Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:19:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690905
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 907
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: A Lady A Day for June (pg 8 Day 30- She Walks Alone)  (Read 16399 times)

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
Re: A Lady A Day for June (pg 6 Day 25- Excuse Me)
« Reply #90 on: June 26, 2013, 01:42:38 PM »
She is quite striking although with a decided attitude problem. ..or she could be a bird watcher. VERY WELL DONE!

I can identify with the horde of minis awaiting paint. There are some in there from companies that no longer exist & come from a time long gone...I better get cracking before time runs out.
I'd NEVER join a club that would have me as a member.  G.Marx

Offline Jevenkah

• Mad Scientist
  • Orcs will rule the world, if we're not careful
    • Sword and Sorcery RPG
« Reply #91 on: June 26, 2013, 04:04:58 PM »
Your project has got me into painting mode. Looking at the tally sheet for the combined Vaults of Pack Rattiness (mostly Capt. John's stuff), I figure that if I were to do a mini a day, I'd have the last of the pieces painted up in 40 years...that should give me enough time to sort out what will be next on the schedule.

Our daughter let us know if you had painted a figure a day for the last 40 years, you'd have a smothering collection!

re: Babes with Big Axes: I'm glad we could do these justice as they are gorgeous minis. They have such highly expressive faces and real sense of movement.

re: Ensemble shots: We couldn't resist the execution vignette either. Of the 10 figures in the picture, 6 of them are A Lady A Day. We are planning a group shot of the month's work. I love playing with lots of minis!

re: The General Theme Idea: A focus to target an area that was a bit lacking in figures was just what we needed. This has also helped us see exactly how we could paint up armies for large-scale battles in not-as-much-time as we thought.

Thanks for all the compliments folks!
Jevenkah

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #92 on: June 26, 2013, 09:43:44 PM »
Our daughter let us know if you had painted a figure a day for the last 40 years, you'd have a smothering collection!

It's even worse than that. Last January marked fifty years of Mini Madness...minus a bit of time as L.B.J's Ultimate Weapon. AND, until recently, a mini a day would be a lost day. My record was a brigade of Napoleonic Austrian Line Infantry: 240 musketeers & 24 Grenadiers with standards & mounted officers in 10 days...living on reds, vitamin C, & coffee (cocaine wasn't my thing).
Most of my stuff was given away or sold or done on commission; SO I have about 400 or so minis that are mine...until someone else wants them. My friend & house partner, Captain John, has a display cabinet filled with minis I've done for him over the last 20 years; he figures there are around 1,500 to 2,000 pieces there. If I paint something with someone on my mind, they will eventually find a package on their doorstep.

Offline Jevenkah

• Mad Scientist
    • Sword and Sorcery RPG
Re: A Lady A Day for June (pg 7 Day 26- Blushing Bride)
« Reply #93 on: June 27, 2013, 12:10:59 AM »
Today's lady for A Lady A Day is, I believe, the only Julie Guthrie female we found in our unpainted lead. Every other female that we bought by her we painted shortly after acquisition.

We never had need of a bride before now. Now, as you may have read earlier in this thread, we have a wedding in the near future as our king is betrothed to the daughter of our staunchest ally. Unfortunately, we continually have trouble keeping her out of our champion's pants.

Jevenkah

Offline OLeary

• Scientist
  • Bhí mé ag ól uisce beatha
    • Black Swan Painting
« Reply #94 on: June 27, 2013, 12:18:18 AM »

We never had need of a bride before now. Now, as you may have read earlier in this thread, we have a wedding in the near future as our king is betrothed to the daughter of our staunchest ally. Unfortunately, we continually have trouble keeping her out of our champion's pants.

No wonder she's blushing :D :D

It's nice to see a Julie Guthrie sculpt in here and I'm digging those purple accents.  Just a few more days left and I'm curious to know who the final Lady will be.

