Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:24:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691074
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 804
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Michka's Cyberpunk/Blade Runner terrain (B-Movie at Rock Con 2013, 10-27)  (Read 31507 times)

Offline ink the troll

• Scientist
The Blade Runner Sketchbook, should be good for inspiration:
http://issuu.com/futurenoir/docs/bladerunner_sketchbook
sanity is for cowards

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
Indeed they do.
Now water can flow....or water can crash...be water my friend.
Sifu Bruce Lee.

Offline Michka

• Mastermind
Ink the Troll:   I actually have the Blade Runner sketchbook. I got it when I was fifteen, and have loved it ever since. I do need to download the electronic one though, so I don't wear the original out (anymore then I already have). I've been planning to make an order with Antenocitis Workshop for a long time now. I just can't make up my mind as to what I want in my first order.
Anpu and Commander Vyper:   I'm feeling cheap lately, so I'll probably build some psudo-future AC units out of plasticard. After making one or two  I'll then give up and just buy them. That's how I usually work. 

As I said a few days ago, the street vendor stall needed a re-paint. As I was working on it I realized I didn't like the look of the roof. It hangs too far over the front, obscuring the details inside it. I also decided I wanted some light inside the stall, so I built another roof. Just a simple roof with a hole in it to let light in. At least that was the initial thought. What I ended up with was a pretty complex looking piece with smoky clear plastic panes, and a cover plate that looks like it has been stuck open for years now. Lots more work then I was expecting, but the results were worth it. OK, enough gabbing. Here are the pictures...

My apologies if you read Japanese. I found those Kanji in an anime art book, and used them with no idea what I was saying. For all I know I've proclaimed Al's Eats serves Rainbow Can-openers and Boiled Happiness. 

and here's the back of the stall. You can see a bit of the exterior wall detailing, and the smoked glass panes (which are just clear plasticard, dull-coated on one side).

I also painted a car for the roads. It's from the Arctic Skunk Shapeways store, where I get my G.I.Joe vehicles and such. I'll be needing lots and lots of future vehicles in the coming months, so don't be surprised to see a H.I.S.S. tank tooling around Night City.

More to come...

Offline Cherno

• Scatterbrained Genius
The food vendor looks great. Nice details and the color scheme is a big improvement!

Offline Michka

• Mastermind
Thanks Cherno. Have you done anything more with your Future Noir setting lately? I'm always looking for more inspiration.

Offline Miniman

• Scientist
The buildings are impressive indeed.
How many do you plan on having?
What rules will you be using?
How will you handle game play on the interior floor by floor?
No amount of planning will ever replace dumb luck.

Offline Cherno

• Scatterbrained Genius
Thanks Cherno. Have you done anything more with your Future Noir setting lately? I'm always looking for more inspiration.

I haven't played another session, but I added some raised walkways / bridges between buildings and ladders so I can have a rooftop fight or pursuit. For this, I also made some roof props like AC units and a big water tank tower.

Offline Michka

• Mastermind
Miniman:   I'm not sure yet how many buildings. I'll need at least enough to cover two three foot by three foot tables. Of course a third of this will be covered by the road sections, and I will cheat a few of my old colony buildings and the shuttle pad from my last Aliens vs. Colonial Marines scenario. I'm currently making false fronts for the old Armorcast stucco buildings. At the moment this is my part of this year's B-movie game at Rock-Con. B-movie uses a rule similar to the goal system, but often modified by the GMs to add silliness and fun. After Rock-Con I'll probably use Savage Worlds to run games of Aliens and Interface Zero. For room access, we'll probably use the roof section to represent any floor in the building.

Now that was a long winded answer to a simple question.

Offline Miniman

• Scientist
Not long winded at all.
Is Roc-Con in Rockford IL late Oct?

Offline Michka

• Mastermind
That's the one. The B-Movie game is celebrating it's 20th year. I haven't been involved in it for all those years, but I have been doing my part for a few years now. 

Offline Michka

• Mastermind
Got a bunch of stuff to show off. Unfortunately I don't have much time to explain it all. Lots of photos, not so much text. Here goes...

Second street vendor stall.

The back of the street vendor...

The roof comes off too. There's room for two minis inside.

Three minis from the Gangs of Mega City One blister, Cleaner, Street Lawyer and Vid-Nasty (I think). The Street Lawyer was really badly cast. (Feet issues) I did a little conversion to make the Vid-Nasty look more like Edison Carter from Max Headroom.

I re-based my Rick Deckard figure. I also included the Spinner toy from the old Blu-Ray set for scale.

Here I have a Hasslefree mini along with some Tachikomas. These came from an old DVD set.

and finally, a picture of the Hasslefree mini, the Tachikomas, and a 1/72nd model of a Jigabatchi attack helicopter. 

All of these will see use in this Cyberpunk setting.

Offline von Lucky

• Galactic Brain
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • Donner und Blitzen Wargaming
Awesome! I'm particularly happy that there's still bacon in the future.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 10:59:07 PM by von Lucky »
- Karsten

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Blog: Donner und Blitzen

Offline Roebeast45

• Mad Scientist
    • Roebeast's Magical House of Sunshine
Awesome! I'm particularly happy that there's still bacon in the future.

Doesn't "long bacon" come from "long pig"?

Great work so far. I like how the spinner and Tachikomas just seem to work perfectly together. I guess I need to buy more DVDs.
"This is no time for ease and comfort. It is the time to dare and endure."

-- Winston Churchill

Visit Roebeast's Magical House of Sunshine! http://roebeast.blogspot.com/
And RSquared Studios: www.rsquaredcomics.com

Offline Dr Mathias

• LPL Champion (S6,S7) Bronze Medalist (S5)
  • Galactic Brain
  • Purveyor of the one-and-only Miracle Elixir!
    • Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza
Great additions! I like the grungy look you have going on that kiosk.

Now, which DVD set do I need to buy to get that Spinner?!!!
a mixture of quick parts, sarcastic humour, reserve, and caprice.
Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza

Offline Michka

• Mastermind
Great additions! I like the grungy look you have going on that kiosk.

Now, which DVD set do I need to buy to get that Spinner?!!!

Thank you for the compliment. High praise coming from you. The spinner comes from the Blade Runner collection that comes in a briefcase. There's also a prototype spinner available in the newer 30th anniversary edition. I found the collection with the prototype spinner at Best Buy for about $20 to $25 a month ago. Now if you want the Tachikomas, I can't help. I got them years and years ago. I think there's a collection available from Japan.

Hope that helps.

Oh, and one more thing. Long Bacon does come from Long Pig.