Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:51:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690911
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 907
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Help with uniforms.  (Read 1361 times)

Offline gimzod

• Scientist
Help with uniforms.
« on: May 01, 2014, 01:09:41 PM »
Hello everyone.

Can anyone help me with suggestions for what paints to use for the following uniforms.

US airmen

Australian army

New Zeland special forces.

Thanks for any help. :)

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
Re: Help with uniforms.
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2014, 01:41:32 PM »
Interesting mix. What project is this for?  :)
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline gimzod

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2014, 06:45:27 PM »
More forces for Ukuechana.

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2014, 08:49:14 PM »
I should have known that. But that's what I get for posting when I am passing out.
Just leting you know, that the Air force SF units use the same uniforms that the army uses when our side the wire.
But from a distance the grey uniform looks alot like the army's ACU, coloration.

Offline gimzod

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2014, 09:25:46 PM »

Just leting you know, that the Air force SF units use the same uniforms that the army uses when our side the wire.
But from a distance the grey uniform looks alot like the army's ACU, coloration.

Does that include pararescue troops?

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2014, 11:08:24 PM »
for the most part. SF units are usually allowed to choose what equipment they will use in  any given operations. And since PJs are usually working closely with other SF units they will usually dress the same so as to avoid confusion on the Battlefield.
Now say if they just got called in from a normal Air Base. After a normal work/training day.
They might still be in there grays. So technically its really all up to you how you want to paint them.  ;D
I mean When I was in Afghanistan we still had DCU uniforms, helmet covers and body armor. While all of are camelbacks, rucks, assault pack and racks where in BDU. but all the replacing units mid-deployment had ACUs.
And when we where in Iraq, we had ACUs uniforms, but we would wear flame retardant flight suits in, OD green, Coyote tan, and ACU pattern while on convoy ops.
And then we got issued light baggy "theater only" two peace flame retardant ACU pattern uniforms, while all the SF cats where running around in Muilt-cam and the AirForce was kitted out in half tiger strips and DCUs. The only uniformity being mostly from unit based.
Of course this was in 08 before the supply chain really caught up with every one.
There is a reason why congress pretty much ordered the military to come up with a service uniform for all services and to ditch the all the new ones. They are just all trying to figure out which way to go at the moment.  ;D
I mean if they had just gone with Mult-cam from the get go, like all the infantry and commanders on he ground where asking for. We wouldn't be having this problem now. But some REMF in the pentagon most likely secured his promotion and corporate kick backs by shouldering us with that useless horrible uniform.  lol