Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 11:40:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Ronin 2nd Ed? (Not rumor or news post)  (Read 1258 times)

Offline Mr. White

• Mastermind
    • Wyrd Stones and Tackle Zones
Ronin 2nd Ed? (Not rumor or news post)
« on: July 12, 2021, 02:47:19 PM »
I haven’t heard anything, but the fact that another Osprey blue book classic (Lion Rampant) is getting a 2nd ed hardcover, I’m wondering what the odds are if Ronin getting the same treatment. It would be an opportunity to fold in some of the later En Garde refinements.

So what do we gotta do? Buy up a bunch of copies and boost sales?

Offline SotF

• Mad Scientist
  • Shadow Of The Future
Re: Ronin 2nd Ed? (Not rumor or news post)
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2021, 12:36:14 AM »
I'd love to have one, especially with the added things added as an appendix to it. The 2 mythical files and some of the campaigns along with the named characters and such along with incorporating the errata into it.

I'd also like some suggested options for bases with it, mainly for cavalry because that's what caused a few issues in play for me. 40/50mm round seems like the best option for things due to the free rotation rule which is what led to a lot of things...cavalry and bike basing is just asking for trouble there to both allow more movement and to shift placement away from enemies. That's one of the things that led to the shift to a group standardization for other games that don't define them (mainly SoBaH/ASoBaH and their offshoot games) for a 1" round base for standard figures and 2" for cavalry/large due to the store stocking Reaper bases and the easiest ones are their RPG sized bases, even larger things are still on the should be round with the exception being some artillery.

Offline craigjwoodfield

• Librarian
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2021, 01:59:03 AM »
LR will have sold many, many more copies than Ronin, and has a much wider scope, so I wouldn't read too much into it. And to be frank, LR is a genuine classic.

I wouldn't be adverse to rewriting the rules, but it's Osprey's call. They have my email address. ;)

Offline Metternich

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2021, 09:02:30 PM »
We play Ronin with some adaptations from En Garde (e.g. substituting the weapons master attribute from EG for the weapons jitsus of Ronin).