Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 10:44:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691515
  • Total Topics: 118398
  • Online Today: 609
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: (KICKSTARTER) Worldsmith Industries Wrecked Vehicle Markers  (Read 4196 times)

Offline Wachaza

• Mad Scientist
Re: Wrecked Vehicle Markers Kickstarter
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2013, 07:36:24 PM »
Clearly these are intended for the most anal of tournament players but I could do better cutting out an outline and sticking bits on or by buying an actual badly assembled vehicle from ebay and then wrecking that.

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2013, 08:11:43 AM »
And while I think about it, why are yhe vehicle's apparently full of rubble.

Simply put: GW coat tail riding.
Now water can flow....or water can crash...be water my friend.
Sifu Bruce Lee.

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2013, 08:13:04 AM »
Shame that you couldn't do something more with more thought.

Offline JMGraham

• Librarian
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2013, 04:03:30 AM »
Simply put: GW coat tail riding.

I'd hardly call a low-level specialty Kickstarter riding on anyone's coat-tails. If so, I reckon it's a pretty short ride.  ;) Your opinion is noted.

I've got to say, I'm a bit surprised by how negative and non-constructive some of the comments have been. I have no problems with folks not liking the exploded vehicle markers, but I've come to expect a higher degree of politeness from the LAF crowd. With that said, I appreciate the comments, supportive or otherwise.

For those who are interested, the Space Elf (evil and not-so-evil) wrecks have been unlocked, with new stretch goals for Space Orc exploded vehicle markers and for some Alien Bug tunneling markers. Thanks for looking!

« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 04:49:29 AM by JMGraham »

Offline Sangennaru

• Galactic Brain
  • The Lazy One
    • The Lazy Forger
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2013, 07:21:16 AM »
Even though i'm not impressed as well from the pieces offering, i have to agree with JMGraham: people here are being a little too rude: afterall, he is sculpting something, and even though he is obviously doing something in the "shadow" of GW, he is still doing something new! Ok, it could have been done in a more realistic way, but that's the way it is.
Considering the huge amount of semi-amatorial scenery that you can find online, those are not bad.

I don't see the anticonstructive criticism that you said, JM, but there's hate against GW that is reversed to you, that's my feeling. Apparently after a first negative comment people are more tempted to comment harshly.

That said, the funding of your kickstarter speaks himself. So even though i will not invest money in those markers, imho you did a good job! :)

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2013, 07:43:12 AM »
Now I do like the look of those alien tunneling markers. I could see them having a few different uses; sci-fi, occult horror, fantasy, and so on.

I think the main issue with the wrecked vehicle markers is an aesthetic one; they perhaps look too abstract which is fine if they are simply markers, but maybe not to everyone's taste. My personal preference would be to see more obvious vehicle parts and crash site type debris that would provide cover and block line of dight, etc. I think that generally the other comments were offered in a similar vein; i.e. ad potential customers this would be what we would buy, etc.

Back to the tunnel markers, what about some open tunnel mouths without creatures too?

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2013, 07:07:17 PM »
+1 on the sarlac/worm markers. Those are nicely sculpted.

Offline rwwin

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2013, 09:15:36 PM »

I've got to say, I'm a bit surprised by how negative and non-constructive some of the comments have been. I have no problems with folks not liking the exploded vehicle markers, but I've come to expect a higher degree of politeness from the LAF crowd. With that said, I appreciate the comments, supportive or otherwise.

I suspect because your showing a product that has a small niche even in 40K and then your showing it on a forum that even on it's best days is quite apathetic to GW in general and and often hostile to 40K in specific.  Essentially this is kind of the wrong crowd to expect a warm reception to your products regardless of design or production values.