Forum > Fantasy Adventures

Skirmish Army Lists

(1/4) > >>

Faust23:
I'm interested in your feedback as I put the finishing touches on Epic Heroes: Skirmish Gaming in the Realms of Fantasy. 

Mister Rab:
For me, it depends. If it's a dozen figures, I'd want to make my own warband - sort of like an adventuring party in an RPG. If it's forty figures, I'd rather have an outline list.

eilif:
I choose "without a list" but from prebuilt stats.  That allows you to build either a thematic warband or a classic mixed party.

However, when looking at a skirmish game, the more important factor for me is that the game has to have a good unit creation mechanic.  Prestatted units are essential for being able to pick up the game fast, but I can't stand being limited to only the units that an author chooses to include in the book.

phreedh:

--- Quote from: eilif on June 11, 2013, 11:57:32 AM ---Prestatted units are essential for being able to pick up the game fast, but I can't stand being limited to only the units that an author chooses to include in the book.

--- End quote ---
Quoted for truthness and correctitude!

Faust23:

--- Quote from: Mister Rab on June 11, 2013, 09:36:55 AM ---For me, it depends. If it's a dozen figures, I'd want to make my own warband - sort of like an adventuring party in an RPG. If it's forty figures, I'd rather have an outline list.

--- End quote ---

Brink of Battle is the core rules mechanic for Epic Heroes. It's a 3-20 models per player range.  Elites run 3-10, Standard Forces are 5-15, and a Horde force is 7-20 models.  It is encouraged that you build your force with some individuality, but its not necessarily required that you do.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version