Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:58:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691156
  • Total Topics: 118377
  • Online Today: 905
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Debut of Buckskins and Rangers - a new FIW Skirmish rule set  (Read 1984 times)

Offline Hitman

• Scatterbrained Genius
Greetings Fellow LAFs. I just wanted to let you know that my third rule system, Buckskins and Rangers is finally available. I will be debuting this rule set at Historicon this week.

Buckskins and Rangers is a historical miniature game that enables and encourages the reader to recreate various battles and skirmishes of the French Indian War, while using 28mm model soldiers on their own tabletop battlefield. This game has been set up as a skirmish game in which players are assigned a unit of figures under the command of an officer, NCO or hero. Each figure is given a random number of actions that they can perform in their turn using a random card generating system while dealing with the fundamentals of warfare such as command, movement, effects of small arms fire and artillery and the role that morale plays when the stresses of battle commence.

Numerous examples are included throughout the rule set and several advanced rule sections are also included allowing players to tailor games to their own preferences when using the various scenarios included or when designing their own game scenarios.  Buckskins and Rangers rule set also includes the following items to make this rule set a complete package:

     1     Complete Rule Set
    12    French Indian War Scenarios
     1     Reproducible Summary Chart
     2     Reproducible Artillery Templates
     6     Reproducible Figure Info Sheets
   320   Figure Cards

For further information, please feel free to contact me at:

battlefield_designs {at} rogers {dot} com

If you are interested in picking up a copy of Buckskins and Rangers or any of my other rule systems (Green Jackets and Voltigeurs or Red Coats and War Hawks) just look for the British and French flags hanging in the game room in the evenings (Thursday, Friday or Saturday or Saturday afternoon) or stop by and say hello. I will also be at the Pre-Registration desk as well. Thanks for taking a look. Hope to see some of you at Historicon.
Regards,
Hitman
Victory is guaranteed to the last man standing, but always remember those whom you stepped on to get there!!

Offline fastolfrus

• Galactic Brain
Re: Debut of Buckskins and Rangers - a new FIW Skirmish rule set
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2013, 09:32:02 PM »
What's "Redcoats and War Hawks"?
Do you have a website?
Gary, Glynis, and Alasdair (there are three of us, but we are too mean to have more than one login)

Offline fastolfrus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2013, 09:33:39 PM »
Just found the RC & WH answer on your 1812 thread.

Offline mikedemana

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Investigating curiosities around the globe...
    • Worldwidemike
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2013, 01:30:51 AM »
I'll be at Historicon and stop by and say Hi. Maybe even get in a game to try them out.

Mike Demana

Offline Hitman

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2013, 03:54:57 AM »
fastolfrus;

To answer your inquiry, check out the website at: http://www.battlefieldgamedesigns.com/

mikedemana;
Let me know who you are. I will have extra figures available for the War of 1812 games so I can let up to 12 people play even though the game registration says 8. If the tickets are all gone, come by anyways as I have extra figures painted up for this scenario. All 3 rule sets use very similar if not identical rule mechanics so even if you want to play the FIW, the War of 1812 will give you an understanding on how to play the FIW, Napoleonic or War of 1812 rule systems.

Anyways, I look forward to seeing you there this weekend.

Offline mikedemana

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Investigating curiosities around the globe...
    • Worldwidemike
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2013, 01:31:22 AM »
Playing in the game right now...

Will post pics when I figure out how to do it with iPhone.

Mike Demana
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 01:55:34 AM by mikedemana »