Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 12:35:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690718
  • Total Topics: 118343
  • Online Today: 839
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Brink of Battle - Official Thread - New TRAIT pg 7!  (Read 24968 times)

Offline GWRoberts

• Assistant
Re: Brink of Battle - Official Thread - New UPDATE page 6
« Reply #90 on: April 08, 2013, 03:46:26 AM »
And I quote from Alan "He arced that shit from Downtown!"  lol

Few things in Brink of Battle are as satisfying as blasting a dude with a flamethrower!  :D

It was great hanging out with you and I will definitely tap you for the Sci-Fi playtest group when we get there.  I need another Traveller veteran waving the Duke of Regina's banner right along with me!  lol

At the very least, we livened up the place, which had gotten fairly quiet in our general area! lol

I'm looking forward to the Sci-Fi group.

BTB, Traveller5 is a very interesting book, considering that I'm reading the CD version of the released book. I tihnk you'll like the skill resolution system, but, oh my, how some folks are whining about how Marc Miller got it wrong! ???

Offline Faust23

• Mastermind
  • Father of Sorrows
    • Strategic Elite: Skirmish Wargames for the Discerning Strategist
« Reply #91 on: May 30, 2013, 04:34:35 PM »
For those of you who read this thread, we partnered up with Brent Spivey who was also nominated for an Origins Award for Best Miniatures rules with his The Battlefield game.  We have a bundled sale going on where you get PDFs of Brink of Battle, Havoc, & The Battlefield for only $19.99!

http://www.wargamevault.com/product/114594/Origins-Award-Triple-Play--%5BBUNDLE%5D is the link to the bundle.

Author of the Origins Award 2013 Nominated Brink of Battle: Skirmish Gaming through the Ages; Epic Heroes: Skirmish Gaming in the Realms of Fantasy; and Scrappers: Post-Apocalyptic Skirmish Wargames published by Osprey Games

Offline Faust23

• Mastermind
  • Father of Sorrows
    • Strategic Elite: Skirmish Wargames for the Discerning Strategist
« Reply #92 on: June 01, 2013, 05:46:08 PM »
Here's a new Trait for you to try out.  It's a Prestige Trait, which means that it has a requirement that must be satisfied before you can buy it for a model.

Without further ado I give you LAW DAWG!

Law Dawg (PST)
Requires: Commander type

This model always gets his man. He has legal authority to arrest, detain, and deputize others in pursuit of keeping the peace and upholding the law.

This model may Deputize any number of models on its Force for 3 Supply Points each.  Each Deputized model should note this in their Traits section, even though being Deputized does not take a Trait slot.  A model may be Deputized before a Game once the Supply Points have been paid, if it has not been previously Deputized during the Campaign. Once Deputized the model remains so as long as it is in the Force. 

Once all models have been Deployed but before the first SitRep Phase, the player controlling this model chooses one enemy model from the opposing Force and declares it ‘Wanted’.  This label stays with that model through the Game and into the After Action Report.

This model, as well as all Deputized models on this model’s Force, gets a +1 CBT Rating bonus when executing an Attack Action against the ‘Wanted’ model for the entire Game.

If the ‘Wanted’ model is Wounded during play, when it makes its Trauma Check in the After Action Report, if it passes its Trauma Check it is automatically Missing in Action.  It has been apprehended by the Law Dawg and his compatriots.  If the ‘Wanted’ model fails its Trauma Check and the result is MIA, that applies normally.

In all cases, the MIA model can only be disposed of by options 2 and 3.  It cannot be killed as in option 1.

A model may only be declared as ‘Wanted’ once per Game. 
10 SP