Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:05:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Just got the book! A few questions...  (Read 2397 times)

Offline GregX999

• Librarian
Just got the book! A few questions...
« on: May 02, 2008, 04:52:00 AM »
I just got the rulebook and read through it. I'm very impressed with the creativity of some of the mechanics. I love the turn-sequence, initiative thing!!

A few questions that jumped out at me:

1. What's the visibility distance in woods and jungles?

2. Does the "Shooter is suppressed" modifier only require a single suppressed marker?

3. Can you fast move into hand to hand combat (giving up the extra die) or do you have to charge?

4. If a hero is with a unit, and at the start of a turn the player decides to split him off and puts his card in the deck, but then before either the unit's card or his card is drawn, the unit is charged or fired upon, is the hero involved in the melee or an eligible target since he hasn't yet "separated" from the unit?

5. All scouts cost 36 points regardless of their quality?

6. Do scouts attempting to spot/shoot at a sniper follow the normal scout rules or the rules on page 28? Can they attempt to spot on a shooting action?

7. Do you roll the speed dice for vehicles every turn? Or only when accelerating? Do you roll all dice or just the "extra" 1 or 2 dice and add it to the existing speed? If you rolled the maximum d6 for the vehicle and got anything less than max-speed, can you roll again next turn? What if you want to accelerate but your new roll is lower than the old one even though you used more dice? Also, same questions for decelerating.

And a note: it seems to me that a sniper should cause suppression just like a MG. No?

Great rules! I can't wait to play them!
Greg

Offline Driscoles

• The Dude
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2008, 08:27:23 AM »
Hi greg,

thanks for buying the rules.
Thanks for your questions. I try to answer all your questions correctly :o)

1. Because T+T is a skirmish game we dont use this " how far  can you look into or out of a forrest terrain piece " once a unit is in a forrest terrain piece the unit is in cover. If the forrest is only little brushwork and not that thick we agree on a shooting mod of -1. You can shoot in or out of the forrest. If the forrest is blocking LOS you can not shoot through it .

2. Yes, if the unit received one marker one model will shoot with a -1 modifier. You must apply this modifier  to a fighting model.
Example A Unit of 8 men and one marker and only 4 men can actually fire the modifier must applied to one of those four guys.
We also want to introduce this modifier for close combat.

3. Nope  ! You must CHARGE

4. When the hero card is in the deck he is on its own.
He does not belong to the unit.

5. Plus all other points. A bad typo. Thanks for finding this bug Greg :)

6. They can try to spot a sniper. Snipers are tricky guys and therefor hard to find. Scouts have special abilities but are not trained to find snipers. They have the same chance as the other units. You can do this on a shooting action. See the rules on page 28. If you dont find him the shooting action is wasted.

7. Only when accelerating. You accelarate on 1 or 2 dice. You decalerate by 1, 2 or 3 dice by braking carefully. Please read the example on page 20 bottom right. That must be clear I think.
If you roll a 7 on your starting speed you can keep this speed all game long. You dont have to roll new every turn. You can change this speed by either accelarating or breaking.

Your sniper idea and supression is good. We will keep this in mind. Thank you. You can test this while playing with snipers.

Hope you enjoy the rules.

Cheers
Björn
, ,

Offline GregX999

• Librarian
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2008, 02:31:52 PM »
Björn,

Thanks for the quick answers!

I'm still a bit confused on the vehicle movement thing. If you were to continue the example on p.20 of the lorry moving 8" (2d6), on the next turn if he wanted to speed up by 1d6, would he roll 1d6 and add it to the 8", or would he roll 3d6?

And if his roll of 2d6 was 3" instead of 8", could he re-roll the 2d6 on the next turn in attempt to go faster without having to move up to 3d6?

Oh, and for the suppression thing, does each suppression marker on a unit represent one figure in that unit being suppressed? So a unit with 7 figures and 3 suppression markers has 3 figures suppressed and therefore 3 figures with a -1 modifier to shoot?

It seems at first glance that lone heros are very susceptible to suppression and being pinned (since only 2 markers pin them). Is this the case in actual games or am I missing something?

Greg

Offline Driscoles

• The Dude
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2008, 03:08:45 PM »
Hi Greg,

In case the lorry drives 8" a turn and you want to accelarate you roll 1 or 2 dice and add the result to the 8" starting speed.
But I see what you mean. We were not really clear in our explanation. You are probably confused of the two toplines on page 21.
To make it simple:
You have 6 d 6 for accelarating.
Whenever you accelarate you roll 1 or 2 dice per turn until all 6 dice are wasted.

Round one.
Start your car and roll 1 d6. You roll a 3. Your car moves at this speed.( 5 dice left )
Next round you want to go faster. You roll two dice for a total result of 12 " You add this to your base speed of 3. So your speed now is 15 ( three dice left ). and so on. When you have spent the last three dice on accelarating your car has reached the maximum speed.

Supression is a kind of indicator that shows your units morale status.
You can move, shoot and fight with supression but the more suppression  you take the easier you come to pinning status. And your fighting ability decreases as well.
Your example is correct.

Heroes are pretty tough oponents.  Before you can pin them they have to fail the morale check and with their good score they are hard to pin. But its not a free ticket for heroes to run all over the battlefield being totally invincible. They have a fair chance of being wounded or get supression and therefor keep their heads down.

Cheers
Björn