Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:39:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686536
  • Total Topics: 118107
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: (COMMERCIAL) Otherworld crowdfunder - anyone in the states get their's yet?  (Read 2182 times)

Offline leegwonfu

• Librarian
Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone in the states has gotten their figs yet? It's been a very long time (too long IMO), and I'd like to actually have something in hand for all of the dough that I forked over. So, just curious how many people stateside have gotten theirs already (if any, that is).

JP
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 06:19:00 PM by Prof.Witchheimer »

Offline Estarriol

• Librarian
Have you tried contacting Otherworld directly? And are they still within their delivery window specified on the crowdfunder?

Offline Citizen Sade

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
Some US backers have got their figures. There's a thread on the Otherworld forum about the campaign.

Richard, the owner, is running a bit behind on getting everything shipped.

Quote from: Otherworld
No, there's no reason to be concerned, but please be patient. Assembling, packing and shipping all the rewards is a very time-consuming process, and I have to continue to keep the rest of the business running smoothly too.

Could do with more frequent campaign updates on the Indiegogo page though.

Offline Mick_in_Switzerland

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
I did not take part in the indiego but I did order some of the figures whan they went onto the website in March.
They arrived in Switzerland this week.

I had already emailed Richard to ask about the delay and he explained that his caster was overloaded by work before and after Salute in April. 
Things are now back on track and he is slowly catching up.

If you can be patient a little while longer you will be very pleased.

I got Cleric v1, Magic user v2, Thief v2, Assassin and Female Thief.
They are some of the best fantasy figures that I have seen.

Regards

Mick

Offline otherworld

• Librarian
    • Otherworld Miniatures
Many apologies if you're still waiting for your rewards.  I'm working hard to get everything shipped out, but with a campaign that involves so many contributors (artists, sculptors, graphic designers, printers, mould-makers and casters, painters, packaging manufacturers, etc.), small delays (and some long ones) here and there have had serious impacts on our original plans for completion dates.

I'm afraid that there is no alternative but to try to be patient and understanding, and I'm sure that you will be happy with your miniatures when you get them.

It's been a difficult and stressful process for many of us, but it will be worth it in the end.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 08:43:24 AM by otherworld »
Otherworld Miniatures Webstore - http://www.otherworldminiatures.co.uk

Offline Earther

• Mastermind
  • Sat at my Mac, lusting after lead…
Yep. You need to trust Richard on this one. He's working his arse off to get the sets out there.

This question might have been better on the actual Otherworld forum though? :?

Offline leegwonfu

• Librarian
Yep. You need to trust Richard on this one. He's working his arse off to get the sets out there.

This question might have been better on the actual Otherworld forum though? :?

OK, silly me - didn't even think about that, but should have realized that every company has a forum now.

Thanks for the link,CS.

Offline leegwonfu

• Librarian
OK, I'm going back to this thread because I'd like to know if anyone in the US have actually gotten their figs at this point? It's mid-August, and I still haven't received mine yet. I feel that Otherworld has been completely unprofessional and irresponsible during the entire crowdfunding campaign.

For those of you who are wondering why I don't post on their Indiegogo site (or the Otherworld forum), I have posted on the Ig-g site, but Otherworld never (or rarely, if at all) replies there, and their updates are lacking, to put it mildly. I'd also like to find a more "neutral" forum to elicit opinions from.

I sincerely regret having ever committed any money to Otherworld's crowdfunder, and I will most likely never support them as a company again. At this point, who knows when I'll receive the items that were supposed to have been sent out in January.

Not a very good way to run a crowdfunder (or a company). Extremely disappointed...

Offline bandit86

• Scatterbrained Genius
Have not got mine.  Really looking forward to them though.  What got me mad is that people can buy them on the web site.  we paid for them to be made and get nothing.
Barbarella: What's that screaming? A good many dramatic situations begin with screaming...
http://bandit86.blogspot.com/