Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 05:05:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: SOTR Operation Felix Heidrich  (Read 2655 times)

Offline FATROC

• Scientist
SOTR Operation Felix Heidrich
« on: December 29, 2016, 06:44:00 AM »
 Just ordered some minis from West Wind and downloaded the free pdf for their new supplement for SOTR. It is the operation to retake Gibraltar from Hugo Von X. Overall, nicely done, 51 pages. It is designed to bring the Incursion minis into the SOTR fold (mostly the newer ones from the Incursion kickstarter). There are new O.O.B.s for the Para Drop Armour platoon, and the A.P.E. platoon designed specifically for this operation, that can be fielded in normal SOTR games, and a brand new MI-13 Commando platoon O.O.B.! Nigel and the Ack Packs are now available to the SOTR world! ;D
 Noticed a couple of things. Hilde is mentioned as the Commander of the Para Drop Armour Fallschirmjaeger Division, but no rules are provide. Hopefully, this was just an oversight. The Drop platoon has an option for 1-4 Fallschirmjaeger squads, but no entry is provided. That needs to be fixed. Two new Support choices are listed and have entries. the Gerbirgsjaeger squad, and the Luftewaffe Mech Grenadier squad.
 For the A.P.E Platoon, I noticed no Rosie!  :'(  Hopefully that will be corrected. The option to take a bazooka in an A.P.E squad isn't listed as they reprinted the core rules from their existing publications. Luckily, I already had the download pdf with them.
 Has anyone else picked these up and read through them yet? Thoughts?

Offline Ballardian

• Mastermind
  • Too old to stop now
Re: SOTR Operation Felix Heidrich
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2016, 11:09:37 AM »
I've had the chance for a cursory look through & I agree, it's a nicely done supplement. I don't know to what they're refering when they mention the 1-4 FJ squads (they're not pre-existing units & the supplement covers the Luftwaffe units from the Doomsday book - though they've renamed the pathfinders as Aufklarers, so it could be indicative of some sort of reorganization - you could ask on their FB page - I'm not on FB & the incentive to join has yet to be invented -  as their forum has yet to resume).
 I also hope that they provide some rules for Hilda Becker & Rosie as it seems a little odd that they haven't, given that they've now covered the other Incursion KS characters - perhaps a second edition will se the light of day in some form then?
I like that you can now take Gretel or Ilsa seperately (they were always an expensive pairing).
 The only (slight) downside for me is that the armoured FJ's drop list is still a little OP (twenty guys in powered armour are hard to shift!).
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 12:33:24 PM by Ballardian »

Offline FATROC

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2016, 04:42:34 PM »
It is nice that you can now field the Von X twins separately, if you choose. There might be something to the re-organization idea you mentioned. The 1-4 Fallschirmjaeger squads have to have a different layout than the Luftewaffe Mech Grenadier squad, or why bother with both? I also noticed that Gracie and the Panzer Affe are in the supplement, their stat line entries aren't listed (some for Gracie, but not all). The SNAFU pdf covers that. I'm wondering if some of these omissions are due to that material being covered in v2. Overall, I like it. New OOBs and scenarios allowing me to play with more of my collection of toys, erh, I mean minis  :D  is always a good thing! And you can't beat the price! Have posted on their fb page. Miss their forum. I hope that gets revived soon.  :'(

Offline FATROC

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2017, 05:51:45 AM »
Posted on the West Wind fb page, no response. Requested to join the SOTR public group, still pending. Over a week now.   :'(   I would like to find out about that FJ squad. Can easily add to my existing Drop Troop platoon. It would also give me an excuse to buy more minis! Never a bad thing.

Offline Ballardian

• Mastermind
  • Too old to stop now
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2017, 02:16:13 PM »
Let us know when you hear anything from them, having gone to the trouble of replacing Hilde Becker's head with one that actually had features on it (from Statuesque, fits perfectly, even where the pigtail drapes over the back of her armour) I'd like to stick her in a game.

Offline FATROC

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2017, 04:28:45 AM »
Definitely. Would love to see what rules they come up with for her. Hadn't thought about head swaps with the Statuesque offerings. Those might work well with some of my Soviet Survivor minis. Hmmmm...

Offline Ballardian

• Mastermind
  • Too old to stop now
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2017, 02:34:06 PM »
I'd recommend them, the Statuesque stuff is excellent, but make sure you get the right head size for your chosen mini - they do three now; fine scale (a 'realistically' proportioned head, I used one of these for the Hilde mini as her existing head was quite small), pulp scale & heroic scale (more your average 28mm size).
 (They also do a rather cool Kroenen type mini in their Pulp Alley range.)

Offline FATROC

• Scientist
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2017, 06:17:46 PM »
Love that mini! I saw that when I was checking out the head bits. Also like the female RPG gunner, and light machine gunner, and Commissar in their heroic range. I think they will find their way into my Survivors platoon.

Offline FATROC

• Scientist
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2017, 06:18:27 AM »
Got in contact with the moderator on the SOTR Facebook page. They do have rules for the Fallschirmjaeger squad. It appears the entry was left out by accident. They also have rules for Hilde and Rosie. These may have been left out as they were not quite ready.  They will be posting the "beta tester" rules for these on the Facebook page shortly with the caveat that they may be modified before they are finalized. Great news IMHO. As soon as they are up I'll post. I would recommend joining the page, Secrets of the Third Reich - West Wind Productions.

Offline Ballardian

• Mastermind
  • Too old to stop now
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2017, 05:18:49 PM »
Cheers! l look forward to that.