could make better use of the "Energy Focusing Ship" attack.

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
« Reply #126 on: April 08, 2014, 06:30:58 PM »
Not having watched much Voyager, I'm not terribly interested in the Kazon or Species 8472 ships. I'll likely end up with one of each anyway though, since I'm collecting. The Borg ships however...sign me up! :D
obsidian3d
www.o2media.ca

• Scientist
« Reply #127 on: April 19, 2014, 03:20:33 AM »
Info page for "The Collective" storyline OP series is up:

link

I'm wishy-washy. I don't like the introduction of blind buys as tournament entry, but if most of the ships are ones I'm interested in I'll begrudgingly go along.

I don't like that the Federation is so over-represented among the prize ships, and am especially peeved that the Stargazer is one of them (if I'm not lucky enough to get one in a game, I'll just mod one, but still...).

On the flip side, the participation prizes look pretty cool, and may be enough to keep me involved in the OP games.

I really enjoy playing this game, but WK seems to be doing everything they can with their business model to kill my enthusiasm for it  :?

Offline Lord GreyWolf

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #128 on: April 19, 2014, 04:16:00 AM »
Grand Prize: (2) Assimilation Target Prime/Galaxy Class (Federation/Borg)

dam I am going to have to see if one of the game stores can get into this I would be keen to have ago

time to email store...

LGW

• Scientist
« Reply #129 on: May 19, 2014, 07:06:37 PM »
Previews for the next three ships are up at startrek.com:

Borg Tactical Cube

Bajoran Interceptor

Vulcan D'Kyr

All three look pretty solid, really.  I like the Bajoran interceptor a lot! Too bad Bajorans were just about my least favorite faction from the shows. Also shame they didn't have these guys out in time for the Dominion War events.

I like that the cube's stats aren't too much above and beyond thise of the sphere, because with everything it's got going for it already, it should be plenty nasty on the table.

The Vulcan ships looks nice, although I really have no interest in any of the Enterpirse stuff.

• Scientist
« Reply #130 on: July 08, 2014, 07:23:53 PM »
Well, it's a long ways off, but apparently a Tholian ship (as well as another Romulan D'Deridex and a new Kazon ship) are slated for a Feb 2015 release.  Whether it will be the same Tholian ship as the prize or not? I'm not sure, but either way, that gives some hope to those withou OP events for other LE ships like the Ferengi, Gorn, etc.!

link

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
« Reply #131 on: July 09, 2014, 09:16:17 PM »
It will probably be the same mold but with different cards.

• Scientist
« Reply #132 on: July 11, 2014, 12:14:45 AM »
I would guess so, as well, because then WK could sell more of them.