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #95 on: June 27, 2013, 12:20:31 AM »
living on reds, vitamin C, & coffee (cocaine wasn't my thing).

lol

Though isn't that "Ritz" and not reds? I can never tell for sure...

EDIT: Hmmm Google says reds! Hum, how about that?

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline LeadAsbestos

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • When the Hurlyburly's Done...
« Reply #96 on: June 27, 2013, 01:28:39 AM »
Got that last one too, playing the part of Isolde, or at least Isolde's handmaid! ::)

I may just actually have to take a brush to all these damn ladies you brought (back) to my attention!

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #97 on: June 27, 2013, 02:23:15 PM »
The Bride does look the part; i.e., sweet & innocent...or doing a good version of it for appearance sake. I was a bit surprised that you didn't go for the traditional white, but in her current colors the Girl will have more uses than just her Big Day. WELL DONE once more!

Offline Jevenkah

• Mad Scientist
    • Sword and Sorcery RPG
Re: A Lady A Day for June (pg 7 Day 27- Party all the time)
« Reply #98 on: June 27, 2013, 09:54:18 PM »
DAY 27 of A Lady A Day is one of those guests trying to upstage the bride.

Jevenkah

Offline Doomhippie

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #99 on: June 27, 2013, 11:11:13 PM »
Now that's a wedding I'd like to attend...  :D

Wonderful miniatures all around. Love this thread.
Roky Erickson flies my spaceship!

Offline Mister Rab

• Mastermind
  • in plumbum veritas
    • Rab's Geekly Digest
« Reply #100 on: June 28, 2013, 07:49:00 AM »
Getting better all the time! Do you think your brushwork is improving, doing so many, so close together? I think your flesh tones on this guest-zilla are the best yet.

A fabulous idea to undertake, a Lady a Day, bravo!

Offline MattW

• Librarian
« Reply #101 on: June 28, 2013, 11:54:56 AM »
Great idea! Who makes/made the sword sisters frm the first pictures? I'm looking for minis just like them!

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #102 on: June 28, 2013, 02:46:31 PM »
The last one is another LOVELY addition to the Bevy of Beauties. WELL DONE!
I had done that mini for my erstwhile AD&D group; she wound up being painted as a Medusa...now I'm not sure if she was meant to be a Monster or a Maid.

Offline Jevenkah

• Mad Scientist
    • Sword and Sorcery RPG
« Reply #103 on: June 29, 2013, 01:23:20 AM »
Now that's a wedding I'd like to attend...  :D

Wonderful miniatures all around. Love this thread.

lol Weddings can be so much fun.  ;)

I'm happy you're enjoying the thread. (And I'm glad you were able to check out the comic too. I'll be learning website development for a long time now... )

Getting better all the time! Do you think your brushwork is improving, doing so many, so close together? I think your flesh tones on this guest-zilla are the best yet.

A fabulous idea to undertake, a Lady a Day, bravo!

Thank you! I used to think Teshub did a pretty good job on his flesh, but he had done lots of armored minis recently with basically only eyes showing. Most of the ladies have nice flowing curves that allowed my husband to let his brush go. Also, he played more with washes than he had previously.

I know the pace of one a day is not a huge number, but the consistency and theme has allowed us to gather a collection that never would have been.

Great idea! Who makes/made the sword sisters frm the first pictures? I'm looking for minis just like them!

Thanks! We got the sword sisters from the almost-defunct Mega-Minis. DeafNala recognized them, but I didn't ask the original manufacturer. The shields were from our bits box.

@DeafNala: I love that interpretation! Must have been quite the figure!

Thanks again all!
Jevenkah

Offline Jevenkah

• Mad Scientist
    • Sword and Sorcery RPG
Re: A Lady A Day for June (pg 7 Day 28- How about a kiss?)
« Reply #104 on: June 29, 2013, 02:07:54 AM »
The Lady A Day for DAY 28 is waiting for that perfect guy.

Jevenkah