Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:47:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690903
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 907
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: [LaserCutCard] CASSPIR 2 painted test added  (Read 19661 times)

Offline LaserCutCard

• Librarian
  • LaserCutCard
    • LaserCutCard
Re: [LaserCutCard] Ratel WIP
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2013, 04:47:22 AM »
Here is the first draft of the Ratel

Needs lots of work but I am glad this project is off the ground :)

former user

« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2013, 05:20:27 AM »
You certainly did very well with the model, but isn't it a bit too large? I mean given the fact that You are putting it into perspective with a 40K miniature?

You could certainly reduce the template to 90% or 95%, since You are in the concept stage still?

Blitzkrieg Miniatures for instance makes resin models in 2 scales for 28mm, because they can scale up and down due to the digital design process

Offline LaserCutCard

• Librarian
  • LaserCutCard
    • LaserCutCard
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2013, 05:29:55 AM »
You certainly did very well with the model, but isn't it a bit too large? I mean given the fact that You are putting it into perspective with a 40K miniature?

It is way too big. It is getting scaled down 90% as we speak. As you say, it is a first draft :)

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2013, 09:23:50 PM »
These are all fantastic...I may definitely have to invest in some.  I'm sure I speak for most international buyers - if we buy overseas, we tend to want to make a single large order, to avoid tons of shipping costs.  I'd probably want one or two of each.  Lovely designs.  SA style vehicles have long been my absolute favourites.  Great looking models.
2024 Painted Miniatures: 203
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline LaserCutCard

• Librarian
  • LaserCutCard
    • LaserCutCard
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2013, 04:16:16 AM »
These are all fantastic...I may definitely have to invest in some.  I'm sure I speak for most international buyers - if we buy overseas, we tend to want to make a single large order, to avoid tons of shipping costs.  I'd probably want one or two of each.  Lovely designs.  SA style vehicles have long been my absolute favourites.  Great looking models.

Thanks for the kind words.

The shipping costs are not really the problem (3 buffels ship for $4.50 worldwide) it is the import duties that are the killer.

I need to figure out a way to minimise them... like putting a birthday card inside the envelope from "Auntie Mildred in South Africa" or something  ;D

Offline Arrigo

• Mastermind
  • errare humanum est, perseverare diabolicum est
    • Forward HQ my new blog where you can laugh at my crappy photos!
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2013, 04:34:06 PM »
I have always postponed an order... but now postponing seems less and less decent... but that poses another question... what I can use for SADF troops? I thought about IDF... but let's say the Mongrel ones seems rarer than Latinum... will british troops with SLR in bush hats pass for SADF non helmeted troops? Or maybe using the Rhodesians?

Arrigo
"Put Grant straight in"

for pretty tanks and troops: http://forwardhq.blogspot.com

Offline LaserCutCard

• Librarian
  • LaserCutCard
    • LaserCutCard
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2013, 12:43:07 PM »
I have always postponed an order... but now postponing seems less and less decent... but that poses another question... what I can use for SADF troops? I thought about IDF... but let's say the Mongrel ones seems rarer than Latinum... will british troops with SLR in bush hats pass for SADF non helmeted troops? Or maybe using the Rhodesians?

Arrigo

This unfortunately is a bit of a problem. The Eureka Rhodesians would be the first choice and I am hoping that someone will review the buffel against some Eurka models soon. I have started converting up some GW catachans but these are more so that I can use these in games of 40k.

Here is an update on the cut. It has been shrunk down and the first draft of the Ingwe missile system and 90mm turret have been done.

I still have done nothing about the lining up of the card edges yet so it looks very tatty but that is what WIP are all about :)

Offline phalanx

• Schoolboy
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2013, 01:49:24 PM »
What about the Eureka australians for the Vietnam range in bush hats and SLR rifles to use as SADF?

