Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:59:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690846
  • Total Topics: 118356
  • Online Today: 861
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: LAF moves house  (Read 8388 times)

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
LAF moves house
« on: May 07, 2008, 06:53:19 AM »
Dear Lead Adventurers,

today during the afternoon I will start the move of our forum to its new home. I guess, I will need some hours to complete the move and build up the permissions etc . For this time the forum won't be available, as soon as I've finished the installation, you'll receive an email with the new URL of the forum. Another possibility to reach the new forum will be to enter the old URL where you will be automatically forwarderd to the new location.

The good news is that all the contents of LAF won't be lost. The bad news is...actually I have no bad news :) Not yet. And that's all for now, sorry in advance for the time when you won't be able to access the forum, on the other hand, I'd say, you could use this LAF-free time to complete your next LPL entry or just do something else, even something usefull :)

Yours
Prof.

Offline Vanvlak

• Galactic Brain
LAF moves house
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2008, 07:47:20 AM »
To paraphrase a quote by - er - someone or other:
Time spent LAFing is time spent with the gods (of painting). Meaning you, as just one notable example, Prof.
Anyway, regrettably I'll have to spend the time on housework (wife is abroad :( ) and attending postgrad presentations. Maybe I could sneak in my week 6 entry, the Squa.. oops, shhh!

Anyway - once again thanks for all the work you put in all this Prof  8)  8)  8)

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
LAF moves house
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2008, 08:22:36 AM »
Fingers crossed the move goes ok :)
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
LAF moves house
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2008, 08:52:18 AM »
Hurrah!
With Cat-Like Tread
Upon our prey we steal...

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
LAF moves house
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2008, 09:39:40 AM »
Just in time, Prof, I've had 18 "500" messages this morning  :(

I will be all excited when I get back from work around midnight tonight, hoping the new site will be up and running  :D

Good luck!

Offline Wirelizard

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Needs More Zeppelin!
    • The Warbard
Re: LAF moves house
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2008, 08:14:34 PM »
Up and running - and it's all... green!

I like the fact that all our old threads seem to have migrated over intact; no more database errors will be very nice indeed, but the green is going to take a bit of getting used to!  ;)

I like the black & white banner & title across the top - nice mix of pictures of all the top obsessions here...

Offline audrey

• Scientist
    • My Oubliette
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2008, 08:49:03 PM »
I love the new forum. Glad it all moved without too much trouble. I do have one suggestion. I would like to see better icons used for the "New Posts" and "No New Posts", they look so similar right now.

-Audrey
Mistress of slayage

My Oubliette:
http://audreysoubliette.wordpress.com

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2008, 08:54:10 PM »
I love the new forum. Glad it all moved without too much trouble. I do have one suggestion. I would like to see better icons used for the "New Posts" and "No New Posts", they look so similar right now.

thanks and yes, you're right the both buttons look very similar, I will see what i can do.

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2008, 09:09:49 PM »
Really like the new layout, too.

I´m still, however, bugged by the PM Display mode. I cannot get it to display the latest received PM on top of Page one-I DID get the date and the sender in that order, but when clicking on the message title, it forwards me to an ancient message... o_o

Ahhh, brave new world! :lol:

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2008, 09:19:59 PM »
Really like the new layout, too.

I´m still, however, bugged by the PM Display mode. I cannot get it to display the latest received PM on top of Page one-

yes, it's strange, I took notice too. I had no time to deal with it, will do next 1-2 days.

Offline The_Wisecrack

• Mad Scientist
    • Easy Painter
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2008, 10:35:42 PM »
in all fairness prof i gotta hell loada revision to do and its thanks to you. we couldnt close the forum every afternoon could we Lol. lol
EZPAINTER.CO.UK/BLOG

Offline Orctrader

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Orctrader's Painted Figures
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2008, 08:41:25 AM »
Yes, it looks good, however ...

Quote:- you could use this LAF-free time to complete your next LPL entry or just do something else, even something usefull :-).

I must protest in the most vigorous terms at the insinuations contained within the above statement, posted yesterday during the "move."

To suggest that I could possibly complete painting a five figure squad in the time that LAF is off-line is to insult my "Oh, my, but he's a slow painter" standing.

Further, and at this my indignation is incandescent, to imply in this disgusting manner that time spent on this forum is somehow less "useful" than any other activity is well, quite preposterous!

Yours,

Disgusted of England     ;)

Offline Darren

• Scientist
  • Sky Marshall
    • Darren's Hobby Blog
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2008, 08:47:42 AM »
It's looking nice :)

Two minor points though...

1) I was looking at some pics someone had posted as images within a thread - the pics were 1024x768 and I had to scroll all the way down to the bottom of the thread to be able to see the scroll bar to be able to scroll horizontally to see the rest of the picture.  I guess it looks okay on a widescreen monitor but on a regular monitor, the pics get cut off due to the forum panels on the right taking up some of the screen.

2)  What's the Chess section at the bottom of the panel on the right for?

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2008, 09:01:11 AM »
*hammershield, being a creature of habit, staggers arround and bumps in to things as he tries to get used to the new forum*

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2008, 09:07:09 AM »

Further, and at this my indignation is incandescent, to imply in this disgusting manner that time spent on this forum is somehow less "useful" than any other activity is well, quite preposterous!

I'm happy you see it that way  :D