Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 10:27:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Frenzy... Have we been doing it wrong?  (Read 1704 times)

Offline Mr. Peabody

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Canuck Amok
Frenzy... Have we been doing it wrong?
« on: July 19, 2013, 06:28:59 AM »
For the longest time we have been playing that on a failed resolve roll, for whatever reason, if the insanity table result comes up 'FRENZY' and the frenzied figure manages to make it into base-to-base contact with an enemy, then a round of close-combat is immediately fought.

But tonight, one of our buddies pointed out that the frenzy result doesn't specifically mention that frenzy counts as a 'charge action' or that a close combat should be fought immediately.

So, have we had it wrong all along?
Television is rather a frightening business. But I get all the relaxation I want from my collection of model soldiers. P. Cushing
Peabody Here!

Offline LidlessEye

• Mad Scientist
  • Recovering Cultist
Re: Frenzy... Have we been doing it wrong?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2013, 06:45:15 AM »
Nope, you've been doing it right.  Frenzy attacks basically interrupt the regular course of the game until they're resolved.  It can get a little messy.  I seem to recall a game we had recently where we actually lost track of whose turn it was in the midst of a series of frenzies.

Offline Mr. Peabody

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Canuck Amok
Re: Frenzy... Have we been doing it wrong?
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2013, 06:51:34 AM »
Thank you sir, just what we needed to hear.

It can get a little messy.  I seem to recall a game we had recently where we actually lost track of whose turn it was in the midst of a series of frenzies.
Brutal, and just the way I like it.  8)

We just wrapped up an awesome game of 'Restless Dead' that featured a blasphemous construct and sooo many zombies. If it wasn't for a golf-bag filled with sabres I would have most likely lost my Threshold team.  Just about lost the turn sequence a couple of times as a result of frenzies and close-combat draws.