Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 07:38:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689775
  • Total Topics: 118294
  • Online Today: 798
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: In Her Majesty's Name -- should I buy this?  (Read 8268 times)

Offline Mike D. Mc Brice

• Mad Scientist
  • Lead Painters League Winner
Re: In Her Majesty's Name -- should I buy this?
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2013, 12:12:19 PM »
The game is realy much more Pulp than Gothic Horror. I'm don't know sure what is comming with the supplement but so far Vampires and Werwolves etc are not part of the rules. Maybe they could be improvised but I didn't notice any rules for draining blood, shapechangers or specific weapon immunites. Let alone stakes and silver weapons.

Some people might have notived that the authors of IHMN have previoulsy done a simillar set of rules named "In the Emperor's Name". This available as free download, just use google. These give you some ideas how the game mechanics work.

Offline Craig

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Youth & Talent are no match for Age and Treachery.
    • The Ministry of Gentlemanly Warfare
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2013, 12:26:36 PM »
The section on mystic fighting says each mystic power to be used in the fighting phase is either an attack itself, is in addition to an attack or foregoes the attack for some other effect...
...but the powers don't explicitly mention which is which.

No-one else has ever brought that up Maxxon - so well done for a truly original question.  I think that most people have just use common sense in the context of the situation in which the power is being used.

Btw: The latest quick ref sheet is missing opponent speed as fighting modifier. Or has this been changed?

I'll have to check that. It is certainly on the latest Figure Reference cards we published a few days ago.

Which walker rules does the steam horse use, or is it just a faster horse? E.g. does it need to pay for facing changes?

The Cody Steam Horse was intended to be used simply as a tougher faster horse. As it provides the rider with no extra protection or firepower you can ignore the Walker Hit Effect table on page 29.
My sincerest contrafibularities
General Lord Craig Arthur Wellesey Cartmell (ret'd)
https://theministryofgentlemanlywarfare.wordpress.com/

Offline Craig

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2013, 12:31:49 PM »
The game is realy much more Pulp than Gothic Horror. I'm don't know sure what is comming with the supplement but so far Vampires and Werwolves etc are not part of the rules. Maybe they could be improvised but I didn't notice any rules for draining blood, shapechangers or specific weapon immunites. Let alone stakes and silver weapons.

Some people might have notived that the authors of IHMN have previoulsy done a simillar set of rules named "In the Emperor's Name". This available as free download, just use google. These give you some ideas how the game mechanics work.

The supplement does include The Entourage of Vlad Tepes, Prince of Wallachia and his 'Brides'. This unusual servant of the Austro-Hungarian Court has many powers of a supernatural nature, though I shall avoid calling him a vampire. he can be 'funny' about such slurs...

In the Emperor's Name is now in its third edition and is edited by our good friend Gavin. We have had no input into this edition as we have been far too busy with IHMN.  It can be found here: http://iten-game.org/

Offline Mike D. Mc Brice

• Mad Scientist
  • Lead Painters League Winner
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2013, 01:13:28 PM »
The supplement does include The Entourage of Vlad Tepes, Prince of Wallachia and his 'Brides'. This unusual servant of the Austro-Hungarian Court has many powers of a supernatural nature, though I shall avoid calling him a vampire. he can be 'funny' about such slurs...

Can this be played a classic Gothic Horror with all the usual vampire perks? Do the rules include shapechanging into wolf/bat, drinking blood, holy relics, staking and the like?

Hope Northstar will make some cool minis to go with the supplement. :-)

Offline The_Beast

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • As my grandchildren see me...
« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2013, 02:55:09 PM »
Can this be played a classic Gothic Horror with all the usual vampire perks? Do the rules include shapechanging into wolf/bat, drinking blood, holy relics, staking and the like?

Do be careful, ol' bean, as to phraseology. 'Can' seems to suggest some sort of constraint to your choices, and he's liable to go off again on how you have free will. Two or three such diatribes per thread seems an appropriate limit.  lol

As to the vision he's imparted to his stats, yes, very curious.

Hope Northstar will make some cool minis to go with the supplement. :-)

While there are a large number of very good and usable figures, I'm assuming Nick has found the 'partnership' most profitable, and will be continuing to do so. And IF he does, there will be rejoicing whether fans of IHMN or not. Which I are.  ;)

Doug

Offline Craig

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2013, 07:13:39 PM »

Who said anything about vampires?  ;)  The Prince's powers are suitable for his background and noble station. If you should choose to believe the unpleasant rumours spread by that drunkard Stoker well that is your concern.

Offline Craig

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2013, 07:16:34 PM »
While there are a large number of very good and usable figures, I'm assuming Nick has found the 'partnership' most profitable, and will be continuing to do so. And IF he does, there will be rejoicing whether fans of IHMN or not. Which I are.  ;)

You might think that but I could not possibly comment.  I think that a problem facing Nick would be the speed with which we are turning around the supplements now. This could make it difficult for him to commission and mould the sculpts.

Let us all hope he can but not be disappointed if he is not able too. After all he has done such good work for IHMN so far.