Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 06:14:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690730
  • Total Topics: 118344
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Prussian artillery for IHMN  (Read 1921 times)

Offline set2121

• Assistant
Prussian artillery for IHMN
« on: July 02, 2013, 08:52:21 AM »
one of the things the Prussians where famous for in this age was artillery, so i was wondering is anyone has had an artillery piece in there IHMN what rules do you use or has anyone have any ideas as to rules to this ?

one thing i wanted to do is to bring in a gas shells i think that would fit well with the society  of Thule

Offline aktr

• Librarian
Re: Prussian artillery for IHMN
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2013, 10:41:21 AM »
I created a deck gun for use with my warmachine pirates (Yarrrr). I just created it using the weapon creation rules the added on the cost of the 2 crew men. However when checking the points on the existing team weapons in the book (flame thrower, MG etc) I noticed that they came in 2 points cheaper then the some of there parts. Not sure if that was deliberate or not

As for gas shells you could just have it as an artillery piece that fires gas grenades, just add a point or 2 onto the cost of the grenade depending on the range

Or just use the rules for the congreave rocket gun and model it like an artillery piece

Offline set2121

• Assistant
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2013, 12:28:47 PM »
i had not thought of using the rocket gun i may mix the arc cannon and the rocket gun

so a range of 24 a SV of +3 and a -1 to pluck

for crew i think i would at leas need 3 to 2 to lode one to spot

at the moment a arms race is going on between my friends and me this is my responce to a steam tank that shall be taking to the field soon

Offline Craig

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Youth & Talent are no match for Age and Treachery.
    • The Ministry of Gentlemanly Warfare
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2013, 07:21:00 PM »
The thought of deploying a 40cm Krupp Howitzer in a skirmish game does have its appeal it has to be said  :o lol

However, there are lot cheaper options for knocking out armoured vehicles, namely weapons that ignore armour, i.e. Arc and Flaming weapons. After all the armoured vehicles of the late 19th century were fairly ramshackle and rudimentary affairs and not yet immune to such weaponry.

As for the Society of Thule and the use of poison gas there shall soon be a company to be released on the blog that might be right up your strasse. I can say no more  :-X
My sincerest contrafibularities
General Lord Craig Arthur Wellesey Cartmell (ret'd)
https://theministryofgentlemanlywarfare.wordpress.com/

Offline aktr

• Librarian
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2013, 08:13:11 AM »
More companies  :o give me chance I’m still working out which models to get for my first one

Regarding the armoured vehicles always remember to give them a coating of Dr Shazboks patented faraday paint. Guaranteed to protect against neer do wells with arc weaponry
Available in a range of colours

Offline Thorwin

• Bookworm
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2013, 10:27:14 AM »
I still have the opinion that arc weapons and flamers should not work against walkers or vehicles with armour more than 10. The AV-7 rule is too powerful against such very costly walkers like the kaiser wilhelm. First arc weapons against the faraday rule of an fully enclosed room made of an conducting material. Second the flamer is arguable , the steam technology involves good protection against heat.I think these weapons needs a second view.