Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:49:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690583
  • Total Topics: 118338
  • Online Today: 822
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Indian Raid AAR - LOTOW  (Read 1407 times)

Offline bennyj

• Assistant
Indian Raid AAR - LOTOW
« on: June 21, 2013, 01:01:37 PM »
Minnesota Valley 1861; After the troops are withdrawn due to the civil war a small settlement hires a group of Mercenaries (Lawmen) to protect them against Indian incursions.
Red Jacket, a renegade Dakota, has returned from Canada and leads a small warband against the settlement.

Victory conditions were determined by cards, choise was:

Lawmen
'Red Jacket Must Die!' - points for killing Red Jacket (10), his brother (5) other indians (2)
'White hats' - 2points per settler who survives, 1 point per indian killed
'Black hats' - 1 point per small loot counter, 3 points per large loot counter, 10 points donkey

Indians
'Bring me the scalp of fork tongued devlin' - points for killing frank devlin (10), his bodygaurd (5), mistress (5) and 2 points per mercenary taken out of action
'we want your women!' - 5 points per female settler carried away
'It's a raid!' - 1 point per small loot counter, 2 points per large loot counter, 5 points donkey, 1 point per white killed

I had 13 Indians (1 leader musket armed, 3 society warriors with muskets, 2 society warriors with hand weapons and medicine shields, 7 braves with hand weapons and bows)

My brother went for Lawmen (1 sheriff and deputy with large pistols and sixguns, 2 vigilantes with rifles and 3 upstanding citizens with shotguns)

It all went wrong for me from the off with three of my men being dropped in the opening turn as we closed the distance on the settlement - even though we hugged cover the defender's fire was horribly accurate. On turn two we suffered no casualties and managed to drop a mercenary hiding in a corn field, one society warrior reched the door to a house but failed to kick it in. Bow fire against the roof top defenders produced no casualties grrrr
At the start of turn 3 the mercs made a break for it forcing settlers , at gunpoint, to carry loot for them. an indian got into the house and killed a female settler. A brave charged in and clubbed a mercenary to death in hand to hand.
By the start of turn five the mercs had almost reached their exit zone butstill manged to inflict three more casualties as they fled.
I had drawn the 'bring me the scalp...' card but couldn't get anywhere near the community leader or associates, my brother had the black hat card and won a resounding victory.

I'll try and add some photos later

Offline Lawful Evil

• Scientist
Re: Indian Raid AAR - LOTOW
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2013, 03:43:17 AM »
Sounds great. Sometimes a one sided game isn't so bad; it happens in real life as well. I look forward to some pictures.