Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:20:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Historicon - 2013 Is coming! Who's going? Whatcha looking for?  (Read 1981 times)

Offline Grimmnar

• Scatterbrained Genius
Historicon is just around the corner. July 18 to 21st in Fredericksburg, Virginia. http://www.historicon.org/

Now....
Who's going?
And what are people looking for that are going?
And what are people looking for that aren't going to make it? You know who you are. Always asking after the fact.

Grimm

Offline Chuckaroobob

• Scientist
Re: Historicon - 2013 Is coming! Who's going? Whatcha looking for?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 08:22:50 PM »
Yup, I'm going.
Looking for 28mm Artizan FFL and some 1:56 WW2 vehicles from Brigade Games.
Spartans from Crocodile.
28mm Modern Africans from Eureka/TAG.
And possibly some 15mm Modern Soviets, also from Eureka.
And assorted other stuff that is shiny.
They call me "Point Cow"

Offline fitterpete

• Mad Scientist
  • Maryland, U.S.A.
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013, 10:20:45 PM »
I'm going.Thursday to Sunday.
I'm selling in the Flea Market Friday and Saturday mornings.Afternoons are for shopping and evenings for (hopefully) playing some games.
Anyone interested I'm selling a couple hundred Front Rank WSS figures,Front Rank 17th century, and Calpe Prussians(somewhere around 300).The Front Rank are bare metal and the Calpe primed black.
This week I'm going to purge the lead pile a bit more so there will be more. ;)
As for what I'm looking for well
I'm hoping,maybe just maybe Architects of War will start acting like the US distributor for Warlord Games and have some of the newer Bolt Action figures.
Got to see Lon at Brigade about some GWM French and some more Germans and Steve from Age of Glory has some preorders for me.
Oh yeah use.... my Old Glory Army card to get some cheap 37mm German AA guns to mount on my Bandai Opel Maultiers
Pete

Offline Mindenbrush

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2013, 07:52:55 PM »
I start my drive down to Fredericksburg from Montreal on Tuesday, will stop overnight in PA somewhere - most likely Allentown as I want to check out Palmer Acrylics in the Blick store there.

I am running 2 Brother against Brother games in 28mm - Friday morning and Saturday evening - so putting last minutes touches to bits and pieces  o_o

I pre-ordered a lot of stuff mainly 15mm ACW from Bluemoon but tend to pick up odds and ends when there - I don't see the company that sells steel bases on the vendor list? Been trying to get larger steel bases for my artillery teams but no one seems interested.
Wargamers do it on a table.
YNWA - It is not a badge, it is a family crest
Montreal Historical Wargaming Club

Offline mikedemana

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Investigating curiosities around the globe...
    • Worldwidemike
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2013, 06:31:53 PM »
I will be going, too, but not arriving till dinner time Thursday, most likely. No real particular shopping list other than I need more Howard Hues paints (thick for dry brushing). I will most likely buy something from Acheson Creations, too. Maybe a stockade fort for my FI&W games? They're stuff is always great quality and inexpensive...

Mike Demana

Offline Deathwing

• Mad Scientist
    • World's End Publishing
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2013, 02:02:09 AM »
Teaching in the Hobby University during the day, running demos of my upcoming rules at night, and socializing in between.  Plan to by some Wargame Factory survivors, Dream Forge Stormtroopers, and probably some other random stuff for Post-Apocalyptic gaming.

Joseph McGuire, President/Janitor at World’s End Publishing; producer of the upcoming post-apocalypse skirmish warband game This Is Not a Test.

https://www.facebook.com/TNTGame

http://worldsendpublishing.com/

Offline Mindenbrush

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2013, 12:55:12 PM »
So did everyone get what they wanted and have a good time at Historicon - despite the heat?

Purchasing wise I only added the Sgt Major's Miniatures pack of Horses (without harnesses), a pack of his ugly deer and a bag of Reaper MSP paints - as if I don't have enough already.- Choose the Flesh triads to see how they work against my normal Vallejo formula and the Foundry 'Expert' Flesh set.

Game wise I participated in 2 wins using the Carnage & Glory computer moderated system - an AWI and 15mm Naps. I had my first game of Pig Wars "Pigs in Greece" and really enjoyed it.

The two Brother Against Brother games I ran went down well with the players and I won an HMGS award "Encourger Pour Autres" so that made a pleasing end to the week.