Offline Arrigo

• Mastermind
« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2013, 03:48:59 PM »
Well,

after my rant yesterday I did some research...  8) Well no one can do the mech infantry with R5 rifle and helmet (barring procuring Mongrel IDF a quite impossible task... well I have them but they are IDF...) but if one is satisfied with normal infantry with R4 and bush hat there are several options. One is going for Nam australians (but usually they have M60 instead of GPMG) and here we have TAG, Force of Arms, (both standard contemporary 28mm) and the smaller eureka ones (smaller than their RLI and ZANLA). There are some deifferences in webbing but better than nothing. another option are the new Borneo ranges (Commando Miniatures and the new Eureka ones, Kosta did them, Eureka had some at Salute but I do not know their current stock status because officially they have not been yet released). Again there are some webbing dfifferences, but they have the GPMG...

Well it is not as bad as I was fearing. Cubans can be represented by syrians and SWAPO and MPLA can be proxied... well it looks like this thing can be a go... (Cuban I have, soviets I have, I have African militias and can procure some better armed militia for SWAPO regulars and MPLA...)

Offline Arrigo

• Mastermind
« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2013, 03:29:10 PM »
question:

after the Ratel, have you thought to make an Eland 90?

Offline LaserCutCard

• Librarian
  • LaserCutCard
    • LaserCutCard
« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2013, 04:16:59 PM »
question:

after the Ratel, have you thought to make an Eland 90?

Answer: Here is the test cut of the Eland.  ;D

Steve has outdone himself with this I think.. even though this was a first cut, it went together remarkably well. The turret that holds the 90mm cannon will be made interchangeable with the ratel

For anyone who has no idea what this strange little beast is, here is a clip from Youtube

Offline Arrigo

• Mastermind
Re: [LaserCutCard] Casspir, Ratel and Eland
« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2013, 04:09:29 PM »
I can only say... WHOOOOW...

I will definitely order some, even if I am broke (well the price is not bad at all, it seems a good alternative for broken wargamers...). anyway one Eland, one maybe two Ratels and I am set for my table in 28mm. Maybe a Buffel and/or a Casspir.

But I am starting to think to other vehicles too... olifant, BTR 152 and BTR 50 sounds appropriate... unimog truck... maybe some less common modern vehicles (CV90, YPR795, VCC1 Camillino... they can also be converted in some nice looking Sci-fi stuff...) but first some historical gamers have to buy, paint and show to create more interest...

Offline LaserCutCard

• Librarian
  • LaserCutCard
    • LaserCutCard
« Reply #42 on: November 20, 2013, 10:32:53 AM »
Here is the most recent cut of the Casspir. Pretty much done but it is getting recut as there are parts of it that are a little difficult to build and I have seen a way to make it similar.

Also, the way that it is cut at the moment makes it come out a little expensive (~$24 retail) and I would like to try bring the cost down.

Offline Rob_bresnen

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2013, 10:46:54 AM »
I love the look of your vehicals buut I would worry that they look very difficult to put togeather- how long would it take for someone to assembe one of these?

(in all honesty it looks like the sort of thing I would buy but then never get round to assembling... ::) )
Theres more 28mm Superhero Madness at my blog, http://fourcoloursupers.blogspot.com/
And for Ultra-modern Wargaming check out Hotel Zugando at http://ultramoderngaming.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline LaserCutCard

• Librarian
  • LaserCutCard
    • LaserCutCard
« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2013, 11:08:29 AM »
I love the look of your vehicals buut I would worry that they look very difficult to put togeather- how long would it take for someone to assembe one of these?

(in all honesty it looks like the sort of thing I would buy but then never get round to assembling... ::) )

I think that that is a valid concern Rob.

These are designed more for people who like scratchbuilding than for people who want to plop something on the table.

They take me about an hour to put together but I know the kits backwards. Say 2-3 hours for someone else.

Take a look at the assembly instructions for the buffel and see if you could manage it.

http://www.lasercutcard.co.za/download/manuals/v08.cfm