Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:47:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Poll

Which of the two aspiring actresses should get the role?

Sally Singana (Action Pose)
24 (40.7%)
Mafuthi Mtwetwe (Command Pose)
32 (54.2%)
Ola Jordan and Robbie Savage
3 (5.1%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Voting closed: June 20, 2013, 03:35:41 PM

Author Topic: Tanganyika's Got Talent (Lines are Open)  (Read 4842 times)

Offline Ray Earle

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Tanganyika's Got Talent (Lines are Open)
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2013, 12:01:32 PM »
Mafuthi got my vote. I think the colourful skirt swung it.

Although the picture of her atop the mountain had me singing 'circle of life' in my head.  ;D
Ray.

"They say I killed six or seven men for snoring. It ain't true. I only killed one man for snoring."

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2013, 12:03:49 PM »
Are you confusing Mafuthi with Mufasa?  ;)

Offline Ray Earle

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2013, 12:38:58 PM »
Possibly.. What was the question again?  :D

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2013, 12:47:55 PM »
Good to see you having a game again Plynkes. I voted for Mafuthi Mtwetwe - she looks the business and won't take any shit.

To be honest I'm not sure when the game will actually happen. I've revived my interest in painting, however my level of interest in actual tabletop gaming is still very low, almost non-existent. But as I'm back into painting I thought I'd continue with the project, as it is a bit of fun and once done it will be ready to go as and when I feel like doing that kind of stuff again. And I thought the poll was a fun way to show off the two figures (I genuinely can't decide which one should be Munyuse). So it is still in the pipeline, but I'm on a long road back to being the old Plynkes and so I can't say how far down the line it will be.

Now the sheilds are really nice. Perhaps you could give the less talented amongst us a small how to.

Not sure what to tell you, really. I have no special technique. If you were to ask me what I did my natural response would be that I just painted them. All I can say is that light straps on a dark background are about 100 times easier to do than vice versa (and oddly enough I have never been able to figure out quite why that is). Each colour on the main body of the shield is generally done in two shades, sometimes three, that brings it to life a bit. Isn't all that noticeable, but I think it does make a subtle difference. If there is a secret it is just to be thorough. Be meticulous and try and paint as tidily as you can, and if when you make a mistake on those little straps, go back and fix it.

And when you make a mistake fixing the mistake, go back and fix that too. Repeat until you either find yourself satisfied with your shield or housed in an insane asylum.
With Cat-Like Tread
Upon our prey we steal...

Offline whill4

• Librarian
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2013, 02:45:00 PM »
Thanks for the reply Plynkes. After reading your reply and re-examining the images I believe the shading is what really makes the shields pop.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 02:46:43 PM by whill4 »

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2013, 10:50:00 AM »
Well the results are in. I thought perhaps there might be a late surge from Robbie and Ola, but sadly it was not to be. We are proud to announce that the winner is...

...Interminable pause...

...Close up shots of finalists looking hopeful...

Mafuthi!

Led from the front and never looked like surrendering that lead. Well done, Mafuthi, you deserve your victory. Thanks to everyone who voted. However, the final decsion on the outcome is currently suspended pending an Ofcom investigation into phone-voting irregularities, reportedly involving Ant and/or Dec. We will keep you informed on developments as they unfold.