Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:49:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: 40 Anos.  (Read 7712 times)

Offline Predatorpt

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Sci-Fi blog - Task Force Thor
Re: 40 Anos.
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2014, 11:50:08 PM »
'Collectors' are a strange and oft exceedingly mercenary bunch. There's an antique toy store near here, that I very occasionally pop into as they have some discount items from time to time. I've seen the same Dinky and Corgi models  with absurd price tags sitting in their display cases for years. Doubly absurd as you can buy them on ebay for a lot less even counting the postage from the UK or France.

I've been lucky with my Solido purchases I don't think I've ever paid over $30 for an item. Dinky, I've just scoured Ebay until I've found chipped and battered ones and then restored them myself. It really must do awful things to the minds of toy collectorscto think that people would glue bits on, repaint and then, horror of horrors, actually play with them.  :D

I really wish someone would do a 1/35 model of Salgueiro Maia. I'd love to make a vignette with that EBR.

Ok, I went ahead and bought 2 scrap Panhards from Ebay right now, lol. €16,80 for one (with shipping) and €23,30 (with shipping) for the other.

Do you have pictures of your vehicles? I would love to see them!

I think there's a Salgueiro Maia bust in resin and a 1/35 figure, but I'll have to check  :-X

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2014, 11:57:41 PM »
If you find them, let me know.

Will post some photos of vehicles later this week if I get time.
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
  • Culpame de la Bossa Nova...
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2014, 11:09:15 AM »
There is a Schuco 1/43 diecast EBR which usually goes quite cheaply on E-Bay. It's too big for 28mm gaming, but it is quite a nice model all the same.