Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 04:12:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690724
  • Total Topics: 118343
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: (COMMERCIAL) GW commercial  (Read 8310 times)

Offline Bugsda

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: [COMMERCIAL] GW commercial
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2013, 11:54:00 AM »
One of the suggested vids to watch at the end of it is this one

I watched it all, he's brilliant lol

I believe the south's gonna rise again, and maybe invade Nottingham  lol
Well I've lead an evil life, so they say, but I'll outrun the Devil on judgement day.

Offline zorg

• Librarian
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2013, 05:16:48 PM »
It's a parody of blue table painting.

Well, I didn't know what was being parodied... :)
understanding is a three-edged sword

Offline janner

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Laughing Cavalier
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2013, 09:50:06 PM »
What nationality is Crenadian anyway  lol lol

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
  • There are hostile eye watching us from the arroyos
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2013, 02:39:31 PM »
It's a parody of blue table painting.

What The Heck is "blue table painting," please?

I am really trying to understand the topic!

Is this something only GW gamers would get? 

I did not view the second video just solely based on what I see in the post...

background rant:  I have never (IIRC) played the rules - watched a few games friends were playing - ZZZ, only knowingly bought GW lizardmen for VSF off Ebay because of my dislike for the GW style in 99.9% of the figures, was turned off more than anything else in my gaming experience by the first GW rep I met, and despised how he treated a shop-owner who was a brother of a close friend who he trying to convince to dump all his historical and fantasy lines and carry GW only.  That said, I find the vitriol some people have towards the Evil Empire makes me look like a fan!  Back on topic:

So, what exactly (beside the supposed dearth of "girl gamers" outside of RPGs) is being parodied here?  I really don't "get" most of the video, parody or not... 

Gracias,

Glenn

« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 03:44:08 PM by Westfalia Chris »
Viva Alta California!  Las guerras de España,  Las guerras de las Américas,  Las guerras para la Libertad!

Offline Glitzer

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2013, 03:38:20 PM »
What The Heck is "blue table painting," please?

I honestly have no idea. I would be delighted to be enlightened.
Far less active than I used to...

Offline TheBlackCrane

• Mad Scientist
    • Tales of the Black Crane
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2013, 04:02:21 PM »
Having given in to curiosity and looked it up, it turns out to be a painting company with a attached space for hosting games. No problems there. The spiel on the homepage does, however, make out as though the company and its painting standard is the best thing in the galaxy, and probably beyond. As for the first few seconds of a video I watched on the site, well. I turned it off.

(Not that I've ever actually played GW games either, although I do find myself painting their fantasy figures when I feel like doing something like that, and can find them for a sensible price, often from the good members of this forum actually  :D )

Anyway, this Blue Table Painting is a basically a painting company which seems to focus on GW and appears to be very pleased with it(him)self. You can google it. I will say the location looks pretty nice, but that aside, meh.

Offline grant

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2013, 07:02:33 PM »
Huh. Well, good on the guy for living his dream, I guess. Nothing terribly exciting about his painting, but good enough for most I suppose.

His videos are kind of bad; I don't get why the hillbilly felt the need to spoof this company though? Is there some kind of a Snoop Dogg/Biggie Smallz (the Notorious DED) thing going on here? I really am dumbfounded. The spoof is much worse than the original, and only makes the guy look like a complete tool. Maybe these petty rivalries are just endemic in the super serious and competitive GW world, in the US? Maybe they do drive by drybrushings of each other's models when the rivalry heats up?

Word. Or whatever.  lol
It’s a beautiful thing, the destruction of words - Orwell, 1984

Offline grant

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2013, 07:17:13 PM »
Holy moly, there IS a whole series of to-n-fro epic rivalry videos here. Well, by "epic", I mean "utter rubbish". Having watched just enough to confirm what's happening here, I will also report that I've just lost 12 minutes of my life, that I'm never getting back.

I've got to go paint something just to cleanse my brain now.  lol

Offline Diakon

• Mad Scientist
  • Fancy a Battlefight?
    • My Blog - Tales From The Lead Pile
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2013, 07:30:41 PM »
Posted this vid on my FB wall and my friend posted this one in the comments. It's really funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3p_VuPIS2c&feature=youtu.be

Offline grant

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2013, 07:42:04 PM »

Offline Glitzer

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2013, 07:54:52 PM »
Posted this vid on my FB wall and my friend posted this one in the comments. It's really funny.

Sad but true. This is how most of GW's minis really look like (if they get painted at all).

Offline Gunbird

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • With miniatures, anything is possible!
    • 20mm and then some
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2013, 10:24:10 PM »

In fact he looks a bit autism spectrum to me that kid.

I´m slightly offended by that remark. As an autistic person myself I've seen more then 1 Norm behave in an autistic manner, but I do get what you mean in regards to the kid. Lets just say he behaved out of the norm, ok?
Who is Gunbird? Johan van Ooij, Dutch, Mercenary Gamer, no longer mobile and happy to live life while it lasts >> http://20mmandthensome.blogspot.com/

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
  • There are hostile eye watching us from the arroyos
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2013, 12:24:05 AM »
Huh. Well, good on the guy for living his dream, I guess. Nothing terribly exciting about his painting, but good enough for most I suppose.

His videos are kind of bad; I don't get why the hillbilly felt the need to spoof this company though? Is there some kind of a Snoop Dogg/Biggie Smallz (the Notorious DED) thing going on here? I really am dumbfounded. The spoof is much worse than the original, and only makes the guy look like a complete tool. Maybe these petty rivalries are just endemic in the super serious and competitive GW world, in the US? Maybe they do drive by drybrushings of each other's models when the rivalry heats up?

Word. Or whatever.  lol

This thread is getting weirder than the burger from a lab sample one.

Okay, there are "third sigma" people on both ends of the spectrum - sometimes (like me) on both ends of the spectrum at the same time.  But I don't post videos certifying my membership in that status just as I turned down the Phi Beta Kappa thing (or whatever the group was called.)   :?

Sometimes the impossible dream is just to be normal.  But then these guys probably see themselves as normal.  I sometimes think "normal" is an advertising scam.   :o

Sorry, just feeling weirder than normal today.  :(

Maybe it's a lunar thing... when is the full moon?   ;)

Time to get off the computer...

Gracias,

Glenn