Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:45:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690911
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 907
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Made w/ Minis Comics: Lords of Timlin (It's Alive and in Print!)  (Read 6044 times)

Offline Jevenkah

• Mad Scientist
  • Orcs will rule the world, if we're not careful
    • Sword and Sorcery RPG
Complete in all it's glory, "Lords of Timlin" is the telling of one outstanding night of role-play gaming. We have a dark-age low-fantasy, high-intrigue setting, with a gamemaster (my husband, Teshub) who knows how to give his players just enough of what they want and leave them coming back every month for more.

The comic is intended for print, as a gift to the players who have given us so much fun over the years, but we found a whole new world for it on the internet.

I hope you enjoy!
Jevenkah

http://swordandsorceryrpg.com/comics/lords-of-timlin/ for the full story. Bring your coffee.

edit- I would love to hear any comments/critiques especially as related to your viewing experience. I'm not sure if galleries are the way to go for the pages; I thought it was easier on the eyes than scrolling down. What do you think?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 04:07:47 AM by Jevenkah »

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
Re: Made With Minis Comics: Lords of Timin (BattleRep)
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2013, 01:47:12 PM »
Even through the mental fog of early morning, that was an EPIC TALE that held my attention completely. A GREAT NARRATION in combination with the OH-SO-COOL minis & scenery made The Tale a FINE way to wake up.
I'd NEVER join a club that would have me as a member.  G.Marx

Offline Jevenkah

• Mad Scientist
    • Sword and Sorcery RPG
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2013, 05:49:02 PM »
Even through the mental fog of early morning, that was an EPIC TALE that held my attention completely. A GREAT NARRATION in combination with the OH-SO-COOL minis & scenery made The Tale a FINE way to wake up.

Hearing of your enjoyment was a fine wake-up for me as well. Thanks so much for the compliments! It was such a long labor of love it's great to see others read it in it's completeness! And, most importantly,  have fun doing it.

Have you published it?

Not yet. Thanks for the link. I plan to use http://ka-blam.com. The comic is magazine sized (just like Savage Sword of Conan). It will cost some $ per issue, but they're gifts so that's OK.

Jevenkah

Offline shadowking1957

• Mastermind
    • Shadowkings
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2013, 07:30:43 PM »
All of it is brilliant, wonderful work and content and pictures, great web site also

Offline Gibby

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2013, 08:29:34 PM »
Hearing of your enjoyment was a fine wake-up for me as well. Thanks so much for the compliments! It was such a long labor of love it's great to see others read it in it's completeness! And, most importantly,  have fun doing it.

I loved it, too! What a masterpiece! I am utterly knackered tonight but this kept my gnat-like attention span firmly in check. Great work!

I look forward to seeing the reunited humans deal with the growing Orc threat!

Offline Doomhippie

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2013, 08:47:28 PM »
I love what I see but unfortuantely it takes hours to load the pics up on my computer. So I haven't really had the chance to read the whole thing.  :'(
Roky Erickson flies my spaceship!

Offline Jevenkah

• Mad Scientist
    • Sword and Sorcery RPG
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2013, 02:27:50 AM »
All of it is brilliant, wonderful work and content and pictures, great web site also

Thank you very much! I've been a comic book geek for only a wee bit longer than I've been a gaming geek. It's rewarding to see both of these loves of mine combine in such a vibrant way. And while I've written countless short stories in my life, I've never attempted a full-length comic. It's one of those things one never knows one can do until one tries. I'm pretty excited and can't wait to see it in print.

Thanks for enjoying the website too! That has grown like a magic bean stalk so far!

I love what I see but unfortuantely it takes hours to load the pics up on my computer. So I haven't really had the chance to read the whole thing.  :'(

This I don't like to hear. Well, I want to hear it, but I want to fix it too. It's a hard balance to strike with resolution vs size for the comic pages, especially as the actual pages are 8.25 inches X 10.75 inches! Perhaps a separate lower-res gallery...I will let you know when I figure this out.

I loved it, too! What a masterpiece! I am utterly knackered tonight but this kept my gnat-like attention span firmly in check. Great work!

I look forward to seeing the reunited humans deal with the growing Orc threat!

Thanks Gibby! I'm glad to have enabled some escapism for you! And we have some beautiful orcs to showcase in the following comics, sculpted by Nick Lund. These orc sculpts we liked so much we built an entire orc culture around their looks, elongated features, armor, weapons, gear, etc.

Thanks again all,
Jevenkah

Offline Gibby

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2013, 10:51:02 AM »
The orcs look like they fit in nicely with Dark Age aesthetics. Are they still available to buy anywhere?

EDIT: Found them!
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 10:52:54 AM by Gibby »

Offline Little Odo

• Mastermind
    • Little Odo's Grand Days Out
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2013, 07:57:25 PM »
The orcs look like they fit in nicely with Dark Age aesthetics. Are they still available to buy anywhere?

EDIT: Found them!

C'mon Gibby spill the beans - where can you get them from? I could do with grabbing a load of them to fight against my Normans, Anglo-Saxons and Vikings - All of Jevenkah's and Teshub's great threads (not to mention their wonderful blog) have really whetted my appetite to follow in their footsteps and create a massive game universe.
Little Odo's Grand Days Out
http://littleodo.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Gibby

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2013, 08:38:28 PM »
C'mon Gibby spill the beans - where can you get them from? I could do with grabbing a load of them to fight against my Normans, Anglo-Saxons and Vikings - All of Jevenkah's and Teshub's great threads (not to mention their wonderful blog) have really whetted my appetite to follow in their footsteps and create a massive game universe.

Sorry :D

I was reminded of Jevenkah's thread where she posted the Orc Bannermen, so I found that and she gave us the link there: http://www.mirliton.it/

Hope this helps!

Offline Sybou

• Bookworm
    • Sybou's lair ...
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2013, 11:55:02 AM »
I like your stories with this software. I think you already published the link for this software minicomics for it but can you post it again?

I'd like to do similar things than you.
Here you can see my stuffs!!!

http://sybouslair.blogspot.co.uk

Offline Jevenkah

• Mad Scientist
    • Sword and Sorcery RPG
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2013, 02:55:50 AM »
I like your stories with this software. I think you already published the link for this software minicomics for it but can you post it again?

I'd like to do similar things than you.

Thanks Sybou! It's been very cool to hear how people have enjoyed the comic.

http://manga.smithmicro.com/

is the US distributor. I'm using Manga Studio EX Version 4.

Little Odo- you have left me speechless, which is a total irony since you are the person who started me on this crazy blog thing to begin with! I hope you have as much fun in your "reality" as we do in ours!

Gibby- have you been to the blog website http://swordandsorceryrpg.com? The orcs you mention wanting represent one of our major orc races, the Great Northern Orcs. There are some cool pix here:

and in action one game night here:

They are soooooo much fun to paint! Lots of subtle details and "textures" to play with the paints. Love to see what you guys do with them!

Jevenkah

Offline Gibby

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2013, 03:26:42 PM »
Very inspirational blog. I love reading up on fluff from any fantasy setting really, so I will put the kettle on and get stuck in!

I think this is where I will put my Dark Age figures to use; building up my own little fantasy world. With obvious hints to the stuff that inspired me, I hope you will forgive :D

Offline magokiron

• Mastermind
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2013, 05:52:58 PM »
Great comic!

I enjoyed each page.

Thanks for sharing your Beautifully painted minis, scenery and story.

Hope you and your group of players make more of this in the near future.

Best wishes.
I know you're too old to play with toy soldiers. So give them to me... NOW!