Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:55:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689605
  • Total Topics: 118286
  • Online Today: 661
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: New studio and finished trees.  (Read 1435 times)

Offline Ironworker

• Mastermind
    • http://ironworkersminiatures.blogspot.com/
New studio and finished trees.
« on: May 05, 2008, 05:32:47 AM »

Well my new studio space is 1/6th the size of my old studio space so I decided to try and focus on better organization from the start.  I haven't measured the studio space but it's only about 7.5' wide and 11.5' deep.  We lined the long wall with shelves for terrain and project storage.

I put my workstation in the corner of the short wall next to a north facing window.  I've got to say that they light there is beautiful this one factor alone is going to go a long way to make up for the small workspace.  My old studio was on the interior of a larger building with no windows and very short ceiling.  I called it “the cave”.  It was dark.  I couldn't get enough illumination.  Not only did that make it harder to see but it was also depressing and hard to work there for long periods of time.  I haven't got my actual workstation in yet but I do have a temporary table.

It is a very small studio compared to what I am use to but the light situation is very nice.  I was in there today not only putting things together but also finishing up a project I brought up from my old studio and I enjoyed being in the space much more.  I don't think it was the newness either.  Just having nice window really improved my mood quite a bit.  Also it will be easier to keep track of things in the smaller space in theory and hopefully I will also be forced to keep it more orderly rather than let a bunch of unfinished projects just lay around because I have the extra room.  

The project I finished today were these conifer trees I made from scouring pads.  I'm pretty happy with the way they turned out and I'll be making at least another 10 trees very soon.  

Next to my workstation is another shelf.  Right now it's got finished minis on it but after I get the rest of my shelves moved into the house this shelf will turn into a WIP only shelf.