Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:26:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691075
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 804
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: New 28mm German Erhardt armoured car by 1st Corps  (Read 8610 times)

Offline Ignatieff

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: New 28mm German Erhardt armoured car by 1st Corps
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2013, 12:53:45 PM »
Anyone else do an Erhardt? I've got a (very) old HLBS one which while nice is tiny by comparison
"...and as always, we are dealing with strange forces far beyond our comprehension...."

All limitations are self imposed.  Work hard and dream big.

Offline smirnoff

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2013, 04:09:33 PM »
Black Army do one
No idea if it's the same sculpt though...

Offline Madmick

• Scientist
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2013, 11:04:26 PM »
Both models are done by the same model maker to 1/48 or as close as he could. The rhardt had a crew up upto 12 and was noted as been tall enoughfor the crew to be able to see over crowds of protesters in inter war Germany.

Offline AndyG

• Bookworm
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2013, 07:51:43 PM »
My black army Erhardt is @85 mm long and 50mm high to the top of the turret. Other differences are no spade etc on rear door and solid wheels.

Offline smirnoff

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2013, 08:27:34 AM »
My HLBS one is 85mm long and 50mm high too.
Width including wheel arches is 30mm, fighting compartment 20mm wide.

Offline Keith

• Mastermind
    • Small Wars Blog
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2013, 11:58:39 AM »
The Black Army one looks ok (scale-wise) against Great War figures. A bit undersized, but compatible with the later Copplestone vehicles.

I've stripped it of a few rivets (the irony) and added the bonnet hinge/radiator detail (which is v. easy) and it's my current favourite on the market.

The Scheltrum one is pretty crude by comparison, smaller, lacks rivets and the resin has a tendency to be a bit cheesy-soft.
An infrequent Blog http://small-wars.com

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2013, 11:48:56 PM »
I've just read your concerns over the size of the model.I,d like to cover a few of your points at the risk of sounding OTT .yes the size is right and yes its very big! the bonnet is 2mm taller to allow for the thickness of the fins in the front grill any thinner and they will break in use. your right the doors are slightly larger than a scale model but this is not a scale model its a gaming model and the reason for this is simple the hatches are sized to better withstand gaming and scale doors would show this up.The front wheels are to be pinned in the body giving a smaller gap between the wheel and the mud guard,again to make it more usable with out basing.This will bring the bonnet nearer to your figures head hight. The gun barrel is the same one used on the motorcycle by 1st corps so no its not too big.the shovel and pick are not from a 1/35 or 1/32 kit their hand made.Yes the starting handle is oversized to protect the grill.Mick has posted a model painted by the designer please checkout you may find it useful. Yes the vehicle are all by the same hand just designed to be cast by different methods! I hope this helps .if not then your going to have when the planes come out!

Offline Bowman

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scientist
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2013, 07:37:51 PM »
I've just read your concerns over the size of the model.I,d like to cover a few of your points at the risk of sounding OTT .yes the size is right and yes its very big!

The size is right......... for 1/48, but not for the other models I have bought from them such as the Romfells and Minerva.

Wiki has the Erhardt E-V/4 chassis at 5.3m long. My model is 113mm long. That makes it 1/46.9 scale. I can live with that as the model is beautiful. The pick axe and shovel on the back.......um, not so much. :D

When I bring the Erhardt out and show it to my opponents, I expect their jaws to drop and they'll exclaim, "Holy ****! That's enormous!" I'll then get to retort, "Gentlemen, what you drive are mere armoured cars. This baby is a Panzerkraftwagen!"
"This I have known ever since I stretched out my fingers to the abomination within that great gilded frame; stretched out my fingers and touched a cold and unyielding surface of polished glass." 

H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

Offline Bowman

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scientist
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2013, 07:52:32 PM »
Here is, what seems to be a Lithuanian modification of the E-V/4. I have no idea what the year is.

Looks like an armoured Paddy Wagon.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 07:54:57 PM by Bowman »

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2013, 08:42:12 PM »
i like the look of that varriant .not something id consider making though .im glad you like the erhardt  as i made an ass of trying to say there is a little scale creep in this figure to make the gun ports strong enough for gaming so details had to increase to keep it aesthically pleasing.im not going to please everyone.ais for scale in gaming i tend not to take it to heart gamers tend pick the bits of a scale that suit and egnore the bits that dont .if theres any vehicle you'd like me to considor making then please let me know.

Offline Ignatieff

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2013, 07:39:01 AM »
The size is right......... for 1/48, but not for the other models I have bought from them such as the Romfells and Minerva.

Wiki has the Erhardt E-V/4 chassis at 5.3m long. My model is 113mm long. That makes it 1/46.9 scale. I can live with that as the model is beautiful. The pick axe and shovel on the back.......um, not so much. :D

When I bring the Erhardt out and show it to my opponents, I expect their jaws to drop and they'll exclaim, "Holy ****! That's enormous!" I'll then get to retort, "Gentlemen, what you drive are mere armoured cars. This baby is a Panzerkraftwagen!"

Brilliant.  I'm convinced!

Offline leadfool

• Mastermind
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2013, 08:41:49 AM »
Alex Bagosy makes an Ehrhardt that has the reverse problem, it is way to small.  It is a great model but looks like it is for 20mm figures.  When I use it I field it with just the turret machine gun and treat it like a tankette,....a armored carette?  four man crew one machine gun. 

FOUNDER OF THE D'ISREALI ARMY

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for lunch.  Liberty is a well armed Lamb, contesting the vote.
B Franklin.    ----

Offline area23

• Mastermind
    • area23
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2013, 07:40:55 PM »
I remember the same discussion years ago when Sloppy Jallopy released their 1:48 Austin Putilov. It's all a matter of taste with cars of any kind.
The Putilov looks great (-search images on this forum or google) even if big compared to 1:56 and I imagine it's the same with this Erhardt.
And to think that even a few years ago there was hardly any proper sized armoured cars available. We sure are being spoiled these days. :D
If you don't believe in lead, you're already dead.
+++AREA23 BLOG+++

Offline Ignatieff

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2013, 08:06:46 AM »
Its arrived, and its magnificent!  More of a Panzerkampfwagen, than 'kraft' (thats the 1917 upgraded model, as you all know....)

I will be ordering more.  Perfect for all sorts of military/counter insurgency/suppressing your local population work.....Yeee haaa!